Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahle Kitab wife dos and donts

Salaams

I know some brothers who are married to ahle-kitaab women, mainly from eastern europe. Majority of these women are practicing Christians and have been loyal
    to their husbands.

What are the rules regarding these women being allowed to:

- drink alcohol
    - eat pork
    - leave the house without hijaab

I understand this is a bit controversial issue, and i know these marriages are disliked and frowned upon by the scholars for obvious reasons but im not looking for
    opinons just wanting to understand if they are allowed to do the above 3 things or not, because in "their shariah" they are allowed but obviously it contradicts Islamic
    teachings.

Re: Ahle Kitab wife dos and donts

Pork is not allowed by there shariah also.

Covering the hair on head is a must for them also.

Alcohol cannot be consumed because its been prohibited clearly.

Now the question is whether a person marries someone who is ahle kitab or just a christian by name . There would lie the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
      Pork is not allowed by there shariah also.

Covering the hair on head is a must for them also.

Alcohol cannot be consumed because its been prohibited clearly.

Now the question is whether a person marries someone who is ahle kitab or just a christian by name . There would lie the difference.
      says who

Comment

Originally posted by peras1 View Post
        says who

The Bible .

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
          The Bible .
          hmm.. i am not sure. didn't umar ra stop kafir women from wearing hijab? bcuz hijab is only for muslims.

Comment

He must forbid her from haram.

Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord (Ephesians 5:22)
            “You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”

Comment

Originally posted by peras1 View Post
              hmm.. i am not sure. didn't umar ra stop kafir women from wearing hijab? bcuz hijab is only for muslims.
              You can see how Maryam ( as ) is portrayed. She is always in Hijab .

All the nuns follow the same dress code.

Comment

Dos: you can make dawah to her and maybe with the help of Allah she might revert and you will get immense reward!

Donts: it's risky. You are leaving her with your child and that requires a lot of trust!

Comment

bad idea, very bad idea. The state nearly always sides with the kafir against the muslim in these sort of marriages if things go wrong.

tbh I don't know one single muslim brother who has married a woman from ahlul kitab and it hasn't gone pete tong.

Apart from anything else, the wording in the Quran is chaste women of the book... that means not touched sexually outside of marriage, where are they finding these brides, a school run by nunns?
                  FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by bffk View Post
                    Salaams

I know some brothers who are married to ahle-kitaab women, mainly from eastern europe. Majority of these women are practicing Christians and have been loyal
                    to their husbands.

What are the rules regarding these women being allowed to:

- drink alcohol
                    - eat pork
                    - leave the house without hijaab

I understand this is a bit controversial issue, and i know these marriages are disliked and frowned upon by the scholars for obvious reasons but im not looking for
                    opinons just wanting to understand if they are allowed to do the above 3 things or not, because in "their shariah" they are allowed but obviously it contradicts Islamic
                    teachings.
                    :wswrwb:

theres nothing controversial about it,

Ulema have advised the Muslimeen to avoid marrying Ahlul Kitaab Women,

it is nothing short of Playing with fire,

a Muslim man marrying an Alul Kitaab Woman, who does not accept Islam, knowing that She will goto Jahannam,

Nauzubillah min zaliq,

Note also the conditions required to Marry a Woman of the Ahlul Kitaab, a) they have to be Virtuous , b) they cannot be amongst the Mushrikun (they cannot be worshiping Jesus/Holy Ghost)

Nigh on impossible to find nowadays anyway,

:jkk:
                    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 17-09-14, 08:30 PM.
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                    X