• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Separate Accomodation for wife

Originally posted by Living Destiny View Post
    Talwar is pukhton?
    Nahi

Dont know if im handsome or rich enough for you anyway ...
    How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
      Nahi

Dont know if im handsome or rich enough for you anyway ...

that (my) thread was not a good idea. oh well.

Comment

Does the mother have any other children? Instead of just throwing all the responsibility on one couple or daughter in law, desi kids need to stop being lazy and get up and serve their parents together! Someone could always check up on her. Once she can't take care of herself, she can move in with someone of her choice. Try and get a home near her if she doesn't have other kids? It's not forbidden for her to ask for a house. I believe I read that she is entitled to a place with basic facilities of her own which no one can enter without permission.

This type of living is not good IMO at least when it comes to Desi's. Way too many problems and jealousy. They even make drama's on it that's how prevalent it is in our culture. I could not put up with this unless the house was large, so that I had some breathing room, maybe already had an actual maid lol and if they weren't desi.
        Nothing is impossible with Allah

Comment

this is such a typical situation when you're an Asian DIL, it's a CURSE

it's not supposed to be like that
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

maybe the guy should take his mother to a sheik that he knows she respects or holds high. and he can set her straight in sha Allah.. wouldnt suggest separating, it seems like that might make the mother act worse.

Comment

As a wife I know MIL/DIL is terrible but at the same time the question comes "who looks after his mother?"

Yes they don't have to live together but where does that leave the mother? By her self in an aprtment close by her son but she is still by herself. In the morning she will wake up to an empty house & have to make her own breakfast. What if she causes an accident because she is old? She might get her son to visit her for few hours after work but the day from morning to night she is by herself. Yes her son can do grocery shopping and pay the mothers apt bill, but she won't have human interaction on regular base.

I have always been advocate of working/being outside of the house keeps people sane inside the house. If the wife is stay home mom, then find activity/masjid for the mom to be involved in so they aren't in eachothers face all day.

Comment

Working...
              X