Spending on one's wife

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spending on one's wife

I have noticed some people find it difficult to spend on the wife and other simply love it,

Here's a Hadith I'll like to mention before asking something :

A man will be rewarded for his spending on his wife, as al-Bukhaari (1295) and Muslim (1628) narrated from Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will never spend anything seeking thereby the Countenance of Allaah, but you will be rewarded for it, even (the morsel) that you put in your wife’s mouth.”

I was wondering how many men actually find pleasure in spending on their wifes and y
    And how many find it difficult,
    And is it better for the man to offer things to the wife himself or for the woman to ask for what she wants,

And is the problem that men r too stingy/greedy or women demand more,

I mean I don't see y some men would not like spending of their wife, it's rewarded as in sadqah and also emotionally pleasurable,,
    Last edited by m7md; 22-11-14, 04:12 PM.

Re: Spending on one's wife

I'm a sucker for this... if I see my wife sees something she really likes, I will buy it. I am content with taking cheap options for myself... but I like my wife to have what she wants (if I can afford it).

For example... I like playing games on computer, so I searched for a cheap computer with a decent graphics card.. even though the case and screen are low quality. My wife only ever watches movies, reads articles and skypes her family and friends. Yet her computer is way more powerful than mine, has an even better graphics card and was twice as expensive - but I got it because she said it 'looks very nice' :D

Comment

Originally posted by Aslan80 View Post
      I'm a sucker for this... if I see my wife sees something she really likes, I will buy it. I am content with taking cheap options for myself... but I like my wife to have what she wants (if I can afford it).

For example... I like playing games on computer, so I searched for a cheap computer with a decent graphics card.. even though the case and screen are low quality. My wife only ever watches movies, reads articles and skypes her family and friends. Yet her computer is way more powerful than mine, has an even better graphics card and was twice as expensive - but I got it because she said it 'looks very nice' :D
      Gamers FTW!!!
      You could have bought PS4 akhi!!!
      And a question... how in the world do u manage to resist urself from playing on her PC?
      I mean if it was me.... I would have run all the cool games at max settings while she is busy cooking/cleaning...

Comment

Originally posted by Aslan80 View Post

That's sweet. My husbands the same. He strives to get me what I want. But having said that, I've never, ever asked him for anything.

I've always got him what he wants too.

And yes, there's truly pleasure I'm seeing the one you love appreciate what you've got them.
        https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
          That's sweet. My husbands the same. He strives to get me what I want. But having said that, I've never, ever asked him for anything.

I've always got him what he wants too.

And yes, there's truly pleasure I'm seeing the one you love appreciate what you've got them.
          Then how do u convey what u want if u never ever ask lol , just wondering,
          And it's the man's responsibility to provide for his wife, not the wifes

Comment

Yes, the mentality of many of the brothers on here is that if a woman likes money then she is a gold-digger.

Funny how they preach religion but forget what certain sunnahs are.

Do you think women enjoy giving husbands sex whenever he demands it? No, but she does it because its a sunnah.

And you will find many brothers on here screaming that to a woman 'you HAVE to say yes otherwise its a gunnah'

but then they get all defensive when a woman says she wants her husband to spend money on here and out come the insults of calling her a gold-digger or saying she is no better than a prostitute - um, ITS SUNNAH GUYS, you HAVE to GIVE and TAKE, not just expect her to give you want you want but not give her anything in return.

And yes - those who complain are the incredibly stringy ones or are poor (as much as they love to deny it, its so obvious lol!). And you've be surprised how many of them are stingy, even the most devout of brothers don't want to have their wives spending their precious money but do want their wives to give them sex all the time. ahhh typical men, only know what their own rights are but rarely know what the rights of the wife are!
            Last edited by Asma28; 09-06-14, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind spending money on the wife unless she asks for overpriced handbags ¬_¬

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
                I wouldn't mind spending money on the wife unless she asks for overpriced handbags ¬_¬
                Er, well a lot of them do like designer handbags and will probably ask for one on special occassions so I'd start saving if I was you.

Don't be so tight, most of them only cost around $200 - $300, lul is that a lot of money for you? :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
                  Yes, the mentality of many of the brothers on here is that if a woman likes money then she is a gold-digger.

Do you think women enjoy giving husbands sex whenever he demands it? No, but she does it because its a sunnah.

And you will find many brothers on here screaming that to a woman 'you HAVE to say yes otherwise its a gunnah'

but then they get all defensive when a woman says she wants her husband to spend money on here and out come the insults of calling her a gold-digger or saying she is no better than a prostitute - um, ITS SUNNAH GUYS, you HAVE to GIVE and TAKE, not just expect her to give you want you want but not give her anything in return.

And yes - those who complain and the incredibly stringy ones. And you've be surprised how many of them are stingy, even the most devout of brothers don't want to have their wives spending their precious money but do want their wives to give them sex all the time. ahhh typical men, only know what the rights of the wife are but rarely know what their own rights are!

