Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the under cover racism?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why the under cover racism?

    I am a Caucasian Muslim who has been practicing Islam for over twenty years. I have a master's degree in Islamic Studies and Insha-Allah am attending the University of Medina this fall to get my PhD. My question is this, why is it that people are good enough to give khutbah for jumah prayer and lead prayers at the masjid but when looking for a wife I am told that I cannot marry someone because she is an Arab and I am not? Will we as Muslims ever get rid of the stereotypes that we carry with us?

  • #2
    Re: Why the under cover racism?

    Yes many people in the Ummah are exceptionally racist and hold tribal customs dearly to their heart. It's an utter shame.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why the under cover racism?

      I don't think it's racism.. its matter of preference!
      "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why the under cover racism?

        Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
        I don't think it's racism.. its matter of preference!
        To further explain, the sister wanted to marry me also and she was Saudi. Her father said no because I wasn't an Arab. (his words).

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why the under cover racism?

          Originally posted by Isa1978 View Post
          To further explain, the sister wanted to marry me also and she was Saudi. Her father said no because I wasn't an Arab. (his words).
          Sabr Akhee! insha'Allah you'll find someone more suitable and since Ramadhan is coming up concentrate on Ramadhan and make extra Du'a.

          Insha'Allah you have your Islamic studies to concentrate on.. maybe it's not good time for marriage.

          There is goodness in everything.. we just don't know it!

          May Allah ta'ala bless you with a suitable partner and increase you in knowledge with success in life. ameen
          "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why the under cover racism?

            Reminds me of this story this black brother mentioned. He became Muslim and was befriended by alot of Asians.
            He was their akey.
            Time came for marriage, he asked for a sister's hand through her brother.
            Brother of sister: we're brothers, but not that kinda brothers.

            Times are changing though, these backward idiots are dying out slowly and are being replaced by good folks, who dont care for such nonsense.
            There is rest only in the aakhira.
            Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

            - Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

            If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
            and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
            then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

            - Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

            I saw a dog without any clothes on .
            That's right, a nude dog.
            The Deepweb is disgusting.
            - Unknown -


            Links
            The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
            Inheritors of Qur'aan

            Download Links




            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Why the under cover racism?

              its not just arabs asians are the same (many of them)

              just ignorance really
              The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
              (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
              In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Why the under cover racism?

                Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
                its not just arabs asians are the same (many of them)

                just ignorance really
                True! same same but different.... lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Why the under cover racism?

                  Originally posted by -Jibril- View Post
                  Reminds me of this story this black brother mentioned. He became Muslim and was befriended by alot of Asians.
                  He was their akey.
                  Time came for marriage, he asked for a sister's hand through her brother.
                  Brother of sister: we're brothers, but not that kinda brothers.

                  Times are changing though, these backward idiots are dying out slowly and are being replaced by good folks, who dont care for such nonsense.
                  Ouch... It is comments like this and the OPs, that puts a huge strain on brotherhood/sisterhood. Most likely these folks were 'practising' brothers too smh.

                  Racisim is a problem in the Ummah, probably my main reason for not opting for interracial. Even if you find someone that is God-fearing, chances are they have jahl relatives
                  Last edited by Ni'mah; 03-06-14, 04:16 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Why the under cover racism?

                    its not undercover.

                    the white people are more undercover than us when it comes to racism. its not just Arabs but most of the Muslim world, Including my own country.
                    70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel


                    Tawheed Series - click

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Why the under cover racism?

                      Originally posted by عبد المنعم View Post
                      its not undercover.

                      the white people are more undercover than us when it comes to racism. its not just Arabs but most of the Muslim world, Including my own country.
                      Pretty much it is 'in your face' racism.

                      To the OP- I think you are better off looking for someone else because some Saudis won't allow their daughters to marry a Muslim Arab.

                      Unfortunately this is also true for some Muslims of other cultural backgrounds.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Why the under cover racism?

                        :salams:

                        Sadly although some Muslims are closed minded, we are all not like this. Fortunately my family are not racists or backwards like this. It is very much due to culture and the feeling of superiority and arrogance amongst some Muslims. Just make lots of dua and pray night prayers, i still thoroughly believe Allah (swt) will send someone to you.

                        It sadness me that there is some many 'issues' for some people in this ummah stemming from selfishness and ignorance. I have been having my own problems with regards to marriage, and it has nothing to do with my colour. But i very much have to deal with jahil, selfish people who cannot break out of their silly cultureness towards my situation. And this is the men, whom i thought generally do not need to seek permission from their parents for marriage a woman but their parents still have a lot to say towards my situation. Family do sadly influence a lot in their children's lives, although it can be good, if the intentions and concerns are right, but in this day, it is leading to fitnah and problems as most of the time it is not at all from Islam or the sunnah.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Why the under cover racism?

                          Originally posted by Isa1978 View Post
                          I am a Caucasian Muslim who has been practicing Islam for over twenty years. I have a master's degree in Islamic Studies and Insha-Allah am attending the University of Medina this fall to get my PhD. My question is this, why is it that people are good enough to give khutbah for jumah prayer and lead prayers at the masjid but when looking for a wife I am told that I cannot marry someone because she is an Arab and I am not? Will we as Muslims ever get rid of the stereotypes that we carry with us?
                          That's not racism. That's preference. Same like why I would never wear a yellow colour shirt. That doesn't mean I'm racist towards yellow people.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Why the under cover racism?

                            Originally posted by birdman View Post
                            That's not racism. That's preference. Same like why I would never wear a yellow colour shirt. That doesn't mean I'm racist towards yellow people.
                            wow

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Why the under cover racism?

                              Originally posted by Isa1978 View Post
                              I am a Caucasian Muslim who has been practicing Islam for over twenty years. I have a master's degree in Islamic Studies and Insha-Allah am attending the University of Medina this fall to get my PhD. My question is this, why is it that people are good enough to give khutbah for jumah prayer and lead prayers at the masjid but when looking for a wife I am told that I cannot marry someone because she is an Arab and I am not? Will we as Muslims ever get rid of the stereotypes that we carry with us?
                              They like you as a person. They like you as a community member. They like you as a human. They like you as a son of Adam.

                              But they would NEVER like you as a 'son in law'. Just like you get friendzoned or brotherzoned by some woman. The same way arabs have 'no rishta' zonified you.

                              However, have you considered a japanese/chinese wife? Now if you say you won't marry a japanese then ur being racist brother.
                              Last edited by birdman; 03-06-14, 07:17 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X