Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

:start:
    :salams

Kindly share any successful rishta stories you know. "Rishta" means proposal or relationship and in the context of marital search or future marriage in this thread. The purpose of the thread is to spread cheer among marital hopefuls and - uh - also the very hopeless (tongue-in-cheek, btw).

I'll begin...

Recently, I had a cousin in her early 30s and a completely successful doctor (pursuing cardiology) whose mother was at the end of her wits because she could not find her daughter a suitable rishta; and my aunt had also become hopeless about finding her daughter a rishta in the medical field because she was sure no one would want to marry her daughter because she was not the prettiest of her daughters. However, Alhamdhullilah, through the barakah of Allah SWT and His Will, she married unexpectedly to a wonderful, handsome man with great akhlaaq who was also the doctor on which she'd long given up for finding for her daughter. Recently, my aunt visited the couple and their new baby. And Masha-Allah so wonderful an ending to a long, woeful search.

In our distant relatives' circle, there was a woman who was in an emotionally abusive marriage with a man who was less than ideal also otherwise in his treatment of her. In desicircles (and perhaps other cultures even in Muslim context), if a girl is divorced, usually her chances at second marriage prove difficult. However, Alhamdhullilah, she was also able to marry and the man she married was relaxed about her divorce because he'd been divorced himself. And recently, they traveled to Florida to engage in sightseeing and visit Disney and In-sha-Allah they'll soon be blessed with children.

So, yes, bad starts but happy endings! So, if you have any stories, please free to share too.

:wswrwb:

Re: Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

Good thread idea. Usually get horror stories. Guess it's true. More bad stories get heard of than good.
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Re: Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
      Good thread idea. Usually get horror stories. Guess it's true. More bad stories get heard of than good.
      :salams: Yes so true, it is a great idea and so true about the horror stories. I have a few to tell myself, and those are just from my own experiences. But yes, there are good people out there with good marriages. I do not have any stories i can add as i cannot think of them off the top of my head at the moment. I do look forward to hearing some from others on hear inshAllah.

Comment

:salams

:lahawla: I found a very inspiring rishta story online below that I hope you enjoy reading! Fee sabillilah. :jkk:

Excerpt taken from Ifirdous Hubpages

Comment

Masha'allah.

I hope my sisters marriage also comes into this page Insha'Allah.

And my marriage when I decide to go hunting for a wife, hahaha.

Comment

:salams:

In-sha-Allah, it will.

In-sha-Allah yours too. Best wishes for the marriage hunt in advance.

And believe it or not, it really is "hunting" for all the uninitiated peeps reading this thread. Barakallah Feek.

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
            Masha'allah.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
              Masha'allah.

Inshallah

Especially considering how much you complain about her marriage :rotfl:
              I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

There was once a man and a woman, i only have met them recently... their story is amazing
                  they met... got married... there names soon changed to mama and baba

Then i came along!

The end.
                  Bye...

Comment

The first two stories you told I did not like

The other two were good though and they deserve good marriages. Ameen

Comment

Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

Hollah at me in 2/3 years and il tell you my rishta story if it's part of my qadr inshaAllah
                      إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

My husband and I met once then asked to see each other again to make a final decision. Both our families got overexcited and threw an engagement party instead. We decided to go along with it and got married 7 months later. Now nearly 6 years on we're still happily married and have 2 kids.

I just know my story will turn into a Hollywood rom com.
                        "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" Essay on Tolerance, Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Search View Post
                          she was sure no one would want to marry her daughter because she was not the prettiest of her daughters. However, Alhamdhullilah, through the barakah of Allah SWT and His Will, she married unexpectedly to a wonderful, handsome man with great akhlaaq who was also the doctor on which she'd long given up for finding for her daughter.
                          That was a wonderful story. I'm really happy for the couple. So basically this story is 'ugly duckling doctor finds prince charming doctor and lives happily ever after'

Comment

i can only say Subhan Allah to these stories..I salute the guy and his family and pray that the ladies remain happy forever in their new families

Comment

Wow. That's good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X