X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslima London
    replied
    Re: Prophet's proposal to Umm Salamah RA - masha allah

how beautiful to read this, especially the bolded part.

Subhanallah, the most noble, the most greatest man in all of history did not think himself above marrryin a widow with children. in fact he reassured her with the most reassuring of words.

i contrast this to a proposal was once looking at. the brother was a few years older thn me. He actually said that I, should feel grateful that he is considering me, as i have children.
    There are no - sticking 2 fingers up - smileys but that was more or less my reaction. Seriously bro, if thats your attitude, then i am NOT interested in your bit of charity to me.

Our brothers in islam can learn sometning from the eitqutte, good manners and beautiful nature of the prophet mohammed pbuh.

Leave a comment:

• Prophet's proposal to Umm Salamah RA - masha allah

Umm Salamah (ra) remembered the prayer her husband had quoted on his deathbed from the Prophet (saw) and began repeating it, "O Lord, with you I leave this my plight for consideration…" But she could not bring herself to continue… "O Lord, give me something better from it", because she kept asking herself, "Who could be better than Abu Salamah (ra)?" But she eventually completed the supplication.

The Muslims were greatly saddened by the plight of Umm Salamah (ra). She became known as "Ayyin al-'Arab" - the one who had lost her husband. She had no one in Madinah of her own except her small children, like a hen without feathers. "I am a stranger in a strange place," she said, but on the advice of the Noble Prophet (saw), she refrained from weeping publicly.

Both the Muhajirun and Ansar felt they had a duty to Umm Salamah (ra). When she had completed the 'iddah (three months and ten days), Abu Bakr (ra) proposed marriage to her but she refused. Then 'Umar (ra) asked to marry her but she also declined the proposal. The Prophet (saw) then approached her and she replied:

"O Messenger of Allah, I have three characteristics. I am a woman who is extremely jealous and I am afraid that you will see in me something that will anger you and cause Allah (swt) to punish me. I am a woman who is already advanced in age and I am a woman who has a young family."

The Prophet (saw) replied:

"Regarding the jealousy you mentioned, I pray to Allah (swt) to let it go away from you. Regarding the question of age you have mentioned, I am afflicted with the same problem as you. Regarding the dependent family you have mentioned, your family is my family."

They were married and so it was that Allah (swt) answered the prayer of Umm Salamah (ra) and gave her better than Abu Salamah (ra). From that day on Hind al-Makhzumiyah was no longer the mother of Salamah (ra) alone but became the mother of all believers, Umm al-Mu'minin.
Working...
X