Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

    my sis got engaged to a white russian dude who was also shi'a
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

    Comment


    • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

      No one in my family has married outside of their race and bringing this topic up to my mom doesn't end so well she would prefer me marrying within my race even thought i find other races more attractive than my own.

      Comment


      • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

        im full greek cypriot but some of cousins are half greek half english. I did marry outside my race my husband is africian(nigerian)

        Comment


        • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

          Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
          my sis got engaged to a white russian dude who was also shi'a
          So basically she married a non muslim, as that is what shias are if they believe in their nonsense
          Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
          ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

          www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

          Comment


          • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

            Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
            So basically she married a non muslim, as that is what shias are if they believe in their nonsense
            not married, he was only ever her fiance, they broke it off, and also him being a shi'a was a problem during their brief engagement.
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

            And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


            أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

            Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


            Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

            Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

            Comment


            • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

              Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
              not married, he was only ever her fiance, they broke it off, and also him being a shi'a was a problem during their brief engagement.
              This is good news. I have heard of shias deceiving sunnis and only tell them they are Shias after marriage.

              By then, they probably have used you for what they want. I never understand why these shias do not stick to their own kind. But I guess deception is their main agenda
              Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
              ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

              www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

              Comment


              • Yes!
                some of my uncles married women from greece and holland (reverts), and last year my cousin married a Turkish man.
                also, alot of marriages with Egyptians. And still, many within race.

                Comment


                • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

                  Originally posted by Badriya View Post
                  No one in my family has married outside of their race and bringing this topic up to my mom doesn't end so well she would prefer me marrying within my race even thought i find other races more attractive than my own.
                  Fight it. We have no time for racism or nationalism.
                  If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

                  Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                  There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

                  Comment


                  • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

                    Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
                    Fight it. We have no time for racism or nationalism.
                    I will... i always tell my parents that its my choice at the end of the day. I used to think my mom was more open to the idea of me marrying outside my race but whenever i say i find <insert race> attractive she always has some type of story to say loool like "ohh u should not marry a guy from there because they are like this" and then goes ahead and says all the stereotypes from that race.I spoke to my dad recently and asked his opinion about it. He said he would prefer that i married someone from my country because it will shame him if i dont :( . He is very adamant that i do not marry a man from <insert country> because if i do he is going to leave the country because of the embarrassment it will cause Its that serious to him. Because of my parents negative view on marrying outside my race i always think there is no point to cause problems in the family and i might as well stay within my race. Its just very annoying cus all it does is limit my choices of finding a good man.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

                      Originally posted by Badriya View Post
                      I will... i always tell my parents that its my choice at the end of the day. I used to think my mom was more open to the idea of me marrying outside my race but whenever i say i find <insert race> attractive she always has some type of story to say loool like "ohh u should not marry a guy from there because they are like this" and then goes ahead and says all the stereotypes from that race.I spoke to my dad recently and asked his opinion about it. He said he would prefer that i married someone from my country because it will shame him if i dont :( . He is very adamant that i do not marry a man from <insert country> because if i do he is going to leave the country because of the embarrassment it will cause Its that serious to him. Because of my parents negative view on marrying outside my race i always think there is no point to cause problems in the family and i might as well stay within my race. Its just very annoying cus all it does is limit my choices of finding a good man.
                      He is probably just bluffing

                      He does not mean it. Most parents just overreact.
                      Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                      ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

                      www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

                      Comment


                      • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

                        Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
                        He is probably just bluffing

                        He does not mean it. Most parents just overreact.
                        Yeah i know he doesn't mean it... but he always tells me he will be upset/angry if i do marry a man from that country

                        Comment


                        • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

                          No, I want to break the mould.
                          And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

                          Comment


                          • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

                            Originally posted by Badriya View Post
                            Yeah i know he doesn't mean it... but he always tells me he will be upset/angry if i do marry a man from that country
                            Are you pakistani by any chance.
                            Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                            ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

                            www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

                            Comment


                            • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

                              Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                              I don't think anyone in my family married outside our race. But many have married outside their tribe..If that counts :P
                              I think it does. Considering how tribal some cultures are ^_^

                              Comment


                              • Re: Have any of your siblings/relatives married outside of your race?

                                Originally posted by Khadijah_24 View Post
                                I think it does. Considering how tribal some cultures are ^_^
                                I said it as a joke. Somalis have always been marrying each other. It's only a minority of people that still have that jahil tribal mindset

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X