Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it ok to send your mugshot picture to a potential spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it ok to send your mugshot picture to a potential spouse?

??

Re: Is it ok to send your mugshot picture to a potential spouse?

LOL at mugshot

These days you don't know how your picture will be used, so better to arrange a meeting
    Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

Is it ok to send your mugshot picture to a potential spouse?

How about a selfie?

:p
      Last edited by iRepIslam; 24-08-14, 11:08 AM.
      The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

It is better to get someone to show them the picture in person, so they don't keep it. Some perverts do this, collect pictures of sisters and you've no guarantee they'll destroy the picture after viewing it.
        FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

face to face is better

Comment

:salams

From Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘If one of you proposes marriage to a woman, if he can look at her to see that which will encourage him to go ahead and marry her, then let him do so.’ I proposed marriage to a young woman, and I used to hide where I could see her, until I saw that which encouraged me to go ahead and marry her, so I did so.’” According to another report he said, ‘a young woman of Bani Salamah. I used to hide from her, until I saw that which encouraged me to go ahead and marry her, so I did so.” (Saheeh Abi Dawood, no. 1832, 1834)

Yes, it's fine if they see your picture. It would be preferable if you send a person to the other party, show them the picture and take the picture back instead of letting them keep the picture.
            [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

If you want to, it is your choice

Wear a fake moustache in it to scare him

I have no problems sending my picture to any potential spouses
              Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
              ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

omg i dont know if ur serious but if wanna make good impression i just stick to selfie or just meet them in person :)

Comment

:salams:

yeh I did that before, cos I'm a mug

But would advise you not to

:jkk:

p.s taking selfies are worse than making roti
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Do you even have a choice DoA? Wouldn't your parents just send it anyway without even telling you? Or is it just some people I know who do this. :S
                    Please donate when you can, it doesn't matter if its big or small, what counts is your sincere intention & every little helps: http://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/index.aspx

***Join The Quran Club!***

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                      How about a selfie?

:p
                      selfies can be deceiving...having the right angle, the right lighting, the right smile...

not to brag but me for an example, i look abnormally handsome on my profile pic (on fb not this one obviously!) which is a selfie...but id consider myself average or slightly below average looking...or atleast to me.
                      "The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and,.. attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency."
                      -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

Originally posted by ss91 View Post
                        selfies can be deceiving...having the right angle, the right lighting, the right smile...

not to brag but me for an example, i look abnormally handsome on my profile pic (on fb not this one obviously!) which is a selfie...but id consider myself average or slightly below average looking...or atleast to me.
                        Yes, I totally agree, it is best to just meet in person because pictures can be very deceiving.
                        Please donate when you can, it doesn't matter if its big or small, what counts is your sincere intention & every little helps: http://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/index.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus|A| View Post
                          Do you even have a choice DoA? Wouldn't your parents just send it anyway without even telling you? Or is it just some people I know who do this. :S
                          My mother doesn't like sending photos and my father would never ever send my photo without my permission.

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                            My mother doesn't like sending photos and my father would never ever send my photo without my permission.
                            Oh mashaAllah, that's good that your family is very open about these things. :)

Comment

Originally posted by ss91 View Post

Ohh shucks... And all this time I thought this was a well kept secret amongst girls .

Comment

Working...
                              X