X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My wife accepted polygamy

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
    Heard this story from a friend.

A husband called his wife while he is out of town. He said to her, do you want us to live a more prosperous life? Wife said yes of course. There is a rich woman in this city willing to marry me. Do you approve this?

The wife said: Marry her, I will prepare your wedding

#truestory

*The mixed feelings bout this story. I know right.
    Wow, maybe he knew he wouldn't have to feed. clothe, or accommodate and thought woooo hoooo
    No Longer On UF

Comment

If my husband said to me he wanted second wife i would be very hurt i dunno if i could handle the situation.Its not bout possestion. I think the wivies that have strength to agree are amazing..

Comment

Originally posted by sister_82 View Post
        Wow, maybe he knew he wouldn't have to feed. clothe, or accommodate and thought woooo hoooo
        Did he turn up to the wedding wearing his gold digging hard hat??

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
          Did he turn up to the wedding wearing his gold digging hard hat??
          :rotfl:
          *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by |Abdur Raheem| View Post
            Ah my bad.

I don't think marrying a second wife is cruel obviously since that is something the best human beings on earth practiced (if done correctly)

However, I think that wanting to DIVORCE your current wife to marry another wife isn't very nice....

I agree, polygamy should only occur is there's a good reason for it and if it can be done correctly.
            Context is key in undestanding anything in life and Islam. When the Prophet married for political reasons etc, there was an expectation he may marry more - most women will not question a man in that era nor will they feel hurt by him marrying another woman. Part of the norm and he was a Prophet - if I was his 100th wife I wouldn't mind.

Comment

Working...
            X