Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oh I hate myself for making this thread..but it had to be done

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
    That's true but here in America you have to be financially stable and working in order to get married. I know my mom would be against me getting married because I don't have any life experience. I don't know how to pay bills, I can't cook, just to name a couple. I would feel bad if I got married and the husband had to go to work everyday with me sitting at home, doesn't seem fair. So I'd like to have some sort of job to help him out. Which is hard to do if you've never worked a day in your life, I can't even get one now.

There is a masjid but never been there before. I don't want to say anything offensive but I worry about becoming friends with sisters who aren't practicing Muslims. Just because they are at a masjid doesn't necessarily mean anything, and I would like a friend who will encourage me to be a better Muslim. I don't want to only come across Muslimahs who hardly practice and lead me into doing haram activities. So I only talk to Muslimahs on here.
    Are you a man?
    La illaha ilallah

Comment

Originally posted by blanchoir View Post
      Are you a man?
      Umm...no

Comment

Umm...no
        Brightest hour, a women is a honored being, they should waste their time on those things.

Let the poor chap pay the bills and all that other stuff.

You should be a role model for the children, girls, women, and raise the next beacons of light whom will guide humanity towards to paradise.
        La illaha ilallah

Comment

Originally posted by blanchoir View Post
          Brightest hour, a women is a honored being, they should waste their time on those things.

Let the poor chap pay the bills and all that other stuff.

You should be a role model for the children, girls, women, and raise the next beacons of light whom will guide humanity towards to paradise.
          Except I don't know how to do those things :/

Comment

Except I don't know how to do those things :/
            Volunteering at a children's camp is an excellent way to learn these things. Or volunteering at an orphanage centre, or even the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by brothernd View Post
              Volunteering at a children's camp is an excellent way to learn these things. Or volunteering at an orphanage centre, or even the elderly.
              Hmm that's actually a good idea

Comment

Hmm that's actually a good idea
                Try to find a muslim youth group, or establish a muslim youth group, that caters towards those needs. The name of the group doesn't have to be muslim.

Secondly, if you are looking to join a group, try to join a group that honours and respects the Islamic faith. If the group has such noble values, it will attract noble people. And that is your opportunity for da'wah. The best da'wah is action. Actions speak louder than words.

Surah Fussilat: ayah 33
                Sahih International
                And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, "Indeed, I am of the Muslims."

Read the tafsir of it. There are three ways identified here to call towards Allah swt. You can just say I'm a muslim. Or you can call others to Allah swt. Or you can do good things and act righteously. Doing all three is excellent. But sometimes, in a western society, its difficult to say, I am a Muslim. So work righteously, and continue doing so, until you have the confidence to invite others, and continue doings so, until you can tell others that you are a Muslim.

Comment

Join Bayyinah tv, that'll keep you busy, inspire you and get you proactive inshallah.
                  Look for youth development programmes in your area and join.

Do the :up::up::up: Duke of Edinburgh award?

Comment

Brightesthour....you my dear...are a precious pearl!!!!! If I had a brother I would ask him to marry you!!!!
                    yeah find a Muslim group, and when you are in the outside world...remember be STEADFAST in your iman and mind. I would love to ask you to work with me but im in another country.
                    Oh Beloved...take away what I want.
                    Take away what I do.
                    Take away what I need.
                    Take away everything
                    that takes me from you...-Rumi

Comment

:salams
                      I suggest volunteering in a junior or elementary, I think that's the American equivelent of UK Primary/middle >_>??
                      So yeah do that, you will learn a lot of skills. Do it even if you don't like school or working with children. :up:
                      Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Lol thanks Zulia, nice of you to say :jkk:

Ahhh being around that many kids Al-Mualim lol. Kids scare me, maybe it'll be different if I had my own.

Comment

Assalamu alaykom sister in Islam..

I would recommend you to read / watch lectures on Islam. Master the basics, have general knowledge, and love of the Prophet.. May Allah bless and guide your whole family to Islam..

Also if I could recommend , you said you haven't had a job before.. Maybe while you are at home on your free time, you could learn some nice dishes to cook (if you don't already know how) What a great trait this is to have, and if you really do want to get married, I mean a ways to a mans heart is through his stomach.. Yeah and like read about the wives of the Prophet (s) and the wives of the companions and righteous muslims of the past. They were great women, guarding their chastity , raising scholars, and taking care of the home.

Please don't take anything I said in the wrong way, may Allah guide us all. peace

Comment

Lol thanks Zulia, nice of you to say :jkk:

Ahhh being around that many kids Al-Mualim lol. Kids scare me, maybe it'll be different if I had my own.
                            nonono...dont worry, the cuteness of the kid will overwhelm your fear. yesss, I think taking care of kids,maybe you can learn to be a kindergarten teacher maybe babysitter if you dont wanna leave your house. A lot of people turn their own home into a daycare. lol
                            I went to a mushollah yesterday for Isyak prayer and there is only me and a 5 year old girl in the women's section, her father is with the muezzin, she got bored and poked and tickled my feet me while I was praying.
                            Sabr..........but later her chattiness and cutess makes me laugh.
                            anyway it can be a quite a practice and when you are a real mom, you know how to handle them.
                            Oh Beloved...take away what I want.
                            Take away what I do.
                            Take away what I need.
                            Take away everything
                            that takes me from you...-Rumi

Comment

Working...
                            X