Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much contact would you like to have with your spouses family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much contact would you like to have with your spouses family?

Asalamu aleykum

As title says. Would you like to talk to your spouses siblings often(same gender) etc or would you like contact/talk with them to be minimal?

Would you like your husband/wife to talk often with your family (brother/sisters mainly) or would you like contact to be minimal?

Re: How much contact would you like to have with your spouses family?

Minimal but if my wife requested then I would make an effort. Also depends if we become natural friends

Comment

Walaikum salaam

I would like my wife to treat my parents like she would treat hers

Obviously, I will do the same. Like when away somewhere I phone my mum to check up on her and talk to her briefly. I would do the same to her mum also as I would see her as my mum also in a way after I am married.

About her siblings, if she has any male ones then yeah it would be good to get to know them. And she can get to know my sister.
      Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
      ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

very minimal

of course if they phoned/came round then ill be respectfula and make attempt to speak to them

but i'm not wanting to move in with my husbands family

and this should also not be a requirenment from husbands, to expect wife to live with his parents as this is not Islamically a duty, its more a culture practice

hehe my friends brother said when he approachs potential spouse he says 'my future spouse has to WANT to live with her in-laws' and his sister said no one WANT to live with their in-laws heehee!

Comment

ain't nobody got time fo dat
          And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
            ain't nobody got time fo dat
            HOLLAAAAAAAA

i dont know what my husband expects me to do so cant speak for him

but for me, I dont expect my husband to chat to my family, just say salam, be cordial but no pressure to be chummy with them.

THEY ARE MY FAMILY N U ARE NOT IN THE CIRCLE OF TRUST DUDE, SO DONT BE PALLY WITH THEM

THEY ARE MINE...
            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
            O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.
            Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
              HOLLAAAAAAAA

i dont know what my husband expects me to do so cant speak for him

but for me, I dont expect my husband to chat to my family, just say salam, be cordial but no pressure to be chummy with them.

THEY ARE MY FAMILY N U ARE NOT IN THE CIRCLE OF TRUST DUDE, SO DONT BE PALLY WITH THEM

THEY ARE MINE...
              U GET ME THO. THEY ARE MY FAMILY, I HAD THEM FIRST
              And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Depends on how well I like them.

Or depends if my wife has a cool brother or something.

Comment

not much
                  They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
                    U GET ME THO. THEY ARE MY FAMILY, I HAD THEM FIRST
                    :rotfl:

Fairy and Strive[lla] reunite :D

-------------------

I want him to be just like another family member honestly, say silly things at the wrong times, raid the fridge, treat my mum like his and daddy, punch my bros (best not be punching me ) when he sees a yellow car, call dibs on the remote etc etc <-- all these things are common in our family xD

I'd try and fit in with his family too of course, be a friend to his sisters, help mum with whatever she needs help with, make dad tea etc etc
                    My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                    As You have sanctified Your house,
                    Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                    In which permission of entry
                    Is only granted to a few,
                    Please Allah, allow my heart
                    To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                    when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                    In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post
                      :rotfl:

, treat my mum like his and daddy, punch my bros (best not be punching me )
                      ^ this as been sometimes a reason ive felt guilt ridden to marry because the guys seem to get on with my family n have been so lovely to my mum

==

What I dont like is if a guy says MAKE AN EFFORT WITH MY FAMILY BUT HE DOESNT DO THE SAME WITH THE GIRLS FAMILY

==

STriverna, yes they are my family, im very over protective over them. NO ONE CAN BE THEIR NUMBER 1 ONLY ME
                      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                      O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
                        ^ this as been sometimes a reason ive felt guilt ridden to marry because the guys seem to get on with my family n have been so lovely to my mum

==

What I dont like is if a guy says MAKE AN EFFORT WITH MY FAMILY BUT HE DOESNT DO THE SAME WITH THE GIRLS FAMILY
                        but this is where the wiife needs to say to him, i only will do for your family if you do for mine. and if he doesn't then she won't either..

Comment

honestly he just needs to be normal around them and not get nervous

me and my sister in laws will be best friends ya know

guys make dua i dont get evil sister in laws
                          The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Originally posted by sanabsanab View Post
                            but this is where the wiife needs to say to him, i only will do for your family if you do for mine. and if he doesn't then she won't either..
                            no Im a good person, just because one person is a jerk doesnt mean I have to be the same.
                            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                              honestly he just needs to be normal around them and not get nervous

me and my sister in laws will be best friends ya know

guys make dua i dont get evil sister in laws
                              oh u make dua for that

im hoping for no sis in law and no mother

father in law, dont mind, but he better behave himself.
                              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Working...
                              X