Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you allow your children to marry outside of their ethnicity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you allow your children to marry outside of their ethnicity?

Last edited by F_R; 06-08-14, 05:08 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
      Hey this is not shameless talk.

Good coz usernames aren't very useful.

Would you like a husband?
      Let's get back to the topic sis.

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
        Your kids are already talking about marriage?
        yes,
        Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
        But your boys are so young. So why are they thinking if marriage so suddenly. Maybe they matured quicker than me.

I was held back from being independent and had too much of a cushy life
        I have a very open relationship with them, they can tell me anything what's on their mind.. and sometimes marriage is on their mind and they ask me about it.
        My heart will go on

Comment

Hey this is not shameless talk.

Good coz usernames aren't very useful.

Would you like a husband?
          It is when its on public mixed forum

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
          O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Who died and made me my children's wali? :scratch:

They don't even exist but still.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
              Who died and made me my children's wali? :scratch:

They don't even exist but still.
              Well you know how some mothers can be very controlling.

Comment

Last edited by F_R; 06-08-14, 05:08 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                  Well you know how some mothers can be very controlling.
                  Hmm okay.

I just remembered I'm not supposed to be reading or replying to marriage threads anymore, but yes I'd be fine with my children marrying outside their ethnicity.

Wait, what if they are already mixed race themselves - what does their ethnicity become then?

I'll leave this thread once my question is answered :insha:

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
                    yes,

I have a very open relationship with them, they can tell me anything what's on their mind.. and sometimes marriage is on their mind and they ask me about it.
                    That is good to see

I can never tell my parents anything. We do not have that type of relationship
                    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Yes, because why not?

Comment

nvm
                        Last edited by FeedMEknowledge; 06-08-14, 03:51 PM.
                        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                          Hmm okay.

I just remembered I'm not supposed to be reading or replying to marriage threads anymore, but yes I'd be fine with my children marrying outside their ethnicity.

Wait, what if they are already mixed race themselves - what does their ethnicity become then?

I'll leave this thread once my question is answered :insha:
                          Then their ethnicity is of two ethnicities. :)

Comment

Last edited by F_R; 06-08-14, 05:07 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                              Then their ethnicity is of two ethnicities. :)
                              A lot of people say they are a certain ethnicity but they have a mix of other ethnicities somewhere down the line anyway, so the whole idea fails.

A Pakistani marrying an Indian would be seen as marrying outside your ethnicity, but they were the same ethnicity less than a hundred years ago.

The whole thing doesn't make sense to me. I'm gonna leave this thread now.

Comment

I was enjoying that convo. Thought I could help you out :(

You should come to sis section :insha:

May you have a productive and joyful afternoon sis ameen :D

We did not say anything inappropriate. If ya'll choose to misinterpret it then that's yo buziness

Originally posted by FeedMEknowledge View Post
                                now the follow up question for the people who chose yes. are there some races that would still be a nono. unfortunately sometimes its a yes but like 1 or two races different than their own lol..

also congrats on ur marriage fr. May Allah bless ur union.
                                lol yea, only one race pls :p

fr

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                                O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Working...
                                X