Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

    Just curious on what you all suggest is appropriate for a guy to wear when he goes to visit the girl's family.

    I was thinking Khakis, with a tucked in dress shirt and tie. Personally that outfit makes me look very mature and hard working.

    But is that overkill?

  • #2
    Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

    Hmm you should dress comfortably simple yet clean. Dress how you usually dress so you can seem cool and unattached..

    Edited: If your going to wear a suit don't wear the jacket it'll look corny. wear a white/black/navy blue shirt because other colors just look corny and khakis are kinda corny as well. Wear slacks instead. Glad I could help.
    Last edited by hadmatter; 24-06-14, 03:13 AM.
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

      I was thinking Khaki shorts when you said that, and all I'm thinking is "NOOO!"

      I don't think it's overkill. That seems fine.

      Smiles are the best accessory haha.
      www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

        Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
        Hmm you should dress comfortably simple yet clean. Dress how you usually dress so you can seem cool and unattached..
        Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
        I was thinking Khaki shorts when you said that, and all I'm thinking is "NOOO!"

        I don't think it's overkill. That seems fine.

        Smiles are the best accessory haha.
        but first impressions are very important..no? I think the clothes you wear will say something about you as a person.

        Dont women like it when guys wear dress shirts and ties? or I mean to say, they are attracted to men when they dress like they "go to work".

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

          Originally posted by Azraael View Post
          but first impressions are very important..no? I think the clothes you wear will say something about you as a person.

          Dont women like it when guys wear dress shirts and ties? or I mean to say, they are attracted to men when they dress like they "go to work".
          Well, it's your first time; don't sweat it. If she's smart, she'll know that what matters is what comes out of your mouth (and as long as you are wearing clean clothes and are hygienic). Perhaps dab a little cologne if you're worried. Not too much though.


          And personally for me (dunno about other females) if a dude comes in with a suit, I'll be like "Wall Street is that way" and point to the door LOL.
          www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

            A nice shirt and pants is good but no tie....

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

              Light gray suit, textured white shirt, navy blue tie, game over.

              Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

              Uthmaan R.A

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

                Smart casual, the sort of thing you would wear if you were ever on a date with a person.

                You don't wanna go too OTT with a fancy suit and tie and of course you don't want to go the complete opposite way either and look like you just dragged yourself out of bed.

                Nice trousers and a nice shirt would do or if its colder then a jumper(I think the americans call them sweatshirts or something).

                Nothing with logos, nothing with a hood, nothing too young and childish, no t-shirts etc BUT that doesn't mean to say if you DO wear any of those a girl will reject you lol because obviously if you have a great character then she won't care about your dress sense. But still, always nice to look as if you have made an effort.

                ...having said that if a guy DID wear a nice suit on to meet me I'd probably be a little flattered too that he wen't to the trouble to dress this way for me. lol I still think stick to trousers and shirt, you can't go wrong with that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

                  Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
                  Smart casual, the sort of thing you would wear if you were ever on a date with a person.

                  You don't wanna go too OTT with a fancy suit and tie and of course you don't want to go the complete opposite way either and look like you just dragged yourself out of bed.

                  Nice trousers and a nice shirt would do or if its colder then a jumper(I think the americans call them sweatshirts or something).

                  Nothing with logos, nothing with a hood, nothing too young and childish, no t-shirts etc BUT that doesn't mean to say if you DO wear any of those a girl will reject you lol because obviously if you have a great character then she won't care about your dress sense. But still, always nice to look as if you have made an effort.

                  ...having said that if a guy DID wear a nice suit on to meet me I'd probably be a little flattered too that he wen't to the trouble to dress this way for me. lol I still think stick to trousers and shirt, you can't go wrong with that.
                  Tell me a girl wouldn't be impressed by this look

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	10749297

                  There's a brother who came to see my sister three weeks a go, he was dressed in a brown suit instead, hafiz and a medical doctor, he walked in and as soon as i looked at him i smiled, he was all game with a great character.

