Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

:start:

:salams

Alhamdhullilah, I found another rishta success story on Ummah Forums that will be inspiring mostly to guys who have faced rejection from a marital prospect and the sharing of the story will hopefully inspire them to spread their hands before their Lord and beg Him SWT for the girl of their dreams (even when it seems hopeless).

:wswrwb:

This is how the UF user ~TwinklingStar~ tells her story (which I'm not quoting so as to prevent italicization for easy reading):

The first time my fiance's family had shown interest in me was about 8 years back - when I was still in school. I was not interested in marriage at that time, so, I don't know what my family had told them.

They'd sent an official proposal 4 years back - I had performed istikhara - but my heart wasn't inclined, I somehow felt uneasy, so, I'd refused.

2 years back , his family had indirectly hinted to reconsider our decision. But, we hadn't given it much thought.

Early last year, they involved our Shaikh (whom I admire greatly & who's also my mehram) to plead with us to reconsider again, my Shaikh's talk motivated me deeply, so, I'd performed istikhara again, and with the well-wishes of my parents, elders etc.,I was pretty content that he would indeed be a good husband, so, I'd finally accepted, Alhamdulillah. This decision was made just after I'd performed Umrah.

However, only after I performed Hajj last year, my feelings totally changed. I realised deep down that my fiance had been the right person for me from the start. I later learned how many dua's my fiance had made so that he could marry me.

We're not married yet, biidhnillah, but I cannot imagine marrying anybody else in the Universe except my fiance now.

Obviously, everything happens according to Allah's will ... His Hikmah is beyond our comprehension . But ultimately, whatever happens has khair for us .

I must admit I would get pretty annoyed back then thinking they were hassling me like I was the only single girl in the planet, and was secretly kind of flattered too, but, now, after knowing how much effort my fiance & his family put in , leaving their self-respect & dignity aside , makes me deeply appreciate and respect them .

And I thank Allah everyday for him. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulilah. Alhamdulillah.

Comment

Re: Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

Alhamdhullilah, I found another story of a previous UF user Hanifa on how he found his wife, which might be really inspiring for guys and tell us that our best-laid plans are actually only bested by Allah's SWT perfect plans (of which we know not).

Excerpted from UF post:

Assalam alaykum,

My wife is Algerian. I am Anglo-Saxon (English).

I asked one of my supervisers at work if he knew how I could get married to a pious Muslim lady in his country (Saudi Arabia). I was working in Saudi Arabia, of course, and he was Saudi. I was hoping to marry a Saudi woman, buut that didn't happen.

About two weeks later, he said that a friend of his (a legal agent connected to a rich Saudi family) knew of a woman who was working as a chaperone to the daughter of a woman who was the sister of his client, and wanted to be married. If I wanted, he could arrange for me to meet the family where she was chaperone, and meet with the woman's sponsor and brother, who also worked for the sponsor as the majordomo for the household.

I was later told that two Saudis had proposed and all been turned down as unsuitable, despite their wealth and status. Another Saudi also expressed his interest after I had met my future wife, but she rejected him, too.

Her brother liked me on sight, despite our serious inability to communicate easily (he had some French, but his accent was so thick I couldn't grasp much of what he said. my own french was pretty elementary, and he probably had as difficult a time with my accent as I did with his). Never the less, he sensed that with me, his sister would get her full rights. I was more concerned about how pious a woman his sister was.

When I met her patron (patroness), the brother's (Muhammad's) employer, the woman tried to greet me western style (with a handshake), but I put my hand behind my back. I think her approval of the match started then. She facilitated the meeting with Muhammad's sister, which I was to have in the company of the daughter to who she was chaperone (as the daughter had some English, and would be able to translate) and another of the patronesse's sisters. (The daughter was married, but her husband was seldom home, and her Aunt was an old woman, a divorcee).

My questions to my (future) wife were all about her practice of the deen, and I also asked her if she would accept two tafsir of Quran as her mahr. She said that she would. Her questions were also about how I came to islam, anmd how I practiced it.

They already knew where I worked and what my job was, but I was also asked about where I lived and the salary I commanded. I lived in a compound at the time, and had a decent salary. So both her patroness and her Wali (Muhammad) knew I was able to support her.

Once we agreed to marry, I needed to arrange the nikah and the walima. Muhammad needed to get a legal affadavit that made him his sister's Wali even though he was the youngest son of his father (who had passed away) simply because he lived in the same household as his sister (whilst his older full brother lived in Algeria).

