Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who truly believes this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I the only one who truly believes this...

this is all common sense
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Members who are being rude. Speak good or be silent. That's hadith. Your sister in Islam is simply posting her thoughts, you don't have to read them or comment here, so if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything or be sarcastic. You may think your words mean nothing, but the sister may be hurt by them and you won't know until the Day of Judgment when she comes to take your good deeds from you. UmmAbdulMalik seems chill, so I don't think this will happen, but it is a reminder that you should speak good or be silent.

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
      I believe that marriage is something which can never really be planned. I strongly believe it just happens in it's one timing.
      Even if you pre-plan it and say on such and such a date I will begin looking and get married by this age, WAllahi life is never ideal and you just never know....

Which is why I would advise people who are looking to just wait it out. Marriage will happen in it's own time, as with everything else in life, nothing ever happens in our own timing, it happens in the time and order in which Allah has ordered it to happen, and we should remember that Allah is the Best of Planners.

WAllahi, just think through events which have happened in ur life, if you study each event closely and observe how everything happened, you'll find that there was always an element of Khair in it whether you see it now or later.

Likewise, I've always felt marriage is something which can never be exactly planned. It will happen and when it does happen, know that there was no better time for it to have happened - nor earlier not later.
      So what do I say?

Don't stress. Don't sweat it.

If anything we should enjoy being single for a while and make the most of it. It may never come back again.
      I agree with you. Allah is the Best of Planners and knows when it's best for you to get married. At 18, you may feel like you're ready to get married and take on the world, but Allah knows that you're still not mature enough or that if you get married it will decrees your eeman or whatever. So it's delayed until a better time for you comes. I do think it's okay to feel sad about it not coming though, as that is human nature and not something you can control, but you can control your words. Even if you feel like there's no hope, just say, "Allah knows best and I place my trust in Him."

What I don't agree with is not planning or letting things just happen. If you wish to get married, then take the appropriate steps in order for this to happen. Tie your camel, before doing things as the hadith says. But even if you plan, remember that it's up to Allah whether it goes through or not and that whatever happens happens.
      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
      It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
      Surah al-Baqarah
      [2:245]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

wow, you lot are so uptight. You can't even take a joke.

I suggest YOU chill madam.

Comment

why stop at marriage??

life is never as you plan
          Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
          __________________________________________________ _____________________________
          If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

^ Very true. I think she mentioned marriage, because most people think of marriage and get depressed by it when things don't work out, but it definitely pertains to everything in life. School, work, kids, etc... Everything comes in its due time, but as humans we tend to forget this and still get overly stressed or worried when we want something to happen and it doesn't.

It's normal, but you still have to take a deep breath and say 'Qadr Allahu wa Masha Fa'al' (Allah has decreed it and what He willed has happened). We forget though, so this is a good reminder to just accept things. If you can change it, then try to change it, but if you can't, then accept it.

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
            wow, you lot are so uptight. You can't even take a joke.

I suggest YOU chill madam.
            Um...I'm in Canada and some parts of the country already got snow. I'm already chill....:scratch:

Also, that may have been a joke to you guys, but the OP may have found it hurtful.
            Last edited by Pippin1376; 13-09-14, 12:06 PM.
            مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
            It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
            Surah al-Baqarah
            [2:245]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
            Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

how do u write a marriage cv?

i want to propose to some1 ....

Comment

:jkk: sis for sharing and don't forget if you really want something keep making duas.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post

Just send them a box of gajar halwa. I'm sure that'll get their heart.

Comment

Great thread, so many childish responses though.
                    He who loses money, loses much.

He who loses a friend, loses more.

He who loses faith, loses ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
                      Just send them a box of gajar halwa. I'm sure that'll get their heart.
                      im sure women like toblerone more ...

Comment

It's true. For things like this you can try to plan it but it can happen spontaneously.

Marriage I don't even think is all fun as I imagine, as with most things.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post

LOL...you want to marry someone on the forum?? hahaha totally didn't expect that from you out of all people but you must be joking as usual...but I would totally wanna come to ur wedding just to see if you actually look as wise as your avatar! :p

Oh marriage cv...I have no idea what on earth that is!!
                          Please donate when you can, it doesn't matter if its big or small, what counts is your sincere intention & every little helps: http://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/index.aspx

***Join The Quran Club!***

Comment

Working...
                          X