Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are looks really that important?

:)
    Last edited by dizzyfish; 04-03-15, 12:27 AM.

Comment

cake
      Last edited by DOAreturns; 07-08-14, 03:31 AM.

Comment

^^ Wow...

Comment

This thread is interesting lol

Comment

The hotter she is
            the more you'll burn

Does that saying exist already?

Comment

People who say personality> looks are just lying to themselves.
              They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                People who say personality> looks are just lying to themselves.
                No I would rather have someone not attractive but with great personality than someone super attractive and poor personality.
                I am not lying to myself, I used to have a friend who I wasn't attracted to, but her personality made me developing feelings.

Looks is for lust, personality is for love.

Comment

Honestly, Looks are an added bonus, but remember beauty fades, true beauty is how much noor a person has.

example : a model in her old age, she was hot 15 - 30 yrs ago n now, depending on how the person looks after themselves, they start to look like ex models :) lots of them mite still look well becoz there's plastic surgery, make up etc. but witout that some of them look like a shaved cat woman kinda human. Used woman in the example, same applies to men.

Comment

Exactly. You don't need to be beautiful to get married.

Comment

Yup anybody can get married. Just gotta find the right guy/girl.

Comment

Everyone ( not to sure but maybe all creation, plants etc ) is created in pairs.

Comment

Personality>looks. My looks alone don't get me far in life.
                          “And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help”

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
                            Personality>looks. My looks alone don't get me far in life.
                            LOL I know how you feel bro xD

Comment

:wswrwb:

frankly, it depends on the individual

for some, looks are more important than other attributes while for others, they're willing to 'compromise' on physical beauty
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
                                As salamu alaykum,

I was having a discussion with a brother recently and he mentioned it is important to be with someone you are attracted to. I disagree with him as there are more important things. But I can see his point as it does help to lower the gaze.

Personally, I feel if the right sister comes along that has a nice personality, deen, can make me laugh, then I would overlook her looks. All I really want is someone that cares about me and is affectionate. You do not need looks for that.

I know men are more visual and sisters are different, but this can vary depending on the person.

I also feel way too many brothers are too fussy over looks. I have observed this myself. I can sort if understand as they need to be able to lower the gaze. But there are some really good sisters out there that get overlooked just because they may not be pretty enough. And they also deserve love of a spouse in their life.

It is a shame. There are any brothers and sisters out there that would be a good match for each other and could help each other in Deen a lot, but it never works out due to how one of them looks or both.
                                Says who? :/
                                [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X