Why do men want to get married but stay living at home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do men want to get married but stay living at home

So I gather from this forum that men in certain communities like to get married.........then stay living at home with their mum.

What's that about? Is there any sense or logic to this, or does it serve a purpose?

I would imagine most men would want their own house once married, for things like privacy (use your imagination). Maybe he wants to cuddle up to his wife on the sofa or something. Can you behave like this if your mum is sat watching tv with you? Maybe the wife doesn't want to wear hijab around the house all the time. How can she dress in something nice for her husband if his dad, brothers and mum are around all the time?

Is it because they can't bear to be apart from their Mums or they don't know how to live alone (pay bills, maintain the house etc)?

are there any brothers who prefer to live at home than to have their own space with their wife?

the best part about being married is having your own home with your hubby for lots and lots reasons i will not post here

Re: Why do men want to get married but stay living at home

nobody makes dinner quite like good ol mama
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

yeah but is that a reason to stay living with mummy when your married lol? Just learn to make the dinner yourself and move out (not you personally)

Comment

Well, some can't afford getting their own house yet, and it seems that in certain cultures, they just live with the parents.
        Also, some may have sick parents and have to take care of them.

Also, if they wanna live at home, they at least should tell their wife that before she marries him. There was a thread on a guy who didn't tell his wifethe truth and ended up with a huge hassle.

And it would suck to live with brother in laws, especially if she is a niqabi.
        Last edited by Grimmjow; 20-06-14, 08:38 PM.
        www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

speaking seriously, it prolly has to do with him wanting to take care of his parents and making sure they are ok
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Comment

This is why I can't marry Asian men sorry.

I've had a proposal awhile back couldn't accept it cause I can't be told leave your parents and come serve and live with mine.

Nah ah.

If he loves his parents so much he best believe I love mine just as much and there's no way I'm leaving mine to look after his...

Unless my parents can come live with us! Only then I'd happily agree.

He didn't like that he said.

Double standards much....

Comment

What about this scenario:

I have a 2 bedroom flat connected to my house. It's actually a separate (detached) building.

Is that acceptable?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Salma~ View Post

I've had a proposal awhile back couldn't accept it cause I can't be told leave your parents and come serve and live with mine.

Nah ah.

If he loves his parents so much he best believe I love mine just as much and there's no way I'm leaving mine to look after his...

Lol yeah.

See i understand if parents are really ill and they need care around the clock and there's no other person to look after them (or they can't share the task with brothers and sisters)

but from what I've read on this forum, women usually end up just serving their parents in laws.

i don't understand why people would want to live like that

Comment

Nah ah.

Do people actually expect their wives to serve their parents?

Not a single couple I know has this expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
                    What about this scenario:

I have a 2 bedroom flat connected to my house. It's actually a separate (detached) building.

Is that acceptable?
                    dunno. depends really

i would hate the idea of my parents / brothers and sisters in law just being able to walk in any time. i might just be chilling out in house clothes or pj's and they can just walk in.

no privacy

Comment

Do people actually expect their wives to serve their parents?

Not a single couple I know has this expectation.
                      I'm just going by what I've read on this forum. Apparantly some women go live with her husband and parents in law, and she ends up cooking and cleaning for them most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainyday View Post
                        dunno. depends really

i would hate the idea of my parents / brothers and sisters in law just being able to walk in any time. i might just be chilling out in house clothes or pj's and they can just walk in.

no privacy
                        But they can't just walk in.

It's a separate building. It's not linked to the main house. keys and everything.

Comment

Nah ah.

Lol just have the entire clan under one roof..I love it.
                          Mrs B

Comment

Originally posted by Rainyday View Post
                            I'm just going by what I've read on this forum. Apparantly some women go live with her husband and parents in law, and she ends up cooking and cleaning for them most of the time.
                            what is the percentage?

Comment

But they can't just walk in.

It's a separate building. It's not connected to the main house. keys and everything.
                              That's fine
                              Mrs B

Comment

Working...
                              X