divorce in islam vs west

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• divorce in islam vs west

do people who get married in the west only do the nikah ceremony or do they also register their marriage to the government? islamically speaking if we do nikah we are considered husband and wife. but do we have to register our marriage or not? and if there is divorce, do they follow the islamic decision or the decision given by the courts? what are the similarities/differences between divorce in islam vs the western law? are prenuptial agreements allowed in islam?

Re: divorce in islam vs west

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
    do people who get married in the west only do the nikah ceremony or do they also register their marriage to the government? islamically speaking if we do nikah we are considered husband and wife. but do we have to register our marriage or not? and if there is divorce, do they follow the islamic decision or the decision given by the courts? what are the similarities/differences between divorce in islam vs the western law? are prenuptial agreements allowed in islam?
    People in the west most of the time register the marriage, so once the marriage is registerd usually the spouse that is wealthy is the loser in marriage and the poor spouse entering marriage leaves as the winner! And NOO! we don't have to reigster the marriage especially if you think its unfair and that is the case, Allahs laws are the best. Kuffar laws suck! No! they don't follow islamic ruling and descision they follow courts. Divorce in islam is different a man can divorce a wife verbally, whereas in kuffar law you can't, In kuffar law you can take your partner to the "cleaners" in islamic marriage you can't, there's no alimoney in islam just iddah period, but in kuffar land you still owe alimoney even if you get married again. I highly advocate against kuffar marriage don't do it.

Comment

Dont register the marriage.

Comment

Nikah only.
        Some have to register their marriage if they are bringing a wife or husband from abroad.
        ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

if you choose not to register your spouses, please ensure taht you have a will prepared because your spouses financial rights to your property caould be compromised in teh event of your death.

imagine the goverment ending up with your property/assets instead ofy your wife and kids
          Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
          __________________________________________________ _____________________________
          If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
            if you choose not to register your spouses, please ensure taht you have a will prepared because your spouses financial rights to your property caould be compromised in teh event of your death.

imagine the goverment ending up with your property/assets instead ofy your wife and kids
            Yes the best advise is Nikah only and making a will for your family,

Comment

Register a marriage is better than only nikah here in the west.
              Only nikah will not give you any rights in the west. Imagine your wife/husband passes away..

I have seen it first hand with my own sister who lost her husband 2 months ago.. alhamdullilah they had a registered marriage so she can stay in the house with her kids and she will get a widow allowance to pay the bills etc.

Same with divorce, you can't prove that you were married legally so you won't have any rights here when you get a divorce.
              My heart will go on

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
                Register a marriage is better than only nikah here in the west.
                Only nikah will not give you any rights in the west. Imagine your wife/husband passes away..

I have seen it first hand with my own sister who lost her husband 2 months ago.. alhamdullilah they had a registered marriage so she can stay in the house with her kids and she will get a widow allowance to pay the bills etc.

Same with divorce, you can't prove that you were married legally so you won't have any rights here when you get a divorce.
                What rights do you want? Aren't the islamic rights not enough? And yes do nikkah only and make a will is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by xFedal View Post
                  What rights do you want? Aren't the islamic rights not enough? And yes do nikkah only and make a will is the best.
                  for starters the right to have a roof above my head. God forbid the man kicks you out of his house.. how can i prove i was married to this man? Nikah is not valid here so i got to have a legal marriage to prove i was married.

Ladies make it legal!!!! ;)
                  My heart will go on

Comment

for starters the right to have a roof above my head. God forbid the man kicks you out of his house.. how can i prove i was married to this man? Nikah is not valid here so i got to have a legal marriage to prove i was married.

Ladies make it legal!!!! ;)
                    Once your nikkah is done your husband and wife, so if he kicks you out for no reason thats a sin obviously for which he will be punished for. you could also divorce him through shariah court thats only if there is no longer a solution to your problem. Nikkah doesn't have to valid according to the kuffar law, once you 2 have done the nikkah your husband and wife in islam thats what matters.

Comment

I highly advise men for the nikkah only.

Comment

Men do it the islamic way only..... No need for it to be registered.

Comment

I advice women in the west to do both. :)
                          My heart will go on

Comment

I advice women in the west to do both. :)
                            As do I. Especially in the event of a spouses death, you would rather see your property/ money go to the government instead of to your children? They get you coming and get you going. There are some legalities that you need to think through instead of thinking that you are going to be taken to the cleaners.
                            Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumeria View Post
                              As do I. Especially in the event of a spouses death, you would rather see your property/ money go to the government instead of to your children? They get you coming and get you going. There are some legalities that you need to think through instead of thinking that you are going to be taken to the cleaners.
                              making a WILL will prevent money going to the Gov,

Comment

Working...
                              X