Bengalis, what is "nayori"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengalis, what is "nayori"?

Someone in my family is gettin married, and someone talk about nayori. From what i gathered, its something to do with the new wife goin back to her mums house after bein married for a month, and she stays at her mums house for like a weak, and then comes back.

Is that what it is?
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Yeah that is what it is, it's not always a month after though, it can be less. Like my aunt went back after a week of marrying lol
    إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Re: Bengalis, what is "nayori"?

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
      Yeah that is what it is, it's not always a month after though, it can be less. Like my aunt went back after a week of marrying lol
      ohh koool.

Comment

We (Pakistani) have something similar, after the walima the girl stays with her parents for a week
        No Longer On UF

Comment

when someone comes nayor what else.

Comment

Lol
            Raising money for Bangladesh in 2019 - www.justgiving.com/minhajul

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
              when someone comes nayor what else.
              what does nayor mean?

Comment

Think it means holiday lol

Comment

Think it means holiday lol
                  it cant mean that

Comment

How do you say holiday in bengali? Idk il let the proper bengalis answer

Comment

How do you say holiday in bengali? Idk il let the proper bengalis answer
                      You should know. You are bengali

What do you call fish in bengali. Is it hukti or shukti? Not sure which one it is
                      Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                      ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Fish in bengali isn't hutki! Fish in bengali is mas

Hutki is dried fish that smells
                        Shutki is hutki in curry

Comment

Fish in bengali isn't hutki! Fish in bengali is mas

Hutki is dried fish that smells
                          Shutki is hutki in curry
                          I wanted to write the bangladesh national anthem and involve hutki in it

Maybe they will let me one day
                          Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                          ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Nayori is not just when you are a newly wed

When ever a wife goes back to her parents it is called nayor

I think I have been on nayor as well since I am at my parents house. Am sure the lack of a jailor, sorry meant husbsnd is irrelevant

I have spent most of the last 6 weeks doing nayori at my parents
                            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Yea its not just for newly wed. ITs any time a wife goes back to her parents house. Now her parents her is her original home yet at same time she is a guest in her own home hence a special term given to those guest.

I only stayed 1 night at my parents :( then another 2 nights after. Now I ditch my hubby and go live on my own lol

Comment

Working...
                              X