Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you feel if a potential spouse did a background check on you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How would you feel if a potential spouse did a background check on you?

Originally posted by Tahiyah View Post
    if i were getting married in saudi id appreciate all those background checks and blood tests.. lol (jking sis)
    Lolz
    U know the west needs these procedures badly ;)
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me :crying2:

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
      What defines a "background check?" Asking relatives about them? Criminal record?
      While my mom was getting our maid married and we found a guy who claimed to be religious she sent someone to see where this person would spend his nights.

Turned out the guy was a drunkard and hanged around bad company. Got her a good man later on :)

I know this is spying, but I wouldn't mind if this was done to me. Worst thing that I could possibly do at night is sit on Ummah forum's marriage section.
      [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Abdur Raheem :) View Post
        Worst thing that I could possibly do at night is sit on Ummah forum's marriage section.
        But we are sitting on Ummah forum's marriage section right now.

Comment

do you think it would be wrong to ask him to have an aids test or STD test done? lol.. wow... somehow this kills the romance before it starts
          Assalamu Alaikum,

No, it's not wrong because of the times and area we live in.
          Rather than asking him to have an STD test done [alone], you should offer to do one as well.
          ومن يتوكل على الله فهو حسبه
          And whosoever puts his trust in Allah,
          Then He will suffice him.

Comment

Originally posted by Firecookies View Post
            But we are sitting on Ummah forum's marriage section right now.
            There goes my marriage reputation...
            [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

[QUOTE=Abdur Raheem :);5991068]While my mom was getting our maid married and we found a guy who claimed to be religious she sent someone to see where this person would spend his nights.

Turned out the guy was a drunkard and hanged around bad company. Got her a good man later on :)

I know this is spying, but I wouldn't mind if this was done to me. Worst thing that I could possibly do at night is sit on Ummah forum's marriage section.[/QUOTE]

Then they'll check your posts, and the minute you say something less-than-savory about women or anything else, BAM you get rejected!
              www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Then they'll check your posts, and the minute you say something less-than-savory about women or anything else, BAM you get rejected!
                I don't believe I have said something against women unless it be that they are making mistakes regarding the deen which I say towards men as well. If there is anything that I have said against women that sounds less than savory, please inform me. I'll correct myself.

If I get rejected, I'll be fine it. I just want a good woman in the end.

Comment

What defines a "background check?" Asking relatives about them? Criminal record?
                  a legal background check. you can do them online just with a persons name, address, etc.it gives u their criminal background, marriages, divorces, past addresses, jobs. public records.

Comment

a legal background check. you can do them online just with a persons name, address, etc. give u their criminal background, marriages, divorces, past addresses, jobs. public records.
                    Oh. I wouldn't take offense.
                    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

I wouldn't get offended, they know they can ask you but it doesn't necessarily mean it will be the truth so asking about your character from others would help. If it was a criminal background check than thats kind of funny loll.

Comment

hope those speeding tickets dont scare him off..:o

Comment

background checking is very normal ...

recently did it for some1 and found out something the potentials family was keeping from them ...

Comment

No. I'm 100% fine with my past so they can dig up whatever they want. I embrace my past as a violent phunk.
                            6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                              background checking is very normal ...

recently did it for some1 and found out something the potentials family was keeping from them ...
                              ouch, so did they end up not marrying due to this? i wonder if a man does this on a sister, is he really curious she has a criminal background or checking on past divorces she may not of told him about. anyhow....its best to be upfront and honest about everything, thats why we say things like....is there anything you would like to know about me incase I forgot to mention something

Comment

ouch, so did they end up not marrying due to this? i wonder if a man does this on a sister, is he really curious she has a criminal background or checking on past divorces she may not of told him about. anyhow....its best to be upfront and honest about everything, thats why we say things like....is there anything you would like to know about me incase I forgot to mention something
                                Lol, Maybe a parking ticket you can forget, past marriage Lol i dont think that is something you might forget that easily.
                                Anycase, checks are a normal thing, it would not be checks if he told you beforehand about it,
                                I think by checking he is showing he is human ans has feelings and the ability to worry so that might be a good thing.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Comment

Working...
                                X