X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: About parents who won't let their children marry before degree

Originally posted by Revertbrother View Post
    ^^ born muslims
    Akh this can happen to anyone, you know how many nonmuslim women go through that? Even some guys do but are too humiliated to tell anyone their wives do it.

My mom went through a similar thing after similar promises about finishing college, but all he did was force her to work for him and wouldn't let her go to school. He wouldn't even let her buy a brace for their disabled daughter with her own money. Any time she brought it up he would attack her and the kids too.

Comment

• Re: About parents who won't let their children marry before degree

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
      :salams

Can't they just put it in their daughter's or son's marriage contract that their spouse has to let them finish uni after marriage?
      That way they can be married and control their desire for companionship.

Doesn't this make more sense than trying to deny their basic human needs for 6 or 7 years?
      And everyone would be happy that way and it would cut down on parent-child family problems!

------------

Okay, about men's money then -

---- 1. Americans who are able usually help pay for their children's living expenses when they first get married/go to college because they know most teens can't afford it. It's expected in our culture that kids move out at 18 and that parents help out their kids until they are established.

---- 2. Even those who don't, usually new couples will work together to pay for college and the apartment together.

What is "wrong" with either of these two options if it saves us from one of the biggest sins a Muslim can ever commit? If these sacrifices stop us from zinaa, can't parents put away their pride?!
      I think people forget that a nikaah isn't actually a marriage, it's more like a contract that two people agree with to have halal sex. I also heard that word nikaah mean penetration.
      This is from my understanding and I hope I am corrected if what I say I'd wrong
      I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

Comment

Working...
      X