The nikah took place a month later, in the registry office in Riyadh. My wife was present - the second time I had ever seen her (this time she was covered). After the Nikah, we all returned to her patronesse's house. There, a small hiccup occurred. The aunty of the lady she was chaperone to, who had been with us in the room when we met, whispered into my wife's ear, urging her to ask for a sizable amount of money in addition to the mahr that I had promised and she had agreed to. Naturally, I saw that as a breach in trust, and refused. I said, if she didn't want to stick to the agreement made beforehand, then we could divorce right then and there. She almost agreed to it, but her brother persuaded her to ignorfe the wiswass of the interfering old woman.

Three days later, we had the Walima - in a tent provided by her patroness (for the men) and in her daughter's house (for the women). At the end of the Walima, I took my new wife home with me. (This was only the third time we had actually met).

We now have three children and live happily together in Medina.

Note the steps:

1. Express an interest in getting married to people who might know families whose daughters are looking for a husband
      2. Meet the family concerned.
      3. Speak to the Wali.
      4. Arrange to see the potential wife.
      5. Find out what you each expect from the marriage.
      6. Provide the proof you can support your wife.
      7. Agree on the mahr you will offer.
      8. Check with the Wali that the mahr is acceptable.
      9. Arrange the nikah.
      10. Arrange the Walima.
      11. Take your wife home with you.
      12. Make children.

Hanifa

Comment

Sometimes guys in the West want a girl from the East. Well, if you're that guy, then this rishta story will inspire you. It is written by UF Brother Stara on how he met his beautiful wife.

Excerpted from UF post:

When I was 16, I went on holiday to my Grandma’s house in Pakistan. I was there for about 2 months. I used to just hang outside with my cousin and mates, go to the Masjid and just mess around as usual. My cousin used to grind wheat and sell it as flour. Everyone used to bully me and joke about me getting married and everything which kind of peed me off a bit . I managed to stay cool about it all the way through.

Once I was sitting on a bench outside just minding my own business when I saw this girl standing right in front of me. She was waiting for my cousin to give her some flour. She was only about 12 and looked really pretty. She lived across the road from us. I knew her Father as we used to hang around together. (At the time I thought it was her brother). He is a really nice guy and he liked me as well.

When I came back to UK, I just carried on with my life as normal. A few years later when I was 21 I went back to Pakistan on holiday and was hanging out as usual. I noticed this girl come out of her house across the road. I was thinking to myself if she was the same girl I saw last time as it has been 5 years. Well it was her and she looked very beautiful :inlove:. (I know I should have lowered my gaze but you know what its like). She was the only girl I ever noticed in Pakistan.

I came back home again and a few months later I was in my room doing my stuff when my Father walked in and sat down. I felt the adrenaline pumping through my veins as I noticed he wanted to speak to me about something serious. Well he asked me if I wanted to get married. I was quite shy but I happily said yes I would. My Father told me we have found a few girls. Then I thought this is my last chance, so it’s now or never. I said to my Father, ”there’s this girl I saw who lives across the road from us in Pakistan, I think its that guys sister”. My Father knew exactly what I meant and said “that’s his daughter.….Ok, il keep that in mind.”

A few more months past. I didn’t know at the time but my Parents called my cousin in Pakistan and asked him to speak to that girls Father about my proposal. They all accepted and told my Parents.

My Father came to me later and said, “you going to Pakistan in a few weeks to get married :D. I was in shock but at the same time excited ;). I didn’t have a clue who I was getting married to. My Mother said she will tell me later. Later I asked my Father who I was getting married to and my Father said “hasn’t your Mother told you yet” I said “no, she’s told everybody else accept me, and im the one who’s getting married to her”. Then my Father laughed and said “it’s the girl from across the road” . I got even more excited and said “I didn’t really expected this” My Father said “why not”. I said “well things just don’t normally go your way”.

Later I found out that she was very nice and has good character as my cousins wife used to go to school with her. I also found out that my Mother already knew her and used to meet them when she went to Pakistan. My Mother later told me that my Father in Law and my Mother used to play together in Pakistan when they were little kids as my Mother used to live there. My Father told me they were related but very distant so we just call them family friends

Anyway, I went to Pakistan got married in August 2008. We gave money and jewelry as mahr. We had a typical Pakistan wedding, it wasn’t too bad as it was segregated but I had to sit next to my Wife in front of all the women who were staring at me like zombies. We were going to have walima but for some reason we didn’t do it, I still don’t know why. I told my wife when she gets her visa, we gonna do walima here in UK. My wife later told me she didn’t want to get married now but when she heard it was me asking for her, she accepted as she has seen me a few times before. I was over the moon when I heard this.

