Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marriage and uni

:salams

Depends on the support/understanding from the husband.

But, yeah, I know peeps whudunnit.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I was married while a student at uni and also had 1 child.

It was tough going, although my wife took the bulk of the caring I was still involved and when you have the option of studying or playing with the baby, baby came out top every time. I remember even coming out of exams early so that I could get home. Obviously I was confident I did well in the exams before leaving :-)

Plus as a student you don't get much sleep at the best of times, with a child it was much much worse. Mind you I would not have changed a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
        Alright marriage kids and uni?

when i was at uni there was a couple (muslim) both studying maths, with ..............3 kids!!!!!!
        masha allah

i dont see why it shoudlnt work
        Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
        __________________________________________________ _____________________________
        If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
          Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
          Depends on who it is.
          What do you mean?
          Depends on the person. Where people would practice 10 mins I would practice 50 mins drill stuff into my head.
          Some people cant take the pressure.
          My mum had me while she was in uni. She had the luxury of lots of young siblings. Not everyone has and army ready for them.
          نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

This really depends on you personally me it wouldn't work for me for others it might. I just want to focus on my study right now once I have enough money then I will think about then again I can't even take care of myself. I can see that kids can become an issue since who is going to look after them while your at uni.

Comment

Its easier if the girl is at uni and the guy already works. I've seen people do this
              But if they are both at uni then it might be difficult but not impossible as long as they have support from family.
              "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
              (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
              He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                Been there, done that
                so, you got the t-shirt?

YOU MAKE ME SICK.

what are you gujarati? You could have told me? What did you think? that I was going to bring my whole family and not abide by the terms and conditions of 'one person only' stated on the invitation card. You could have received some gift cards you know....your loss mate.

chi.

Anyway, I think it depends. I would like this opportunity if I get married. But being single and studying is really stressful and having a husband nagging you as well will also be hectic. Like getting up at 6am and making him Weetabix. That's rough. But if he offered me to attend those classes like the Al Maghrib institute then It would be so cool.

One of my sibling is doing a masters degree and you just have to have time and be well organised. It can be tough, you just have to put extra effort in it.

:jkk:
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
                  Its easier if the girl is at uni and the guy already works. I've seen people do this
                  But if they are both at uni then it might be difficult but not impossible as long as they have support from family.
                  That's what i meant the guy is working and the girl is at uni
                  And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                    when i was at uni there was a couple (muslim) both studying maths, with ..............3 kids!!!!!!
                    masha allah

i dont see why it shoudlnt work
                    Wow Masha'Allah

Comment

I have a friend at university who had a baby two weeks before final exams. And passed.
                      ما يفعلُ اللهُ بعذابكُمْ إن شكرتُمْ وآمنتُمْ وكان الله شاكرًا عليمًا

Comment

Originally posted by AliaB View Post
                        I have a friend at university who had a baby two weeks before final exams. And passed.
                        : O Masha'Allah there's hope

Comment

Having a baby while studying sounds like impossible work.

But I don't see what's the big deal with 'marriage and university'.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
                            Having a baby while studying sounds like impossible work.

But I don't see what's the big deal with 'marriage and university'.
                            It does. She had support from her mother and older sister who also live nearby and could babysit. It's a lot of sweat, I'd never do it, but people have got through it and survived.
                            It makes just 'marriage and uni' look easy.
                            ما يفعلُ اللهُ بعذابكُمْ إن شكرتُمْ وآمنتُمْ وكان الله شاكرًا عليمًا

Comment

It does. She had support from her mother and older sister who also live nearby and could babysit. It's a lot of sweat, I'd never do it, but people have got through it and survived.
                              It makes just 'marriage and uni' look easy.
                              If you're smart then you could manage, i'm dumb so don't think i could juggle a child and go uni as well

Comment

Working...
                              X