Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is deception

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is deception

    :salams:

    This thread is mainly for sisters regarding make up and those in a bit of a dilemma. I hope it helps you to look at this from a different angle.

    Old story under a new light. I was thinking to myself recently that so much emphasis is put on women to make that effort by wearing make up. Why? I understand if it's a non Muslim community, but when it's the muslim community? It's a DISGRACE. They say make up is there to help you with confidence and self esteem and enhance your beauty. What a load of rap with c in front of rap.

    It's laughable because we all know confidence comes from within not from a bottle of foundation or kohl etc. This is an insult to our creator, isn't our natural God given beauty enough for our muslim men? Instead that we have to resort to man made products that not only give you temporary 'beauty' but could also have side effects, we could face so many problems from these chemicals that's not good for our health and well being.

    I think we need to start teaching ourselves and realising what beauty is and stop following the other path of the non muslim 'beliefs' that not only causes deception but also destruction. I'm not saying ban make up because that could lead to world war three and the collapse of the make up industry- obviously that's not going to happen anyway. lol Where are these feminists when you need a little assistance.

    My point is, walk like a girl, talk like a girl, show your face as a girl not a painted canvas (this goes for natural looks as well, it is still a cover up). Now, you say what's the definition of being a girl? Be yourself and follow the good examples we have been taught. Obviously it is none of my business what you do inside your own homes, but my problem is with meeting potentials who expect you to be flawless and deceiving them like that, He won't be wearing false eyelashes now will he? or foundation to cover that blemish? I understand men are visual creatures, but why do we need to wear make up to impress a potential? This is a problem that the world created itself. And now it has become a norm and acceptable within our muslim communities. It's become a must that you have to wear cover up to be accepted, this is deception in it's ugliest form. lol

    I'm not saying go and meet a potential like a scumbag, I'm saying we should be true to ourselves and stop following the crowd. Sometimes good manners and how you carry yourself is worth more. Obviously this is rare, as many prefer arrogance and looks combined over humility. I can't speak for the rest of the world just personal experiences and what I've seen with others. Not that I'm saying I'm humble. I'm a psycho that needs cocoa now and then. Just making a point.

    Also, I don't understand why some men overload themselves with sprays? I mean that lynx effect (esp. Africa or whatever it is), who are you trying to kill? It makes me feel sick and I end up suffocating and choking.

    So keep it real :insha: obviously this could mean you'll have to wait a little longer for the right partner but it'll be worth it right?

    :jkk:
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

  • #2
    Re: This is deception

    :salams

    Honestly. I'd prefer a woman who doesn't wear make up. Waste of money.

    Make up is exactly what it is. Making up for what you don't have.

    I want to compliment my wife for her face. Not for what she puts on her face. Essentially I'd be complementing the makeup then.




    As for the men with sprays thing. Maybe because men sweat more than women or something. Nothing wrong with good perfume though.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: This is deception

      Btw I wanted to ask this question in a separate thread but I was afraid that sisters would think I was asking a " why do you need to know" question again. But are there any Muslim women who don't wear make up?

      I'm not asking this in a demeaning way. Just in case someone was going to take it that way.
      [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

      [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: This is deception

        Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

        Also, I don't understand why some men overload themselves with sprays? I mean that lynx effect (esp. Africa or whatever it is), who are you trying to kill? It makes me feel sick and I end up suffocating and choking.
        :rotfl:

        On a more serious note, I 100% agree. It's just sad that there's so much pressure for women to wear constantly make-up, to the point when you're considered a weirdo if you don't wear any. Meh.
        اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: This is deception

          Originally posted by |Abdur Raheem| View Post
          Btw I wanted to ask this question in a separate thread but I was afraid that sisters would think I was asking a " why do you need to know" question again. But are there any Muslim women who don't wear make up?

          I'm not asking this in a demeaning way. Just in case someone was going to take it that way.
          There are many Muslim women who don't wear make up. What's more rare is a woman who doesn't pluck her eyebrows. Not doing eyebrows is considered sheer laziness by some people :-/
          اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: This is deception

            .

            :wswrwb:
            Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 10-04-15, 10:58 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: This is deception

              Originally posted by |Abdur Raheem| View Post
              Btw I wanted to ask this question in a separate thread but I was afraid that sisters would think I was asking a " why do you need to know" question again. But are there any Muslim women who don't wear make up?

