Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For brothers that are married - what did the wali of the sister ask you

As salamu alaykum

I will be having a conversation with the wali of a sister I am interested in soon.

Just wondering, what did your father in law ask you when you first met like the type of questions
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Re: For brothers that are married - what did the wali of the sister ask you

:wswrwb:

Finally!

May Allah make it easy.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I only ever met a girl once, and tbh, it wasn't really Islamically done. Her mum, and my mum accompanied us, whilst I drove her to her place of work then left us to talk in the car. Looking back on it; it was surreal as hell and stupid. I actually choked up too, so didn't really gwt to ask anything. Then when she went off to work, we drove back to their house, and her mum asked "So are you happy?" meaning with their daughter and basically happy to go ahead. I didn't really know how to respond cept nod.

So glad it broke off shortly after.

However, I think generally, Walis barely ask anything, so don't stress at all. It's actually harder talking to the potential, so focus on that side. For the Wali though, be prepared in the back of your mind for the minute possibility of getting hard balled by her Wali.
      I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

how much money you make? lol idk i'm just guessing here

all the best bro. be yourself. and i'm sure they're very straightforward questions, similar to what you will be asking her inshallah...

it ain't no science test that you have to prepare for...

Comment

I was there when my dad spoke to my brother in law when he asked (to be fair only to serve tea and food) and my dad didn't ask any questions.
          He only made a nice speech about how he would like for my brother in law to treat my sister with honour and respect and that if they do like to go ahead
          to get married, to remember the sunnah of the prophet (saw) and the way he treated his wives.

I then interrogated my dad afterwards and he said he didn't ask anything as he trusts my sisters decision making. My dad still has no clue how much my bro in law makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Khadijah_24 View Post
            I was there when my dad spoke to my brother in law when he asked (to be fair only to serve tea and food) and my dad didn't ask any questions.
            He only made a nice speech about how he would like for my brother in law to treat my sister with honour and respect and that if they do like to go ahead
            to get married, to remember the sunnah of the prophet (saw) and the way he treated his wives.

I then interrogated my dad afterwards and he said he didn't ask anything as he trusts my sisters decision making. My dad still has no clue how much my bro in law makes.
            your father sounds like a very good man

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              :wswrwb:

Finally!

May Allah make it easy.
              Thanks. Brother mirror

I should invite you to my wedding and be like

Mirror mirror on the wall, is this not the best wedding of them all

Comment

And, I'd be all like,

"Why of course firestar, of course it is..."
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                  And, I'd be all like,

"Why of course firestar, of course it is..."
                  Yeah, makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Khadijah_24 View Post

It should be a problem as long as he cant support her and himself. I dont plan on revealing anything about my wealth either, even though am not poor, I will act poor.

Comment

Working...
                    X