Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is marriage ceremony such a big dream for our sisters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is marriage ceremony such a big dream for our sisters?

Assalamualykum

No I didn't make this thread for starting a male vs female, so please don't start it.

I'm just curious, just wanna understand female mind better.

Sisters, why do most of the women dream so big about a grand marriage ceremony, where they will dress like a princess? I mean every women who I heard talking about marriage seemed to be expecting a lot to happen in her marriage ceremony, why is it so? Why is this fascination about this occasion where you are effectively entering the trickiest part of life?

Please answer.

Re: Why is marriage ceremony such a big dream for our sisters?

because they grow up with disney
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Walaykumsalam

Some sisters have genuinely waited for this their whole lives, and some families save up for their daughters wedding right after they give birth to her. Lool.

That is not me btw, i want a simple wedding, a simple and small little wedding in the masjid. I want to dress up like a princess though, because it's your wedding init, you need to look good for your husband and because that day is just special. *dreams*
      Last edited by iRepIslam; 29-05-14, 09:29 PM.
      The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

I don't think all sisters want a grand wedding, who does on here? tell me?

I don't know, because I'm different I actually don't understand myself, maybe because it's all fun and show? or because it's a special day and they want to look good? or have a nice time as single woman before doomsday begins?

Disney?? only a few dream like that, bless their hearts they just wanna be a pwincess
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

:)
          Last edited by dizzyfish; 04-03-15, 01:12 AM.

Comment

It's the day you meet your Prince!

Of course your going to dream about it and love it and everything!
            We're women we love all that cooey stuff!

Comment

What's wrong with being a princess?
              It's not like I will get married everyday so why not make it special.

And it's possible to have a wedding and still be glamorous and feel like a princess.

You don't need to have an extravagant wedding to do that.

Comment

Why do you men assume all of us women are like that

As long as I have my chocolate/marble cake there then it can be in my living room, not even the whole house lol
                "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

Coz all our friends have had big weddings innit and if we have a small wedding people might think we're not all that special ( not me!!!!)

But I have heard people commenting on weddings of only girls expecting the weddings to be a grand affair coz it's the only daughter blah blah blah or if Yhe family is rich or if there are loads of brothers then the expectations are higher
                  Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Dont ruin your happiness with worry, and dont ruin your mind with pessimism. Dont ruin your success with deception and dont ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Dont ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                  __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                  If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnt prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaas being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so dont ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1 View Post
                    Why do you men assume all of us women are like that

As long as I have my chocolate/marble cake there then it can be in my living room, not even the whole house lol
                    that's how I used to think, I WANT MY CAKE, forget the other stuff.

the cake is the real deal, has to be smothered in cream, *mouthwatering
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I wouldn't want a huge wedding ceremony. Waste of money and not worth my mental health (I would freak out being watched by so many people)

I would prefer going to the courthouse and getting married, but I don't know if that's allowed in Islam. Don't see why it would be a problem

Comment

Originally posted by ~Salma~ View Post
                        What's wrong with being a princess?
                        It's not like I will get married everyday so why not make it special.

And it's possible to have a wedding and still be glamorous and feel like a princess.

You don't need to have an extravagant wedding to do that.
                        the problem with thinking like this is that you are saying, the wedding day is the peak. you gotta live it up on that day.

how i view it personally is that the wedding day should be a humble beginning to something amazing and it should get better and better. :insha: and if you worked together to please Allah then you would enter jannah together. :bi:
                        Last edited by عبد المنعم; 29-05-14, 10:18 PM.
                        70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

:start:

:wswrwb:

I just want a very simple wedding like other sisters mentioned; but of course, yes, I want to look as beautiful as possible as other sisters also mentioned (and yes, like a princess). I'd also like to spend as little money as possible on the mehndi, shaadi, and walima because I think that is the recipe for barakah as a hadith of Prophet :saw: also attests.

However, I probably won't get my wish for a simple wedding because I have too many desi relatives all over the map in the U.S., and it is simply not going to be possible unless Allah SWT wills otherwise.

Also, in my culture (read Indo-Pak culture), unless you want to spoil relationships with relatives, it is never a good idea to not invite someone or the other even if you think if you're going to have bills from all that hullabaloo of the wedding.

Now, as to answer your question of why the fuss... Well, I once overheard a cynical desi uncle say that the reason outrageous over-the-top marriage ceremony and dressing up in such highbrow fashion (princess-like) is a such a dream of unmarried girls is because they know it is the one time that they can take center stage and feel like the "crowned" beauty queen that's won the beauty competition. Over the years, I have had the opportunity to think about what he said, and I have realized it is probably the truth.

:jkk:

:wswrwb:

Comment

Honestly speaking, i've come to the conclusion you can't have a 'big fancy wedding' and be Islamic about it. It's genuinely too hard to balance. Brides want make up, cakes, dresses, noce hall, foods etc. And then comes the issue of people wanting to take pictures, videos etc.

If you want a proper Islamic wedding, seems like <100 people and home cooking.

I noticed some people however will blow off Islamic protocol for the wedding celebrations such as bride not keeping hijab, small amount of free mixing between relatives of the families and friends at the end to give gifts etc. And cutting of the cake.

A part of me wonders, but maybe too many people are being 'robots'. I mean, we're human and even in the time of the sahabas (ra) there was probably some free mixing occurences. Like a non-mahram may have talked to each other.

Just make sure you remember the deen is explicitly clear that the door of repentance is always open. I suppose even in death, sadqa jariyah offers that for you.
                            I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Simply because people want to brag about it at the end of the day. Showing off, boasting to others, blind copying, extremely cultural and backward mentality.

Compare that to how the Prophet said that the marriage in which the least amount of money is asked has the most barakah (blessing). And also how important it is that the masakeen get to eat from the food of the waleema.

I feel like by engaging in this un-Islamic behavior which leads to 'israaf' (wastefulness) we are setting ourselves to fail in what should be pleasing to Allah .

Comment

Working...
                              X