                  Trousers and shirt can't top that sorry but if you don't know how to rock a suit, trousers and shirt is perfectly fine and the safer choice.

                  Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

                  Uthmaan R.A

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

                    Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                    Tell me a girl wouldn't be impressed by this look

                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]67948[/ATTACH].
                    ooooh my! if the guy wearing the suit looks anything like the guy in the pic then HELLS BELLS YEAH we would be impressed!



                    There's a brother who came to see my sister three weeks a go, he was dressed in a brown suit instead, hafiz and a medical doctor, he walked in and as soon as i looked at him i smiled, he was all game with a great character.

                    Trousers and shirt can't top that sorry but if you don't know how to rock a suit, trousers and shirt is perfectly fine and the safer choice
                    but a brown suit... http://img.pandawhale.com/45910-Clev...asty-Rj5c.jpeg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

                      Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                      Light gray suit, textured white shirt, navy blue tie, game over.
                      That's what u wore when it was ur time, han?
                      Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

                        Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                        Tell me a girl wouldn't be impressed by this look

                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]67948[/ATTACH]

                        There's a brother who came to see my sister three weeks a go, he was dressed in a brown suit instead, hafiz and a medical doctor, he walked in and as soon as i looked at him i smiled, he was all game with a great character.

                        Trousers and shirt can't top that sorry but if you don't know how to rock a suit, trousers and shirt is perfectly fine and the safer choice.
                        Maybe without the jacket. Plus tbh only some people can pull it off. It you have a gut of any kind, doesn't do a good job of flattering.
                        Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

                          Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                          Tell me a girl wouldn't be impressed by this look

                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]67948[/ATTACH]

                          There's a brother who came to see my sister three weeks a go, he was dressed in a brown suit instead, hafiz and a medical doctor, he walked in and as soon as i looked at him i smiled, he was all game with a great character.

                          Trousers and shirt can't top that sorry but if you don't know how to rock a suit, trousers and shirt is perfectly fine and the safer choice.
                          of course the shirt has to be "fitted" and the pants not baggy. A guy can wear the exact same outfit but if the suit isnt tailored, the dude isnt in shape and the shirt isnt fitted it wont look good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

                            Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
                            ooooh my! if the guy wearing the suit looks anything like the guy in the pic then HELLS BELLS YEAH we would be impressed!





                            but a brown suit... http://img.pandawhale.com/45910-Clev...asty-Rj5c.jpeg
                            Haha yep no doubt that's the way i dress every day, also the shade of brown and the colour combination he had going was just stunning. If you saw it you would agree as well.

                            Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
                            Maybe without the jacket. Plus tbh only some people can pull it off. It you have a gut of any kind, doesn't do a good job of flattering.
                            Originally posted by Azraael View Post
                            of course the shirt has to be "fitted" and the pants not baggy. A guy can wear the exact same outfit but if the suit isnt tailored, the dude isnt in shape and the shirt isnt fitted it wont look good.
                            If a brother is going to get married, he needs to workout and work on slimming that gut, what will happen after marriage if he can't deal with it before when there's very little time after marriage?

                            If your going to wear a suit, make sure it's fitted otherwise don't wear one, it's just not the same.

                            Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

                            Uthmaan R.A

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Suggestions on what to wear when you go meet the girl's family

                              Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                              Haha yep no doubt that's the way i dress every day, also the shade of brown and the colour combination he had going was just stunning. If you saw it you would agree as well.





                              If a brother is going to get married, he needs to workout and work on slimming that gut, what will happen after marriage if he can't deal with it before when there's very little time after marriage?

                              If your going to wear a suit, make sure it's fitted otherwise don't wear one, it's just not the same.
                              I think the reason a lot of guys "let themselves go" is because they dont have the right motivation to stay in shape. Most guys only do it to attract girls and when they are locked in a relationship they let themselves go.
                              Its all about the right motivation.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X