Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasons why women are being abused in marriages nowadays.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reasons why women are being abused in marriages nowadays.

Originally posted by Aashiq View Post
    Dont believe that at all. I used to work with a couple of Muslimahs who volunteered at an ethnic women's shelter and they shocked said the majority of the Muslim women who ended up there had practising husbands. Just because someone is practising it doesn't mean they are empathetic. These are two different things.
    That is the scariest thing in the world!!!
    ‘If only I had done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened.’ Rather you should say, ‘Qaddara Allah wa ma sha a fa’ala (Allah decrees, and what He wills He does),’ for (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytan.” (Narrated by Muslim).

Comment

Dont believe that at all. I used to work with a couple of Muslimahs who volunteered at an ethnic women's shelter and they were shocked that the majority of the Muslim women who ended up there had practising husbands. Just because someone is practising it doesn't mean they are empathetic. These are two different things.
      My thoughts exactly.

It's funny because it's Id argue it's pre-dominant amongst the practicing folk who use Islamic teachings in defense of their abusive behaviour.
      Some take the 'hit them' lightly ayah and use it to beat the women black and blue.

Also, it's accepted amongst some cultures as well. For instance, in 3arab culture this is common amongst the men. I'm not stigmatising one culture but I'm just highlighting that's it's a commonly accepted practice over there.
      You have to be incredibly weary, and do ur research on any potnetial husband and place ur trust in Allah.

Comment

Title: Reasons why women are being abused in marriages nowadays.

Name: UmAbdulMalik

Marital Status: Single

What I see in this thread: Generalising people and a person claim to know everything about marriage.

#Respect

not...

Click image for larger version

Name:	chai.gif
Views:	6
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	10749261
        Last edited by Saho; 23-06-14, 11:32 AM.

Comment

You have it completely wrong. Women are less abused than ever before.

The difference is that in the past, a wife was seen as a husbands property and so domestic abuse wasnt pursued as a crime by the police. It was seen as a personal matter between husband and wife. People didnt talk about it. Nowadays it has become a crime and so people talk about it and it's more prominent.
          tu hai Aashiq......Aashiq awaaraaa!!!! :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
            My thoughts exactly.

It's funny because it's Id argue it's pre-dominant amongst the practicing folk who use Islamic teachings in defense of their abusive behaviour.
            Some take the 'hit them' lightly ayah and use it to beat the women black and blue.

Also, it's accepted amongst some cultures as well. For instance, in 3arab culture this is common amongst the men. I'm not stigmatising one culture but I'm just highlighting that's it's a commonly accepted practice over there.
            You have to be incredibly weary, and do ur research on any potnetial husband and place ur trust in Allah.
            They said the majority of Muslim women were from African background, the next highest was Asian but that Arab women were over represented. They said as a ratio of how many Arabs there are in the UK to the number of abused Arab women was much higher in proportion to Asian and African women. So yes it probably is more prevalent in Arab families.
            [B][COLOR="#008000"]Hum to tere Aashiq hai sadiyo puraane[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Saho View Post
              Title: Reasons why women are being abused in marriages nowadays.

Name: UmAbdulMalik

Marital Status: Single

What I see in this thread: Generalising people and a person claim to know everything about marriage.

#Respect

not...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67905[/ATTACH]

Useless post.

-_-

Comment

Working...
              X