X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: divorce in islam vs west

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
    Nikah only.
    Some have to register their marriage if they are bringing a wife or husband from abroad.
    Your a smart lady and yh you will have to register if bringing your spouse from abroad, which in my opinion sucks.

Comment

some do and some don't

Comment

register... why wouldn't anyone register?

You are not recognized as husband/wife in eyes of law. Whats wrong with being recognized by allah and by law of land.
        Medical benefit only applies to wife. How will sister see doctors and gain medical coverage if she isn't married to her husband and does not work on her own to get medical insurance
        You cant have joint bank account or joint property

In case of divorce many men will not pay child support even thought islamically they are suppose to. At that point what will you do? go complain to the imam at masjid who wont be able to do much. Atleast if you are registered police can arrest him and make him pay from his paycheck.

Even the best men among us can turn evil. So better to cover all your ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
          register... why wouldn't anyone register?

You are not recognized as husband/wife in eyes of law. Whats wrong with being recognized by allah and by law of land.
          Medical benefit only applies to wife. How will sister see doctors and gain medical coverage if she isn't married to her husband and does not work on her own to get medical insurance
          You cant have joint bank account or joint property

In case of divorce many men will not pay child support even thought islamically they are suppose to. At that point what will you do? go complain to the imam at masjid who wont be able to do much. Atleast if you are registered police can arrest him and make him pay from his paycheck.

Even the best men among us can turn evil. So better to cover all your ground.
          i understand what you mean by i hear stories where men get screwed in case of divorce since courts favor women...why can't we follow our own islamic law? we do in every other instance of our life

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
            I advice women in the west to do both. :)
            ok but if there is a divorce, whose decision do you follow? the courts decision or what islam says to do...they are similar but there are some differences... like in islam, if the women initiates the divorce, she either loses half or all of the mahr.

Comment

Originally posted by xFedal View Post
              I highly advise men for the nikkah only.
              Originally posted by xFedal View Post
              Men do it the islamic way only..... No need for it to be registered.

little teenage boy

SHUT UP

someone just told you quite frankly what COULD HAVE HAPENNED if her sisters marriage was not registered.

it woudl have been a beurecratic nightmare

imagine if you died in a foreign country and imagine if your 'wife' had to prove that she was your wife in order to deal with the paperwork of getting you buried etc etc. i'm guessing here buti have no doubt that there wll be many hindrances taht you adn i are not aware of
              Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
              __________________________________________________ _____________________________
              If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

divorce in islam vs west

If you register your marriage then if you get divorced she will drink your blood .
                نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

It says a lot about the state of the Ummah if young unmarried men already fear divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by Khadijah_24 View Post
                    It says a lot about the state of the Ummah if young unmarried men already fear divorce.
                    Its a minority I guess. Like me and my friends the issue of divorce has never come up in our conversations lol

Comment

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
                      i understand what you mean by i hear stories where men get screwed in case of divorce since courts favor women...why can't we follow our own islamic law? we do in every other instance of our life
                      So by registering men get screwed in case of divorce because the women might want more than her Islamic share
                      by not registering women get screwed in case of divorce because the men might not give her, her Islamic right

The debate of register vs. non is really about who is better off being screwed: husband vs. wife.

btw its not the man that gets screwed in divorce.. .its the couple with the most money that gets screwed. Even if its the wife who earns the most money, she will have to give her husband half.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
                        So by registering men get screwed in case of divorce because the women might want more than her Islamic share
                        by not registering women get screwed in case of divorce because the men might not give her, her Islamic right

The debate of register vs. non is really about who is better off being screwed: husband vs. wife.

btw its not the man that gets screwed in divorce.. .its the couple with the most money that gets screwed. Even if its the wife who earns the most money, she will have to give her husband half.
                        i don't wanna start a battle of the sexes...all i'm saying is islamic law is more just to BOTH sides that's why i would rather use that...and yes if a guy doesn't do what's he's suppose to islamically and doesn't pay the mahr thats between him and god...i'm sure in muslim countries there are courts who charge men who do that...

Comment

ya i shouldn't be thinking negatively but when you look at the divorce rate now compared to how it was when our parents where married, we have to think about it...nothing wrong with thinking about the future and in case it doesn't work out right? that's why we buy insurance, etc.

Comment

innit like they have such bad personalities they already think they are gonna get divorced
                            subhanallah!!!
                            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

I'm not entirely sure of this western divorce law. Is it absolutely required for the less well off one to take half of the others money? Or is it optional?

Because many on this forum are saying if we divorce she will take half of my money, but that will only happen if her religion doesnt turn out to be as good as you thought. If you divorced for any other general incompatibility then she won't take your money because she fears Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
                                i don't wanna start a battle of the sexes...all i'm saying is islamic law is more just to BOTH sides that's why i would rather use that...and yes if a guy doesn't do what's he's suppose to islamically and doesn't pay the mahr thats between him and god...i'm sure in muslim countries there are courts who charge men who do that...

The title of this tread is not talking about muslim countries, where the imam will register you automatically after nikkah. We are talking about west where they are courts who will charge men if they don't do what they are suppose to do but only if you are registered. If you are not registered you don't have any right according to court and yes if a man is not Islamic & does not fulfill his right, that is between him & allah but on earth the wife is homeless. Why can't the same judgment be used if a women takes more than her share in divorce in west, that's between her & allah. The men shouldn't care about it because she will pay for her wrong doing later in life.

Comment

Working...
                                X