Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you share your social media accounts with your spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you share your social media accounts with your spouse?

Any kind of account in your name is your responsibility. Therefore only you should have access to it. Trust is one thing but allowing spouses to drove into social media to see what you're about to seems a bit immature and lacking trust tbh. How far does this open-ness go? Does it include looking at partner's bank accounts?

Comment

Originally posted by AliaB View Post
      Salaam all,

Me & my weird questions again.

A close friend of mine has been married for just over a year. Before her marriage, we spoke all the time about anything and everything and were very good friends.
      As soon as she got married, she stopped replying to my messages, instead giving short answers like 'fine', and then even blocking me and deleting some of her accounts so I can't message her again.

Recently, she let me know (through someone else) that she has to share all of her online passwords with her husband and for that reason wasn't comfortable with talking too much except to say salaam. I can still speak to her in person but it's a bit of a distance to go. For some reason, this made me feel uncomfortable. Is it normal for husbands to want to read all of their wife's texts and emails? I know the phrase, 'if you haven't done anything wrong, you should have nothing to hide', but even if you've done nothing wrong, doesn't it feel creepy that a third party is reading your casual talk?
      Originally posted by Plumeria View Post
      Alhamdulilah my husband doesn't go thru any of my online stuff and vice versa but I do know a husband who does do that. He regularly goes through his wife's Facebook account but she has no access to his. I don't know the reasoning to that. But she told me over the phone that her husband does that and how uncomfortable it is, even though she is hiding nothing.
      Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
      Marriage is supposed to be built upon trust, understanding, compromising and deen.

I dunno how I would feel- maybe monitored cause even my own mother doesn't ask for stuff like that, cause there's an element of trust... I don't really use anything regularly except UF and I'm not allowed to give my password to that

Wa Aalaikum Assalam

Like you guys said, there is supposed to be trust in marriage!

Why is he going through the wife's stuff? I understand he needs to lead and needs to know what is going on, but he can do that by asking! A husband who can't trust his wife is a like a general who can't trust his troops: he is going to lose in the end.

Originally posted by xFedal View Post
      if you havent got anything to hide/lose you shouldn't be worried.
      Originally posted by xFedal View Post
      Men are more reliable than women?
      That doesn't mean he should go through her stuff, or vice versa!

If you can't trust her why marry her?
      If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
      There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Hmmm, I have my parents social media accounts. And their email accounts. I never snoop, but I created it for them and they never bothered changing the password.
        Same with my sisters and vice versa. So if my future husband wanted my account details, I'd happily give it and not think twice about it.

I would expect some privacy though. I'd never let my future husband go through my phone or photos, in the event that I have photos of women that are non mahrem to him on there.
        Or in case a sister or friend texted me something sensitive that she wouldn't want anyone to know. I understand there being no secrets between spouses, but if someone said something to me in confidence
        he should be able to respect that I can't break a promise.

Comment

my friend does the same thing, but her husband is very controling man. i think ur friend husband is the same. no this is no good and i will never giving my pasword to my husband

Comment

Do you share your social media accounts with your spouse?

What a disturbing thought.
            اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

Originally posted by seagulls1999 View Post
              Why would you do that. You've got married. Not merged into one person.
              Ameen to that! I never understood why some say that everything needs to be open when you're married. That's just crazy.
              مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
              It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
              Surah al-Baqarah
              [2:245]

.:.
              .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
              Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
              ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

psh i wont have this problem.

the girl i marry may not even know what social media is. she'd be from a village from the outskirts of Kashmir. :P
                Last edited by ss91; 04-09-14, 07:11 PM.
                "The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and,.. attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency."
                -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

Originally posted by Revert08 View Post
                  my husband wouldnt do that to me becuase before i was muslim i was in a relastionship where i was emotionally abused ,and he did all that checking all messages ,emails,hacked my familys computer,made my voicemails so they divert to hes phone and i was always walking on egg shells ,not because i had anything to hide because i didnt ,but hes so parinoid anything could trigger the accusations and it would last ages making me very drained

however me and hubby share a email and dont use much social media i use this ,and email and thats it ,i dont like fb,and my husband is not intrested at all i told him to sign up on here but he not botherd lol he just likes he football games we both know eachother passwords but we never spy and even if we did there nothing to find alhamdulillah

i would hate to be married or have children with somebody like my ex though its like a prison and i got bad anxiety and sickness all the time from it
                  I'm very sorry to hear thiss! May Allah bless your marriage.
                  ما يفعلُ اللهُ بعذابكُمْ إن شكرتُمْ وآمنتُمْ وكان الله شاكرًا عليمًا

Comment

walaykum assalam.
                    tbh that's kind of weird, but i don't think i'd mind that much. all i have is a facebook and if he goes through that the only good info he'll get is that i had some weird friends in grade 7.

Comment

Originally posted by womentality View Post
                      walaykum assalam.
                      tbh that's kind of weird, but i don't think i'd mind that much. all i have is a facebook and if he goes through that the only good info he'll get is that i had some weird friends in grade 7.
                      Hahaha OK!

Tbh this thread has reassured me a little bit that most people don't mind.
                      ما يفعلُ اللهُ بعذابكُمْ إن شكرتُمْ وآمنتُمْ وكان الله شاكرًا عليمًا

Comment

Originally posted by AliaB View Post
                        I'm very sorry to hear thiss! May Allah bless your marriage.
                        ameen

Allah has a wisdom behind everything due to this problem and not haviing good support after or anyone to talk to ,it what made me pray to Allah asking for guidence :) alhamdulillah

Comment

Seems wierd,
                          17-07

Comment

Working...
                          X