Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters do you sometimes feel this way? Kids more than marriage itself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters do you sometimes feel this way? Kids more than marriage itself.

:salams:

Do you sisters sometimes feel this way? I feel this way all the time.

I feel like I am more excited to make a family and to raise them, more than the act of marriage itself.

Even though I am excited for both, I am looking forward to pregnancy and creating a generation who would abide by the teachings of Allah :love:

I know many sisters get put off because of the process of pregnancy itself, but wallah the gift after it all is truly a blessing, all that pain, 9 months, i surely would do it again and again lol.

Sisters always say to me 'see after your first kid, i doubt you'd want another one'

I cant help but see it all as something worth striving for, as it is for the sake of Allah.

:sub: Even Allah praises his slaves in surah Furqan:

And those who say, "Our Lord, grant us from among our wives and
    offspring comfort to our eyes and make us an example for the righteous."

This dua starting from rabanna is so beautiful, lets try and read it daily sisters. May Allah grant us a righteous spouse and pious offspring. :love:

Last edited by iRepIslam; 08-11-14, 12:16 PM.
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

I don't think it's just sisters, brothers don't have to bear the child, but they are just as excited to get offspring.

2 main reasons why I desire marriage is to have a person I can trust, care and love for and to have a family.

Getting married just to satisfy your sexual urge seems shallow to me.

Comment

Re: Sisters do you sometimes feel this way? Kids more than marriage itself.

I heard marriage only gets difficult after pregnancy and kids, so I think it's a double edged sword.

Comment

Originally posted by toska View Post
        I don't think it's just sisters, brothers don't have to bear the child, but they are just as excited to get offspring.

2 main reasons why I desire marriage is to have a person I can trust, care and love for and to have a family.

Getting married just to satisfy your sexual urge seems shallow to me.
        I think you're getting the wrong picture, i didnt say that. Im talking about raising kids, which i look forward too more than marriage lol.
        Last edited by iRepIslam; 08-11-14, 12:25 PM.
        The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
          I heard marriage only gets difficult after pregnancy and kids, so I think it's a double edged sword.
          yeah it will but for the sake of Allah we marry to have kids and to make sure Islam gets passes down from generation to generation, who cares if its difficult...

:D

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
            yeah it will but for the sake of Allah we marry to have kids and to make sure Islam gets passes down from generation to generation, who cares if its difficult...

:D
            You're right, it's worth the sadaqah jaariyah.

Comment

Don't get me wrong marriage is beautiful ^.^ and the blessings eg companionship, children areeeeee amazing :) :insha: :inlove:

I hope allah blesses me wth a husband who too loves children and :insha: is able to help me raise them to be pious muslims:)

Make dua for me everyone.

Comment

Don't get me wrong marriage is beautiful ^.^ and the blessings eg companionship, children areeeeee amazing :) :insha: :inlove:

I hope allah blesses me wth a husband who too loves children and :insha: is able to help me raise them to be pious muslims:)

Make dua for me everyone.
                plz don't ignore the husband after u have kids. i know kids take priority but we need to find a balance because they both need love. husband shouldn't feel he got replaced by the kid. u still need to take time out for each other. u need to make sure the bond between u and ur spouse is strong or when the kid comes in, it can cause tension in the relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
                  plz don't ignore the husband after u have kids. i know kids take priority but we need to find a balance because they both need love. husband shouldn't feel he got replaced by the kid. u still need to take time out for each other. u need to make sure the bond between u and ur spouse is strong or when the kid comes in, it can cause tension in the relationship.
                  Ofcourse akhi, I will never forget about him, with these things you'll need to learn how to balance.

i won't be fulfilling my responsibility if I were to ignore my husband, make dua for me :)

Comment

It's funny, I used to look forward to having kids more than the marriage itself. Now I look forward to the marriage itself more than having kids lol.

:wswrwb:

Comment

Ofcourse akhi, I will never forget about him, with these things you'll need to learn how to balance.

i won't be fulfilling my responsibility if I were to ignore my husband, make dua for me :)
                      ok i thought u meant u were looking forward to having kids but not being married. i'll make dua. but do i make it for u specifically? so for irepislam? lol. will god know u from ur username? idk........

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                        It's funny, I used to look forward to having kids more than the marriage itself. Now I look forward to the marriage itself more than having kids lol.

:wswrwb:
                        ya having kids is a big responsibility. once u have them, theres no turning back. ur stuck having that job till u die. even when they're 30. they come to u with problems. i think we should look forward to both because they both have positives. so find a balance between the two. make time for the kids, but also for the spouse. best of both worlds :)

Comment

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
                          ok i thought u meant u were looking forward to having kids but not being married. i'll make dua. but do i make it for u specifically? so for irepislam? lol. will god know u from ur username? idk........
                          No I look forward to being married aswell, it was always a dream. Lol

just say iRepIslam:) :jkk: brother

Comment

No I look forward to being married aswell, it was always a dream. Lol

just say iRepIslam:) :jkk: brother
                            lol ok inshallah i'll make dua.

of course it was a dream for u. ur a girl. probably imagined a princess wedding lol.....

Comment

If you guys pretty much want kids straight away, then I would suggest speaking to the potential about that before marriage... otherwise you'll just be left waiting and waiting and waiting.....etc
                              ▪️ 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 ▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Working...
                              X