Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluesnowman
    replied
    Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

Salaam,

Two of my cousins are married to converts (both white brothers). The older sister has 2 daughters while the younger one just got married in June.

One of my uncles is married to a Thai sister. Rest of us are pakistani as far as I know...

Leave a comment:

• blanchoir
    replied

I have a filipino cousin... my uncle married a pinoy.. he is awesome and cute.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied

My brother was married to a Bengali woman for ten years. They are divorced now. They have 3 kids who mostly stay with their mother but come round on weekends.

Alhamdullilah my parents are okay with me considering marriage with someone of another race. Initially my mum was a little apprehensive about the idea but over time she got over it. Having said that, where my brother is concerned, she told him she doesn't want another foreign daughter in law lol.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

Originally posted by Khadijah_24 View Post
    Maybe before the civil war broke out but I've just had to console a friend who had her heart broken. Seems like the war is still fresh in her ex potential in laws mind and they refused to give their blessing, something I've seen happening quite often lately. It's easier to marry a revert than cross the Somalia/ Somaliland line. May Allah (swt) guide them from their ignorance.
    That's sad to hear. Hmm I've never heard of anyone being refused because of their qabil. In fact, I've witnessed more mixed marriages than couples from the same qabil getting married. It's another story with the madhiban people. I think they often get discriminated against.

Leave a comment:

• *sheba*
    replied

Originally posted by Marina-Aisha View Post
    im full greek cypriot but some of cousins are half greek half english. I did marry outside my race my husband is africian(nigerian)
    beautiful mix :masha:
    Last edited by *sheba*; 25-08-14, 12:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Khadijah_24
    replied

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    I said it as a joke. Somalis have always been marrying each other. It's only a minority of people that still have that jahil tribal mindset
    Maybe before the civil war broke out but I've just had to console a friend who had her heart broken. Seems like the war is still fresh in her ex potential in laws mind and they refused to give their blessing, something I've seen happening quite often lately. It's easier to marry a revert than cross the Somalia/ Somaliland line. May Allah (swt) guide them from their ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• Strive
    replied

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
    What you thinking Strivena? Japanese?

Join me on the bullet train...
    haha

Leave a comment:

• Fairy
    replied

Originally posted by Strive View Post
    No, I want to break the mould.
    What you thinking Strivena? Japanese?

Join me on the bullet train...

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

Originally posted by Khadijah_24 View Post
    I think it does. Considering how tribal some cultures are ^_^
    I said it as a joke. Somalis have always been marrying each other. It's only a minority of people that still have that jahil tribal mindset

Leave a comment:

• Khadijah_24
    replied

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    I don't think anyone in my family married outside our race. But many have married outside their tribe..If that counts :P
    I think it does. Considering how tribal some cultures are ^_^

Leave a comment:

• firestar101
    replied

Originally posted by Badriya View Post
    Yeah i know he doesn't mean it... but he always tells me he will be upset/angry if i do marry a man from that country
    Are you pakistani by any chance.

Leave a comment:

• Strive
    replied

No, I want to break the mould.

Leave a comment:

• Badriya
    replied

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
    He is probably just bluffing

He does not mean it. Most parents just overreact.
    Yeah i know he doesn't mean it... but he always tells me he will be upset/angry if i do marry a man from that country

Leave a comment:

• firestar101
    replied

Originally posted by Badriya View Post
    I will... i always tell my parents that its my choice at the end of the day. I used to think my mom was more open to the idea of me marrying outside my race but whenever i say i find <insert race> attractive she always has some type of story to say loool like "ohh u should not marry a guy from there because they are like this" and then goes ahead and says all the stereotypes from that race.I spoke to my dad recently and asked his opinion about it. He said he would prefer that i married someone from my country because it will shame him if i dont :( . He is very adamant that i do not marry a man from <insert country> because if i do he is going to leave the country because of the embarrassment it will cause Its that serious to him. Because of my parents negative view on marrying outside my race i always think there is no point to cause problems in the family and i might as well stay within my race. Its just very annoying cus all it does is limit my choices of finding a good man.
    He is probably just bluffing

He does not mean it. Most parents just overreact.

Leave a comment:

• Badriya
    replied

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
    Fight it. We have no time for racism or nationalism.
    I will... i always tell my parents that its my choice at the end of the day. I used to think my mom was more open to the idea of me marrying outside my race but whenever i say i find <insert race> attractive she always has some type of story to say loool like "ohh u should not marry a guy from there because they are like this" and then goes ahead and says all the stereotypes from that race.I spoke to my dad recently and asked his opinion about it. He said he would prefer that i married someone from my country because it will shame him if i dont :( . He is very adamant that i do not marry a man from <insert country> because if i do he is going to leave the country because of the embarrassment it will cause Its that serious to him. Because of my parents negative view on marrying outside my race i always think there is no point to cause problems in the family and i might as well stay within my race. Its just very annoying cus all it does is limit my choices of finding a good man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X