Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you allow your children to marry outside of their ethnicity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually would encourage them to marry outside of their race. It will break down race barriers.
    Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
    (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Re: Would you allow your children to marry outside of their ethnicity?

Originally posted by zainah View Post
      InshaAllah,

I have twin boys, one told me he wants to marry a Dutch revert girl, the other wants to marry a Moroccan girl.

As long as the girls are Muslimah's. :up:
      Lol...how old are they? I don't think they are even in double digits, already talking about marriage? :p
      Last edited by SoulMuslim; 07-08-14, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sis_niqabi View Post
        I actually would encourage them to marry outside of their race. It will break down race barriers.
        We think alike alhamdulilah!
        If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
        There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

yeah, defo. ethnicity doesn't matter to me.
          as long as they're muslim and on deen its all good

Comment

Originally posted by cookiequeen View Post
            yeah, defo. ethnicity doesn't matter to me.
            as long as they're muslim and on deen its all good
            freaking eh. i jjust saw a something cookie and now i see a cookiequeen. are u the same person? i cant eat cookies as of now :( .. i miss the taste and the texture and the warmth coming out of the oven .. sometimes withice cream in the center of two warm cookies ..
            Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

It would be completely hypocritical of me to be opposed to an interracial marriage since I am Latina and the man I am interested in marrying is Arab. I could just imagine telling my kids, marrying outside of your race is wrong and them giving me the odd ball eye look lol

Inshallah when I have children and get married I hope they marry a spouse who is righteous and fears Allah. Wealth is not everything in this life, although it is important, I would still would advise my children to always pick piety over material means.

Comment

Originally posted by seagulls1999 View Post
                Yes I'll let my children marry from a different ethnicity but I probably won't
                Salam, why is this?

Comment

Would you allow your children to marry outside of their ethnicity?

depends on the culture.

but i wouldnt marry,outside myself myself.
                  نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

yeah. Id be actually encouraging it, so that my son gets gassed and he doesnt fall into haram relationships. good psychology right :D

Comment

for me yes allow them to marry outside of your ethnicity
                      whats the problem
                      i think it better more than married from the family

Comment

:salams

No way.....am I letting anything come before deen. So, yeah!

Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                          :salams

No way.....am I letting anything come before deen. So, yeah!

That's a shame coming from you :/...if you're being serious that is

Comment

I would definitely keep an open mind. My only concerns are how the two cultures could co-exist, and especially If I had daughters. So I guess if you ask me Islamically yes I have no qualms with it but the sad reality is society lives within the norms of it's culture, and if my daughter can't fit in with her in-laws and is treated harshly because she cant settle into their way of life then that's something I wouldn't want for her.

Though Im still only young (very), and I'm yet to get married even, perhaps my outlook will change.

I know we shouldn't consider things like that before anyone comes at me with that, but it exists, and in the UK it's especially hard to find people that aren't at all cultural.

However, if the potential is good in character and so is the family I would allow it despite my worries, so maybe I chose the wrong answer lol

Comment

no one is gonna say no, they would be called racist lol. its interesting that this is anonymous, it gives some credibility but looking at the threads posted I would have expected the opposite result. I think this thread is more idealism then reality.
                              Last edited by skeptical; 07-08-14, 06:51 AM.
                              sharing is caring.

:banbear: + :hidban::hidban::hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                                I know many of you are not parents and do not have adult children, but inshaAllah if you live long enough to do so, would you allow them to marry outside of your ethnicity?

Also, what kind of conditions would you require someone to have in order for your son/daughter to be allowed to marry them? E.g. do they need to be earning x amount of money etc.?

:)
                                my kids are african/jamaican/asian/welsh/scottish/english/irish/gypsy/norman french from the marriages of their great great grandparents, great grandparents, grandparents and parents, and we have a lot of other ethnicities in our family including chinese, brazillian, norwegian, swiss, danish, ethiopian, yemeni, egyptian, moroccon and croatian. so its not an issue at all alhamdulillah.

conditions to be allowed to marry ? they can choose who they want its their life and they have to live with the person they choose.
                                Last edited by *asiya*; 07-08-14, 08:33 AM.
                                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Working...
                                X