              I'm not asking this in a demeaning way. Just in case someone was going to take it that way.
              Don't worry brother, we will try to help as much as possible :insha:

              I'm sure there are people out there that do not wear make up. Me and my siblings don't. But I'd like to think it is rare unfortunately to see women that don't wear wake up.. Or maybe some men don't even look at those that don't wear make up and too busy looking at those that wear making up that looks 'natural' therefore giving a false image which men in return thing is real beauty.

              Men have to be aware that when we say make up we are not describing a face that is all powered up with red lipstick on. We are also talking about the very deceiving make up that many men seem to be unaware of, they mistake this with natural make up thinking it's true beauty. So be warned lol.

              Unfortunately for many women make up is apart of their daily routine, no matter how long it may take them, even if takes them an hour it is a MUIST for some girls that they have to wear make up otherwise they feel insecure. It's a shame that society ahs created these kind of thinking and behaviour.



              Originally posted by The Awakening View Post
              There are many Muslim women who don't wear make up. What's more rare is a woman who doesn't pluck her eyebrows. Not doing eyebrows is considered sheer laziness by some people :-/
              I agree, it's as if you are an 'ugly' hideous creature lurking on earth that needs to be disposed off, or taken to the next emergency exit e.g the salon. I don;t know many girls that don't pluck their eyebrows, when I ask them they say it's normal to pluck your eyebrows, religion does not forbid :-/

              Danger alert. It seems to be the single ones that make more effort, and when you ask them why they wear make up, they use the excuse of confidence, then it seems a tad bit obvious that they are trying to impress others.That's the main motive whether we like to admit it or not.
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

              So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: This is deception

                Ya'sin sis,

                I didn't read all the OP. but I think you should know that I went out without make up today.. like nothing on my face, not even moisturizer nothing nada nip nop wello.

                :D me so proud :D
                My heart will go on

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: This is deception

                  I only wear makeup when i have not been to sleep or had enough. when i do put makeup on - its only concealer for the eyes
                  Okay :)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: This is deception

                    Originally posted by zainah View Post
                    Ya'sin sis,

                    I didn't read all the OP. but I think you should know that I went out without make up today.. like nothing on my face, not even moisturizer nothing nada nip nop wello.

                    :D me so proud :D

                    I'm proud of you sis, I got tears in me eyes :'-(

                    You go girl!

                    lol
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: This is deception

                      lol
                      Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 07-11-14, 06:24 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: This is deception

                        About plucking eyebrows. It is so rare to find a girl that does not do that. As well as makeup. Those girls that stay away from it must find it tough as they are judged by not only men but also women. But someone will find them beautiful and see them for who they are and not the make up

                        I remember ages ago seeing a video of a Chinese girl without makeup and then with her with it on. The difference was huge. She looked like a different person. It was deceptive to any future partner she had as basically she is something else
                        Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                        ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

                        www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: This is deception

                          Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                          I agree, it's as if you are an 'ugly' hideous creature lurking on earth that needs to be disposed off, or taken to the next emergency exit e.g the salon. I don;t know many girls that don't pluck their eyebrows, when I ask them they say it's normal to pluck your eyebrows, religion does not forbid :-/

                          Danger alert. It seems to be the single ones that make more effort, and when you ask them why they wear make up, they use the excuse of confidence, then it seems a tad bit obvious that they are trying to impress others.That's the main motive whether we like to admit it or not.
                          Agreed. I mean, I understand that everyone has their own struggles, inshaAllah they'll change one day. The prospect of being cursed by Allah is a big one :-/
                          Last edited by The Awakening; 07-11-14, 07:02 PM.
                          اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: This is deception

                            Nothing wrong with wearing make up as long as it's permissible in itself and in permissible situations. I don't understand why people who don't wear it should be held on a pedestal, it's a personal choice. If you prefer to marry someone who doesn't wear it then so be it, but no need to look down on others.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: This is deception

                              Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                              Nothing wrong with wearing make up as long as it's permissible in itself and in permissible situations. I don't understand why people who don't wear it should be held on a pedestal, it's a personal choice. If you prefer to marry someone who doesn't wear it then so be it, but no need to look down on others.
                              I actually agree with you :)
                              My heart will go on

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X