Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you share your social media accounts with your spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you share your social media accounts with your spouse?

Salaam all,

Me & my weird questions again.

A close friend of mine has been married for just over a year. Before her marriage, we spoke all the time about anything and everything and were very good friends.
    As soon as she got married, she stopped replying to my messages, instead giving short answers like 'fine', and then even blocking me and deleting some of her accounts so I can't message her again.

Recently, she let me know (through someone else) that she has to share all of her online passwords with her husband and for that reason wasn't comfortable with talking too much except to say salaam. I can still speak to her in person but it's a bit of a distance to go. For some reason, this made me feel uncomfortable. Is it normal for husbands to want to read all of their wife's texts and emails? I know the phrase, 'if you haven't done anything wrong, you should have nothing to hide', but even if you've done nothing wrong, doesn't it feel creepy that a third party is reading your casual talk?
    ما يفعلُ اللهُ بعذابكُمْ إن شكرتُمْ وآمنتُمْ وكان الله شاكرًا عليمًا

Re: Do you share your social media accounts with your spouse?

Alhamdulilah my husband doesn't go thru any of my online stuff and vice versa but I do know a husband who does do that. He regularly goes through his wife's Facebook account but she has no access to his. I don't know the reasoning to that. But she told me over the phone that her husband does that and how uncomfortable it is, even though she is hiding nothing.
    Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Marriage is supposed to be built upon trust, understanding, compromising and deen.

I dunno how I would feel- maybe monitored cause even my own mother doesn't ask for stuff like that, cause there's an element of trust... I don't really use anything regularly except UF and I'm not allowed to give my password to that
      ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
      U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Trust. Why don't husbands trust their wives? Just cause they're doing something wrong doesn't mean the wife is too. How insecure!

Comment

Originally posted by AliaB View Post
          Salaam all,

Me & my weird questions again.

A close friend of mine has been married for just over a year. Before her marriage, we spoke all the time about anything and everything and were very good friends.
          As soon as she got married, she stopped replying to my messages, instead giving short answers like 'fine', and then even blocking me and deleting some of her accounts so I can't message her again.

Recently, she let me know (through someone else) that she has to share all of her online passwords with her husband and for that reason wasn't comfortable with talking too much except to say salaam. I can still speak to her in person but it's a bit of a distance to go. For some reason, this made me feel uncomfortable. Is it normal for husbands to want to read all of their wife's texts and emails? I know the phrase, 'if you haven't done anything wrong, you should have nothing to hide', but even if you've done nothing wrong, doesn't it feel creepy that a third party is reading your casual talk?
          if you havent got anything to hide/lose you shouldn't be worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Imaam View Post
            Trust. Why don't husbands trust their wives? Just cause they're doing something wrong doesn't mean the wife is too. How insecure!
            Men are more reliable than women?

Comment

my husband wouldnt do that to me becuase before i was muslim i was in a relastionship where i was emotionally abused ,and he did all that checking all messages ,emails,hacked my familys computer,made my voicemails so they divert to hes phone and i was always walking on egg shells ,not because i had anything to hide because i didnt ,but hes so parinoid anything could trigger the accusations and it would last ages making me very drained

however me and hubby share a email and dont use much social media i use this ,and email and thats it ,i dont like fb,and my husband is not intrested at all i told him to sign up on here but he not botherd lol he just likes he football games we both know eachother passwords but we never spy and even if we did there nothing to find alhamdulillah

i would hate to be married or have children with somebody like my ex though its like a prison and i got bad anxiety and sickness all the time from it
              Last edited by Revert08; 04-09-14, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xFedal View Post
                if you havent got anything to hide/lose you shouldn't be worried.
                You certainly would lose privacy. Spouses should try and give each it her maximum privacy in these things... Why would a husband read convos his wives have with other ladies?

Comment

Originally posted by Imaam View Post
                  You certainly would lose privacy. Spouses should try and give each it her maximum privacy in these things... Why would a husband read convos his wives have with other ladies?
                  to find out how she behaves with her friends and stuff you can get an idea if she is hiding something from you.

Comment

Men are more reliable than women?
                    Lol.. Wives should start stalking all their husbands social accounts then.

Comment

to find out how she behaves with her friends and stuff you can get an idea if she is hiding something from you.
                      That's hilarious

You've have no idea what privacy is. Lol. And why should husbands always be suspicious? (unless they are doing evil things and suspect their wives are doing the same too)

Anyway Quran argues for privacy :

O ye who believe! avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin : and spy not on each other, nor speak ill of each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it...but fear Allah: for Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful [/I]." (surah hujarat)

Comment

No neither of us do... and we don't have any social media accounts.
                        ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

I wouldn't keep any social media account except Twitter as it can be very useful at times. If my wife wants the password, I'd give it to her. Not that I can hide anything on there anyway. But too many account on social media is poison. It can destroy relationships, especially Facebook and Instagram if she catches you "liking" some girls pics or status. Then, it's World War 3.

Comment

Why would you do that. You've got married. Not merged into one person.

Comment

Originally posted by LFC24 View Post
                              I wouldn't keep any social media account except Twitter as it can be very useful at times. If my wife wants the password, I'd give it to her. Not that I can hide anything on there anyway. But too many account on social media is poison. It can destroy relationships, especially Facebook and Instagram if she catches you "liking" some girls pics or status. Then, it's World War 3.
                              What is the poing of instagram anyway?

I would give her the password as long as she wouldnt post a status
                              نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

Working...
                              X