No announcement yet.

Would you pay off your husband's loan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you pay off your husband's loan?

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
    Wonder if they'll help their children if they ever get in financial troubles.
    In most cases ,

Children: yes
    Husband: no

Comment

I believe you shouldn't buy if you don't have the money. There is no excuse for getting into debt and then having someone bail you out.

However, if that situation arose and it was unavoidable, then yes, I would help my partner.

That being said, there are many men out there who continue to get into debt due to laziness, not accepting responsibility etc. They make the same mistake over and over again because they are either not good with budgeting or they just don't care. The question arises, is that how many times will the wife bail them out. Some men need to learn the hard way. Its not fair on the wife or her parents to continue to sort out the husband's mistakes.

The above are real life common examples in the community.

Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

Comment

No, unless I was extremely rich lol
        Nothing is impossible with Allah

Comment

Thanks everyone for the interesting conversation. I actually came across the perfect solution this weekend, hopefully it gets implimented soon. 1 years ago I lended my brother some money to buy his house. This weekend, he told me he has the money to pay me back. He also suggested we invest it in a property using this money as downpayment instead of taking cash, unless we need it. He already looked at few options & willing to help find place. He also spoke with his Islamic Finance banker and got lot of the details ready.

I like the idea and my husband is starting to like the idea too. I am thinking, I can add to my brothers money for downpayment & instead take out extra 10K on the house to pay off husband's loan. This way he will be out of riba but still responsible to pay for his loan.

JZK for your response

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
            Thanks everyone for the interesting conversation. I actually came across the perfect solution this weekend, hopefully it gets implimented soon. 1 years ago I lended my brother some money to buy his house. This weekend, he told me he has the money to pay me back. He also suggested we invest it in a property using this money as downpayment instead of taking cash, unless we need it. He already looked at few options & willing to help find place. He also spoke with his Islamic Finance banker and got lot of the details ready.

I like the idea and my husband is starting to like the idea too. I am thinking, I can add to my brothers money for downpayment & instead take out extra 10K on the house to pay off husband's loan. This way he will be out of riba but still responsible to pay for his loan.

JZK for your response
            Very good idea, converting a bad loan to a better loan
            Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

Working...
            X