This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if wife is ask husband for money

he have to give? not so much, i mean if they are shoping and she said can you give me so money to buy something he has to giving to her? i
    sometimes i am hear brothers saying she need to make her own money becuase i don't wanting her to live/take mine. surely this brother is misenformed of islam as islam say fincancial duty is that of the husband??

Re: if wife is ask husband for money

well if she's not working and she asks me for money i would give it to her....BUT....if she ask's me everyday and spends it on things that are not important (shopping) i would say no...

i would buy her stuff and let her buy stuff for herself but in moderation. she should also be sincere in her spending because she knows the guy has to work hard and the money should be used wisely.

so yes i would give it to you but if you ask me EVERYDAY for money to buy clothes/jewelry etc i would say no.

Comment

It depends on the couple.

One of my friend makes a living and her husband still provides her with pocket money, which I find very cute. Part of the reason is to show her that she doesn't have to work as he will always provide for her mashAllah.
      So her salary becomes a nest egg and they use it to go on holidays together. May Allah (swt) grant them jannatul firdous together.

Edit: I went off on a tangent and didn't answer the question. Sorry OP. Yes the husband has to financially provide for his wife and kids.

Comment

Your money, is her money. And her money is her money..
        "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

:salams

You are supposed to spend and provide for her provided she doesn't use the money unislamically or extravagantly. It is her right that you spend on her and provide for her

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim First View Post
            Your money, is her money. And her money is her money..
            What the brother said.

However, in moderation. You dont go spending your husbands money on useless things that could have been spent for a better cause.

Comment

It would depend on the earnings of the husband and the spending habits of the wife. ( I'm assuming you're talking about giving money beyond the essentials)

" Your money he money" mantra is only true up to the extent of essentials. Of course it's nice to give pocket money now and again, which as I said would depend on the above two circumstances

I mean if the husband is barely making ends meet then I think it would be unfair for the wife to expect pocket money and if she is spend free, extravagant etc. then the husband may be forced to limit the money he gives her
              Last edited by seagulls1999; 04-09-14, 07:17 PM.

Comment

it all depends on the couple. my wife doesn't spend excessively so i give her more than enough for shopping. but if the wife spent excessively, then the husband might need to limit the amount of money
                There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
                  it all depends on the couple. my wife doesn't spend excessively so i give her more than enough for shopping. but if the wife spent excessively, then the husband might need to limit the amount of money
                  What is excessive to you

Comment

I personally would only like to marry a professional (working woman) so she won't ask me for every little penny.

I don't think most people are financially wise. And I think women err on the side of spending lavishly without thinking about consequences. I personally believe you should be financially smart and quite shrewd.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymousfemale View Post
                      What is excessive to you
                      not entirely sure lol. maybe keeping up with latest trend on day to day basis. alhamdulillah my wife don't like shopping
                      There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

I ask. He give. finish
                        *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

I give money to my wife but she just returns it all...then the alarm goes off and I wake up.

Actually she just takes I don't mind, it's the only time the cobwebs get cleaned from my wallet :D

Comment

firstly the basics should be discussed before marriage,

to answer your questions YES ISLAM SAYS A HUSBAND SHOULD SHARE HIS MONEY, AND A WIFES MONEY IS HER OWN.

so once that is established (that he knows Allah swt command)

then each to their own, you lot decide how ur family runs things

one man may think feeding, clothing, shelter is enough

while another may let his wife spend spend spend etc
                            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                            ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
                            “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

defining excessive or limit is very difficult.

When my brother got married & his wife had several cousin get married after her. She asked for money to buy new outifts for each of those weddings. My brother couldn't understand why shouldn't wear the same saree in all the weddings like he does with his shirt. We (mom and I) had to tell him women don't recycle party wears in short span of time. That this is normal. So what is normal to one person might not be normal to others. My husband might think shopping at dollar store is normal where as I might think that's disgusting vice/verse.

What if the money is not for clothes or shopping but for food. What if she likes fancy ice cream everyday after meal or wants a 100% organic food that cost a lot. Those little cost can add up. What is husband required to pay for & where does he draw the line?

Comment

Working...
                              X