Marriage is half religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage is half religion

Adam & Eve (I will refer with these names but you know who i mean) PBUT in heaven lived together. But were they married? DId Allah create Eve specifically as Adam's wife therefore no marriage was required.

When they were exiled to earth they lived together, had sexual relationship and children together but were they married?

In Islam marriage is considered half your religion, so very important, you cant have sexual relationship before marriage etc.... But is this just applicable for the later generations?

As obviously in times of Adam and Eve PBUT there was no imam, no witnesses so who would have married them? Or was the marriage by default as there were no other people so by default they are already coupled and in effect married. But without the religious ceremonies?

The last question is about meeting up. In islam if two people are engaged are they allowed to meet up to discuss personal matters of importance in public place. The reason being they may not want to discuss certain issues with presence of other people. Obviously some people meet up for hanky panky so this would be seen as wrong but is it just about the intentions or is clearly stated that two engaged people (who have intention of marriage) can not meet up?

I do not want anyones personal views or feeling, It has to be facts with reference source of quran or hadith
    Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Re: Marriage is half religion

Sorry I dont have references but I do know the answers to some of these. Mostly from Mufti Menks lectures.

1) Yes - she was created as his wife in the first place.

2) Yes

3) Not entirely sure what you mean

4) Adam and Eve were married by default but on Earth they had 20 sets of twins. One boy and one girl each time. The boy from one set would marry a girl from another set, the marriage was not by default because we see from the story of Habil and Cabil (Cane and Able) that they had some degree of choice in the matter.

5) No they cannot, the only time when they can see each other/communicate is when (one of) the girls mahram is there ie father, brother, uncle, etc.

Comment

i think sometimes you got to look at what you want to achieve and the circumstances, for example some girls might have abusive parents and thus the guy may have to meet up with her to try and move on and help her out. Some kids dont get along with parents.

Some people dont have parents or mahram. At the end of the day, its about intentions, they say you shouldnt meet due to shaytann, but as long you dont actually do anything haram, you are still observing religion.
      Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Comment

Not exactly. If her parents aren't doing a good job or if she doesnt have a mahram (very unlikely), she can appoint another wali like an imam. It isn't islamically ok for non-mahram guy and girl to meet up no matter how good the intention is. Its just like the story of Barsisa (You can find it on Youtube), what seems innocent in the first place can end up worse and worse. Shaytan doesnt work quickly. He builds things up gradually.

Comment

:salams

I believe the angels were the witness, but don't have a physical source for this. Heard it at a lecture, if I remember correctly.

Allahu alam.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

[QUOTE=rafhelp;6095910]
            Adam & Eve (I will refer with these names but you know who i mean) PBUT in heaven lived together. But were they married? DId Allah create Eve specifically as Adam's wife therefore no marriage was required.
            Yes they were married. Allah ( swt ) knew that Adam ( as ) was feeling lonely because though there were angels and jinns at that time , yet Adam ( as ) was unlike them and thus could not connect with them. Eve ( as ) was created as a companion for him , and Allah ( swt ) with his wisdom made this relation of wife and husband for the betterment of humans as a whole.

When they were exiled to earth they lived together, had sexual relationship and children together but were they married
            ?

This matter of were they created in Paradise itself or not and later send to earth is a matter of debate. I am not going into that now.
            As I mentioned before they were married and like other Human couples were intimate and had children.

In Islam marriage is considered half your religion, so very important, you cant have sexual relationship before marriage etc.... But is this just applicable for the later generations?
            Your first part is true and does not need further explanation. Not being intimate before marriage was applicable throughout history of Mankind. It was applicable to Adam ( as ) and his wife , and Adam ( as ) was a prophet , thus his actions were guidance to later generations how they are supposed to act and live life.

As obviously in times of Adam and Eve PBUT there was no imam, no witnesses so who would have married them? Or was the marriage by default as there were no other people so by default they are already coupled and in effect married. But without the religious ceremonies?

It was not by Default . Allah (swt ) created them with a specific purpose , there is always sound reasons behind the actions of Allah ( swt ).
            The angels could have been witness , also Allah ( swt ) himself was witness. Allah ( swt ) spoke to Adam ( as ).

The last question is about meeting up. In islam if two people are engaged are they allowed to meet up to discuss personal matters of importance in public place. The reason being they may not want to discuss certain issues with presence of other people. Obviously some people meet up for hanky panky so this would be seen as wrong but is it just about the intentions or is clearly stated that two engaged people (who have intention of marriage) can not meet up?
            I do not think engaged people can meet each other without presence of a guardian .

Comment

Working...
            X