Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why do men want to get married but stay living at home

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
    She said whoever can't afford to. Theres a difference between living at home but having the financial means to move out and someone who has no financial means to move out
    bascially that is still ignorant because it is going against what is understood from the Deen. the people of knowledge say even if your child has nothing but you have money, get him married. this shows that you could have nothing and still get married.

other hadith point to this as well.

that comment is going against this and therefore ignorant. i dont know who made the comment since i am not reading all the comments so no bias on my part.

and i am out again after i rep da peoplez.
    Last edited by عبد المنعم; 22-06-14, 10:39 PM.
    70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
      Just out of question, how do the daughter's take care of the parents when they're living at the husband's house
      Err... she is allowed to leave her husbands house and go and visit her parents you know, even every day if she wants to. Why do you ask such silly questions wiz, do you really live in your own little world? or are you gonna be one of those clingy husbands who requires his wife to be in his house 24/7, looking after the place and waiting for him to come home?

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha* View Post
        thank god its not like this with arabs thanks god al7mdulillah
        Lol I was thinking the same thing alhamdullilah it's not like this in my culture as well *feeling blessed*

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
          That's her own opinion, and she's allowed it. It's not like she was talking about a huge place anyway. People have different cultures, and these cultures don't have the joint family system, so it's not fair to call her ignorant just because they never had a system like that.
          opinions dont matter in Islam , it is either Islam allows it or doesnt , so those jahill opinions arent welcome in a muslim forum.

its perfectly wise to call some1 jahill who would say men shouldnt marry unless they have so and so , marriage in itself brings rizq and there is no limits placed on it like the ones being said by Allah(swt) then who are we to place such restrictions on marriage?

i dont understand how some1 can defend such jahill stuff when its openly against Islam.
          Last edited by noobz; 22-06-14, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
            Err... she is allowed to leave her husbands house and go and visit her parents you know, even every day if she wants to. Why do you ask such silly questions wiz, do you really live in your own little world? or are you gonna be one of those clingy husbands who requires his wife to be in his house 24/7, looking after the place and waiting for him to come home?
            nobody leaves the house without our permission.....

NOBODY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
              opinions dont matter in Islam , it is either Islam allows it or doesnt , so those jahill opinions arent welcome in a muslim forum.

its perfectly wise to call some1 jahill who would say men shouldnt marry unless they have so and so , marriage in itself brings rizq and there is no limits placed on it like the ones being said by Allah(swt) then who are we to place such restrictions on marriage?
              not only are there not any restrictions but we see in the hadith of the prophet :saw: that the prophet :saw: has encouraged people in POVERTY to get married.

ill be happy if someone digs up that hadith.

but this is the thing, we think money must come before marriage but actually marriage brings with it the blessings of Allah.
              70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

We need to understand one thing a girl feels comfort at her parents house or in her own house with her husband, and vice versa for the guy. However living with the other spouses parents is uncomfortable for many.

It's a different case if your parents are ill, disabled or lonely. I'm sure many girls wouldn't mind staying with them however the guy should do the same to her parents.

It doesn't matter if you buy a house next door or on the same street as your parents, but as long as you have one so the husband and wife can have some privacy it's all good then.

Comment

You guys realize,

every individual should consult the knowledgeable people about their specific situation to decide what Allah wants them to do.

you all arguing each other over who should stay with who and who has what right is ridiculous. e.g. in certain situation it is not acceptable for the wife to move in due to his brothers being non-mahram.

other situation, he might have only his mother left alive and no siblings and its haram for him to abandon her.

so let the people deal with their individual situation.
                  Last edited by عبد المنعم; 22-06-14, 11:03 PM.

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

Originally posted by Revertbrother View Post

NOBODY!!!
                    Yeah you better run :badguy:

Comment

Originally posted by عبد المنعم View Post
                      not only are there not any restrictions but we see in the hadith of the prophet :saw: that the prophet :saw: has encouraged people in POVERTY to get married.

ill be happy if someone digs up that hadith.

but this is the thing, we think money must come before marriage but actually marriage brings with it the blessings of Allah.
                      And marry the unmarried among you and the righteous among your male slaves and female slaves. If they should be poor, Allah will enrich them from His bounty, and Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.
                      http://quran.com/24/32

Comment

Originally posted by عبد المنعم View Post
                        You guys realize,

every individual should consult the knowledgeable people about their specific situation to decide what Allah wants them to do.

you all arguing each other over who should stay with who and who has what right is ridiculous.
                        LOL good point! None of us are even married yet we're telling others how to live their married lives :rofl1:

Comment

a possible solution for sisters....:

how bout selling your parents house and buying one near your husband's or if husband has his own house then build another floor for your parents!!

"Larki kabhi fudak k idhar kabhi fudak k udhar.... din bharr Larki fudakti rahegi"
                          dono family khush....
                          I still think my solution is best.
                          مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                          It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                          Surah al-Baqarah
                          [2:245]

.:.
                          .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                            And marry the unmarried among you and the righteous among your male slaves and female slaves. If they should be poor, Allah will enrich them from His bounty, and Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.
                            http://quran.com/24/32
                            :jkk:

but there is an actual hadith where a poor man came to the prophet :saw: and asked what he should do and he told this man to get married.

so he went back to his mom and told her and she was shocked but she thought its the prophet :saw: saying this so they got him married to the girl next door and later they saw him rich. this same man, Allah made him rich after he got married.

PLEASE someone find that hadith, i 100% heard it in a jum'ah khutba because it hit me hard. i used to think you need x,y,z for marriage before.

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
                            LOL good point! None of us are even married yet we're telling others how to live their married lives :rofl1:
                            and tbh i made a similar thread about this but thats because i am looking for naseeha and wanna know what is the correct Hukm.

this thread is just people bashing each other for no benefit.

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                              I still think my solution is best.
                              u must be "she"......

Comment

Um, I kind of wish you didn't use that hadith though, only because it implies that brothers are poor when our living situation is light years ahead of those Sahabah who had actual problems. Also, they were Arabs and Africans and in our culture you don't stay at home. Back then, once they get married the families would build them a house. So to use that as a means to say, "It's okay to live at home." Is a bit of a stretch.

Not saying it's haram to live at home with your parents, I'm not, but you can work and rent a place if you really wanted to. If you don't, then don't. The sisters here won't marry you and to the sisters, the brothers here won't marry you either, so let's limit the arguing, eh? Save it for the person you'll marry.

u must be "she"......
                                ?

So my idea isn't a good one?
                                مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                                It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                                Surah al-Baqarah
                                [2:245]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X