Asexual Marriage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asexual Marriage

Go marry someone who shares your same world view. Problem solved. Case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveIsTheAnswer View Post
      I am just asking a hypothetical question and I am not specifically asking a question about an Islamic marriage but marriage in general.

How would a girl feel marrying a man who is asexual. This would mean that you would never have sex with him since he lacks any desire to have sex at all. I myself am asexual and it is hard to tell others that I really have no interest in sex, I do not care about it, I do not want it and I find it ridiculous. This of course always leaves people in disbelief because they do not see how one cannot have a sexual orientation.
      Can any girl here wrap her mind around having a sexless but happy marriage? Is sex really required to be in a relationship(marriage) with someone?
      Well, if there is a mentality match, it would be wonderful. Like having a very very close friend with you always!

(goodness this is the marriage section isn't it. Muslima London told me to stay clear...better run)
      Watch those eyes

Comment

No thanks. Wanna have bunches of kids.
        ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

So long as he kept up his other husband duties (loving, caring, supporting) a lot of women would be ok with it. There are asexual women out there too or women with no massive interest in intimacy

Comment

I guess there are two ways of dealing with it:

1) is to get yourself checked out medically in case there is some sort of hormone imbalance that is causing this and find out if it can be remedied or

2) find a woman who is okay with this as maybe there are asexual women out there. I've heard in some cases women who are victims of rape or abuse can fear sex anyway and maybe still want to be in a relationship without a sexual component so it can happen and maybe even work for some people.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

LITA is a hipster.

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
                How long has this been going on? Perhaps you are suffering from low testosterone. If you are really asexual then why the need to be in a relationship?
                thats what I'm thinking. coule be low testosterone. or some males just naturally have a lower sex drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
                  So long as he kept up his other husband duties (loving, caring, supporting) a lot of women would be ok with it. There are asexual women out there too or women with no massive interest in intimacy

Are you crazy?

You must be coocoo sis. Sorry, OP but I and any other normal women couldn't live with that.

Sex is fundamental to any marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
                    Are you crazy?

You must be coocoo sis. Sorry, OP but I and any other normal women couldn't live with that.

Sex is fundamental to any marriage.
                    Nope she is on point.

Many women esp. later on in marriage just go off sex completely.

You seem to have a naïve dreamy view of the world. (And I don't really blame you. Many unmarried women because they don't know it and wonder what it is like, think it's a bigger thing than it is.)

Comment

Originally posted by Wave&Smile View Post
                      Nope she is on point.

Many women esp. later on in marriage just go off sex completely.

You seem to have a naïve dreamy view of the world. (And I don't really blame you. Many unmarried women because they don't know it and wonder what it is like, think it's a bigger thing than it is.)

Hmm.

Interesting.

But you can't go off it COMPLETELY.

Maybe for a while, but surely, 'biology' brings you back up. Ahaha

Comment

brothers and sisters please don't feed the Trolls, like this LoveIsTheAnswer character,

:jkk:
                        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

:start: (In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful)

Well, the good thing is that people have previously thought up this; so, I suppose you're not alone in history. For example, during the time of free love in the U.S., there was a reactionary backlash in some parts which resulted in some persons deciding that marriage did not have to include physical intimacy, and therefore they resolved to have celibate marriages. So, I suppose that it can happen and some men and women can be happy to be in such marriages. However, the people in celibate marriages did die out and so did the philosophy with them, which was a reaction to what they saw as immorality, selfishness, and self-interested love. (I apologize if there is confusion in time period as my U.S. history is rusty; but this is from what I remember in U.S. history course).

So, yes, some females can wrap their mind around happy celibate marriages; and physical intimacy is not a criterion for marriage always. That being said, I think males will find it particularly difficult from the get-go to be in celibate marriages than women. Also, the time-honored notion of marriage has always been for the purpose of finding intimacy (of whatever nature) in a divinely sanctioned relationship. Therefore, to deny oneself one of the core and beautiful aspects of marriage that can also result in spiritual union is not very wise.

Also, you may believe that you are asexual; but that does not believe it will remain true always as you may find yourself later in your life or even in a celibate marriage wanting to translate mental and emotional attraction to a person if the potential for physical attraction is there into physical union. So, please weigh all pros and cons if you decide to marry and be flexible if you later change your mind. Life sometimes has a unique way of upsetting our most cherished opinions about ourselves and also our well-thought-out plans when we least expect it.

Take care.

Comment

considering that is apparetly a very common issue that men find that their partner has no desire for it - I think you wont have a problem. Good luck

Comment

is this a joke? islamically one of the reason of marriage is to reproduce and increase the ummahs population.

Comment

Originally posted by hamza1d1 View Post
                                is this a joke? islamically one of the reason of marriage is to reproduce and increase the ummahs population.
                                Akhi the Op is a known Troll, just ignore it and it's posts.
                                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                                X