I would never think or accept a woman wanting her husband to spend money on her as a gold digger. Since he's her husband, other word I won't even want to mention ,
                  I'd say best giving is without expectations to take, coz then it's pure , and pure also for the receiver,

I guess apart from a man being stingy it's also coz he finds her demands to be weird/useless , as in buying more cloths , shoes, bags etc.. U know what I mean,

Comment

Originally posted by CECC View Post
                    Er, well a lot of them do like designer handbags and will probably ask for one on special occassions so I'd start saving if I was you.

Don't be so tight, most of them only cost around $200 - $300, lul is that a lot of money for you? :rotfl:
                    Dear they cost about $4000-10000 lol , not 300 ,

Comment

Originally posted by m7md View Post
                      Then how do u convey what u want if u never ever ask lol , just wondering,
                      And it's the man's responsibility to provide for his wife, not the wifes
                      He lives with me. He knows my likes and dislikes.

And I don't provide for him. I buy him presents. There's a diff.
                      https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

And yes - those who complain are the incredibly stringy ones or are poor (as much as they love to deny it, its so obvious lol!). And you've be surprised how many of them are stingy, even the most devout of brothers don't want to have their wives spending their precious money but do want their wives to give them sex all the time. ahhh typical men, only know what their own rights are but rarely know what the rights of the wife are!

If a man compares his wife with a prostitute , he is living a life in complete ignorance , he needs to take a break from his day to day life and do a serious self assessment.

Comment

I would never think or accept a woman wanting her husband to spend money on her as a gold digger. Since he's her husband, other word I won't even want to mention ,
                          I'd say best giving is without expectations to take, coz then it's pure , and pure also for the receiver,

I guess apart from a man being stingy it's also coz he finds her demands to be weird/useless , as in buying more cloths , shoes, bags etc.. U know what I mean,
                          Yeah I know, I wasn't talking about you brother. yesterday on one of my threads i made a light-hearted joke about how i'd like to have a husband who lets me use his credit card and some idiot said I was no better than a prostitute. wow the poor brother must have no money whatsoever if he doesn't like hearing comments like that. sadly on matrimonial websites too i hear brothers with a whole list of demands 'she must be beautiful, she must dress well for me, she must look after my family, she must be respectful, she must be willing to look after the house' etc but them makes arrogant comments like 'she must make her own money too because i don't want her spending all mine'... i'm like 'um - what?' do these men even have a brain? you want her to ideally be a housewife but if shes not working how is she supposed to support herself financially? hate those huge lists of selfish demands - i want, i want, i want but i'm not willing to give her anything in return.

and i agree, i don't like anyone should be too materialistic to put clothes and shoes and bags on top of everything. and so any wife who constantly wants to go out shopping that is ridiculous, but just because a wife says she likes to have money spent on her doesn't necessarily mean she is a shopaholic. i mean i say it but i only go shopping about 3 or 4 times a year, i don't go weekly.

its just nice to know the option is there, every woman likes a gentleman who will happily spend to make his wife happy. so many men are single as a result of their refusal to do so.

Comment

Dear they cost about $4000-10000 lol , not 300 ,
                            Well I don't know where your wife takes you shopping but I recently brought myself a designer DKNY bag for $300 so... yeah.

Comment

Yeah I know, I wasn't talking about you brother. yesterday on one of my threads i made a light-hearted joke about how i'd like to have a husband who lets me use his credit card and some idiot said I was no better than a prostitute. wow the poor brother must have no money whatsoever if he doesn't like hearing comments like that. sadly on matrimonial websites too i hear brothers with a whole list of demands 'she must be beautiful, she must dress well for me, she must look after my family, she must be respectful, she must be willing to look after the house' etc but them makes arrogant comments like 'she must make her own money too because i don't want her spending all mine'... i'm like 'um - what?' do these men even have a brain? you want her to ideally be a housewife but if shes not working how is she supposed to support herself financially? hate those huge lists of selfish demands - i want, i want, i want but i'm not willing to give her anything in return.

and i agree, i don't like anyone should be too materialistic to put clothes and shoes and bags on top of everything. and so any wife who constantly wants to go out shopping that is ridiculous, but just because a wife says she likes to have money spent on her doesn't necessarily mean she is a shopaholic. i mean i say it but i only go shopping about 3 or 4 times a year, i don't go weekly.

its just nice to know the option is there, every woman likes a gentleman who will happily spend to make his wife happy. so many men are single as a result of their refusal to do so.
                              It's so sad that a man would say such to a girl in an open forum, that's so not true,
                              Many men do give CCs to their wifes willingly,
                              It's a disgrace for a man to demand his wife to support herself for his manhood I would say, may Allah protect us,

Many times things r just normal but coz how other talk of them , ppl without experiencing them see them as such a big issue and problem ,

Comment

Working...
                              X