Notice this online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice this online

Ever since I've been apart of any Muslim community online [whether it be Muslim twitter or wherever] for the past months, I've noticed two prevailing topics/themes always circulating.

The guys at least online love to talk about four wives as if it's wajib [obligatory] and hoor al ayns non-stop around the clock! Maybe it's to ruse the female Muslimahs most of the time, but I'd rather focus on achieving one wife instead of jumping the gun and planning on four - and I personally could not hold out hoping and thinking for eternity on hoor al ayns. It never crossed my mind & hasn't until I figured it has to many here online.

The ladies at least online will paint the man as the most hated creature and really show their minds. I never really knew they harboured so much doubt, fear, and hate over many men [I understand history of abusive relationships, venting and more], but never really knew this online. It's almost as if they'd rather not marry a born Muslim man at times. I don't know, never heard or been exposed to this in reality.

Is online that different?

Re: Notice this online

Most people online are +- teenagers. Students with free internet, etc. That's why most personal opinions are like that. If you want a considered professional/mature opinion then you better off looking at the teaching websites.

Most of my friends older than me do not have twitter, and everyone younger than me does. If you looked at the twitter opinion of just my friends it would be biased toward emotional and highly charged political tweets. Not really demonstrative of the group as a whole.

Comment

Re: Notice this online

Originally posted by Ikki View Post
      Most people online are +- teenagers. Students with free internet, etc. That's why most personal opinions are like that. If you want a considered professional/mature opinion then you better off looking at the teaching websites.

Most of my friends older than me do not have twitter, and everyone younger than me does. If you looked at the twitter opinion of just my friends it would be biased toward emotional and highly charged political tweets. Not really demonstrative of the group as a whole.
      Lol yeah i agree. Some people are pretty irrational or dumb over the internet (not saying your friends are, but in general). Maybe they feel ballsy because they're not discussing such issues in person.
      www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
      X