Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you allow your children to marry outside of their ethnicity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you allow your children to marry outside of their ethnicity?

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
    @factory

Umm no

I have human rights and i am legit british citizen

I have every right to be here. We only have one world. Let’s share it together, cos we all got nowhere else to go
    Jews in Germany weren't attacked as soon as the Nazi party took power. They started with defamation campaigns for some time before any oppression happened. In Germany there was a major propaganda campaign against Poland before they attacked the Poles. They had to make the German people feel threatened before they invaded. They staged a fake attack in a radio station next to the German-Polish border and then claimed it was Poles who did it and then they invaded.
    نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
      I know many of you are not parents and do not have adult children, but inshaAllah if you live long enough to do so, would you allow them to marry outside of your ethnicity?

Also, what kind of conditions would you require someone to have in order for your son/daughter to be allowed to marry them? E.g. do they need to be earning x amount of money etc.?

:)
      Who am I to disagree? As long as they're marrying a muslim / muslimah than I'm okay with it (provided that they're marrying someone of the opposite sex).

Comment

Sad how some people are saying no. How is that not racism?

Comment

I'd encourage them (Im still young lol) , hate my bangladeshi culture, they prefer culture over religion (most) hence why they hit their own children over petty reasons and expect their children to bend over backwards but don't want to fulfil their duties towards their children.

Luckily western bengali's aren't as extreme so future bengalis won't get beat up and berated over no reasons like I did. Still. Hate. This. Stupid. Culture.

To mods: I don't know if this is considered backbiting my people (Bangladeshi's), if it is then please delete my post.
          Last edited by Sorrow'; 05-11-17, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juwairiyyah View Post
            Haha, I voted yes but I wouldn't necessarily say those who voted No are racist. Some people just want to preserve there own culture.

Comment

yes, .... it could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Juwairiyyah View Post
                Preserving one's ethnicity is not racism.

Comment

Originally posted by factory View Post
                  Preserving one's ethnicity is not racism.
                  Agreed. I voted no

Comment

AW: Re: Would you allow your children to marry outside of their ethnicity?

I wanted to vote YES,

Count me as YES
                    And marry those among you who are single and the Salihoon of your slaves and maid-servants.If they be poor,Allah will enrich them of out of His Bounty.And Allah is All-Sufficent for His creatures needs,All-Knowing

Comment

Originally posted by muslim4life76 View Post
                      Yes I would only if he is a True practicing Muslim

I asked my Saudi friend this question he said never because his whole society would turn against him so he fears the people. But if it was not for that he would allow it .
                      I truly understand your friend that's why I will say it depends on the situation of society and where I live ...
                      Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
                      The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
                      )

Comment

No they have to marry belgian, and not walloon, flemmish! Imagine they wanna marry one of those stinkin, good for nothing waloons!

Gotto keep the honour in the family
                        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Marrying one with a different culture

:salams

What are the advantages and disadvantages in marrying someone who grew up in a different culture, different upbringing.
                          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Re: Marrying one with a different culture

Originally posted by aynina View Post

What are the advantages and disadvantages in marrying someone who grew up in a different culture, different upbringing.
                            If your parents are traditional for them it would be awkward.

Advantage is that marriage will seem more exciting because you can explore your spouse's culture.

However I would be very careful to ensure the spouse and you can speak fluently to each other. Don't want miscommunications.

Comment

Learn from each other how to be more tolerant
                              Have children fluent in many languages lol (and possibly more open minded)
                              Meet different persons and understand different culture, history, food, etc
                              Maybe genetically strong off spring

On the down side :

Children identity (as Muslims, religion is enough)
                              Disapproval from family sometimes
                              Culture shock

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post

I am sure there are threads that answer this Q, also you were married in a different culture so you must have an idea of the pros and cons....I have knowledge of this so if you need to ask a specific question then you can PM me...
                                “Whoever wants to purify his heart must prefer Allah over and above his own desires.” .

Comment

Working...
                                X