X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does getting married automatically transform you into SUperCoolAwesome

:salams

this is an observation i made,

people get married and *SWOOOOSH* they are so cooool man, no more of those silly undignified jokes, less caring about what others think, calmer...more mature. more content (theres even all these researches done about how much happier and healthier married people are to singles). i mean Even Adam was missing something (DESPITE BEING IN JANNAH!!) until he got his wife as a gift from Allah.

did you guys notice people changing like this after marriage? or am i just living in fairytale land?

(Disclaimer: I know first of All that a Muslim finds his true hapiness in salah and with his/her relationship with Allah. but we were also created to need a companion, this cannot be denied)

(Second Disclaimer: i know some married people don't behave mature etc. etc. but there is always exceptions to the rule and i mean its more relative. so compare the person to how they themselves were before marriage. also the one particular person i am thinking about is divorced so maybe after divorce the superCoolAwesome marriage effects wear off? [maf horo afa, tumare example use khorilese ])
    Last edited by عبد المنعم; 11-06-14, 10:58 PM.
    70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Re: Does getting married automatically transform you into SUperCoolAwesome

maf horo afa, tumare example use khorilese??
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Before marriage: girls/guys are trying to impress everyone so they get good recommendation for marriage. Its not like you only have to impress the girl, you have to impress every aunty that comes in your view because you never know who could bring a proposal & who might be questioned for your character.............. so my stress and need to be "cool"

After marriage: Its done, no need to impress anyone, maybe the husband/wife but forget those crazy aunts who were always looking you up/down & inquring about you to see if you are good enough for their neighbors cousins nephew. So can chill a little bit

Comment

Does getting married automatically transform you into SUperCoolAwesome

It does, you're more mature
        إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
          Before marriage: girls/guys are trying to impress everyone so they get good recommendation for marriage. Its not like you only have to impress the girl, you have to impress every aunty that comes in your view because you never know who could bring a proposal & who might be questioned for your character.............. so my stress and need to be "cool"

After marriage: Its done, no need to impress anyone, maybe the husband/wife but forget those crazy aunts who were always looking you up/down & inquring about you to see if you are good enough for their neighbors cousins nephew. So can chill a little bit
          lol before marriage you are looking for marriage at it is seen as this massive challenge everyone is trying to tackle at some point

after you get married... you've done that massive challenge, now you're looking for the next one lol :rofl1:

Comment

I think what you've noticed is the honeymoon period, it soon wears off

Comment

Definently.

You most definently have a point there brother. Once some of my friends got married they became:

- more mature
              - more content
              - more settled in their life and goal plans
              - more calmer (must have some antidote we don't have - but I swear that's the one outcome which became the most apparent to me in married people)

Comment

Well since they have another person to take care of besides themselves, that extra responsibility would definitely make them more mature (hopefully).
                www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

You're right.

After marriage, I grew in maturity, increased my self esteem/self confidence and was generally a lot more chilled out.
                  https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Waalaikumussalam.

After marriage you become fat.
                    Wife feeding you and all.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                      Waalaikumussalam.

I've seen that

I just wonder how much weight I'll put on because my husband will be a masterchef and he'll be doing the cooking because he enjoys it- so not my problem. I eat the food, he cooks the food. win win situation, right?

He'll think to himself his blessed to have a wife like me that appreciates and actually has time to eat food.

Some people I have seen change a bit, BUT I HOPE I DON'T. no way can't handle the moody mature act- nah thanks. don't get me wrong I snap sometimes but no I will not tolerate without some silliness here and there.
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

heck no!

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                          It does, you're more mature
                          :brf:
                          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                            Waalaikumussalam.

Akhi!!!! we are not all Fatso's

:jkk:
                            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                              Akhi!!!! we are not all Fatso's

:jkk:
                              What to do akhi,
                              They sit with you till you finish the food.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Working...
                              X