Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is marriage ceremony such a big dream for our sisters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is marriage ceremony such a big dream for our sisters?

I had a simple but beautiful wedding.

The house was full of barakah and noor. Literally. Two of my most pious mashaaikh were in my house a few days beforehand and that was all I needed and yearned for.

Nothing else really mattered to meet.

I had no music no photos everything was segregated.....

If I get married again inshaAllah things will be even simpler. .....InshaAllah.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post

The house was full of barakah and noor. Literally. Two of my most pious mashaaikh were in my house a few days beforehand and that was all I needed and yearned for.

ok

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
        because they grow up with disney
        salaams to all

not to mention Hollywood & Bollywood

its true though
        many sisters dream of their wedding being a grand affair
        those that prefer a small wedding, most of the time their reason is NOT to follow sunnah but because of other reasons

we all know the hadith that the nikah with the least expenses is the one with the most barakah

so why would any muslim want to start off their married life in this way?

there are exceptions where both the boy n girl want a simple wedding but their parents & other family members just go ahead & do their own thing
        insha allah, these types of newlyweds are not regarded as having wasted money in their wedding

since the situation was beyond their control

and Allah ta'ala knows best
        jazakallah
        Last edited by msmoorad; 12-09-14, 09:05 PM.
        Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
        very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post

:masha: That sounds beautiful :)

Comment

My wedding will be big not because I'm a bad Muslim who doesn't want Barakah of a small wedding but because my family is massive and inviting them all and my future inlaws is just going to result in a big wedding.

It's not just about the two getting married families want to celebrate too. So I disagree with this notion/opinion people hold that big weddings= not practicing, bad people is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Salma~ View Post
              My wedding will be big not because I'm a bad Muslim who doesn't want Barakah of a small wedding but because my family is massive and inviting them all and my future inlaws is just going to result in a big wedding.

It's not just about the two getting married families want to celebrate too. So I disagree with this notion/opinion people hold that big weddings= not practicing, bad people is just wrong.
              salaams to all

why would having lots of people at the wedding have to mean its going to be lavish & extravagant?
              just feed them all- thats not extravagance

whats wrong is how its all done:
              the extra stuff
              the frills n the fancies

even if its a million people-and u just fed them all- its still not extravagance
              but if its just 20 people & theres unnecessary expenses- that would be extravagance

do u get the idea?

and Allah ta'ala knows best
              jazakallah
              Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
              very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

The marriage ceremony is not a big dream for me. I don't like people looking at me or being the centre of attention.

:wswrwb:

Comment

My 4th wedding is gonna be simple, cos the first 3 cleaned me out
                  Last edited by chameleon; 13-09-14, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Don't know what kind of women you meet, but there are women (yes really) who don't fancy all that glitter glamour wedding shizzle.
                    Brothers want like 4 wives, can't even handle like 5 prayers.

Comment

Working...
                    X