Well im back home in UK and my wife is in Pakistan. I have sent in Papers for my wife’s settlement visa. It’s been 7 months since I seen her and I am missing her loads. But Inshallah she will get her visa soon otherwise il have to sort out a few people (Home Office, Immigration Officers).

Sorry if my story is a bit long, I got a bit carried away.

A bit of advice, if you think you have found someone suitable then dont delay, let your parents or people close to you know because sometimes your parents might have there own plans. If they know sooner, then sooner the day will come inshallah.

I pray for all those who want to get married and for all those who are married to have a loving family in this life and the hereafter.

Peace be with you all

Comment

Well, here we go with another successful rishta story, this time of Sister Neelu of how her parents met (which is beautiful and inspiring as well due to the level of honesty that was incoming from her dad in the rishta process).
          It's a sweet and short story Alhamdhullilah.

Excerpted from UF post:

I know it's tragic that my mum lost her parents at an early age, but in a way, it turned out to be an advantage where marriage issues were concerned because then her older brother arranged her rishta. As a younger person of the same generation, he consulted her and asked her opinion every step of the way and when he met potentials, he was a lot more up front and informal.

When my dad went to my mum's house as a potential rishta, the elders in his family kept trying to dictate how he should behave. He turned up and my mum's brother asked him some questions about his line of work and income. My dad just told him straight that it was commission based work so sometimes he earned good money and sometimes he got nothing. My uncle was very impressed by his honesty but my dad's mum and aunty were horrified. Then when my dad started answering questions in more detail, his aunty got worried that he was talking too much so she interrupted him and told my uncle that my dad is a bit 'sidda' and stupid Anyway, my parents got married and are still together complaining about each other over 40 years later so he must've done something right;)

Comment

Hate to say this but in most of these stories the men are either too desperate , bend over backwards and are more or less submissive. In some stories the men have gained little compared to the women because of their low standards.

Oh well. Whatever makes them happy.
            Last edited by TazZ-; 28-05-14, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Hm, honestly, I'm sorry that you feel that way about these stories. The bald truth is I don't think any of these men, when questioned, would tell you that they feel that they "gained little" because they did gain and much, bro. Bro, as Muslims we believe that no matter what happens, Allah's SWT plans are perfect and He SWT wants the best for us. So, yes, the men in the stories honestly did gain the "best," though it may not be the definition of best according to your standards but it is according to Allah SWT.

However, like you said in the end, what matters is that these men and women are happy in their choices, and I emphasize here choices. Alhamdhullilah for that and I say :insha: to their future happiness.

I do want to thank you for your comment though, because I am happy for that (as there might be others but perhaps not so brave in voicing their opinion which they might have silently shared with you).

So, anyway, I hope I have given you some food for thought :insha:. :jkk:

Originally posted by TazZ- View Post
              Hate to say this but in most of these stories the men are either too desperate , bend over backwards and are more or less submissive. In some stories the men have gained little compared to the women because of their low standards.

Oh well. Whatever makes them happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Search View Post

Hm, honestly, I'm sorry that you feel that way about these stories. The bald truth is I don't think any of these men, when questioned, would tell you that they feel that they "gained little" because they did gain and much, bro. Bro, as Muslims we believe that no matter what happens, Allah's SWT plans are perfect and He SWT wants the best for us. So, yes, the men in the stories honestly did gain the "best," though it may not be the definition of best according to your standards but it is according to Allah SWT.

However, like you said in the end, what matters is that these men and women are happy in their choices, and I emphasize here choices. Alhamdhullilah for that and I say :insha: to their future happiness.

I do want to thank you for your comment though, because I am happy for that (as there might be others but perhaps not so brave in voicing their opinion which they might have silently shared with you).

So, anyway, I hope I have given you some food for thought :insha:. :jkk:
                What is happening to them is because of their choices which I suppose are debateable. I would probably place these men into different categories based on their choices. You are , just like your other members of your gender believe that these men have gone with the right decision. Of course, your version of happiness is described over here so your affirmation is pretty understandable. I would have liked to expand on my comment but on second thoughts, I don't think it would be better to spill that out and possibly create doubts on the minds of the men who are going to marry in near future.

As I said before. Whatever makes them.

Comment

Jazakhallah for sharing the stories, good read.
                  Last edited by Hayya786; 29-05-14, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TazZ- View Post
                    What is happening to them is because of their choices which I suppose are debateable. I would probably place these men into different categories based on their choices. You are , just like your other members of your gender believe that these men have gone with the right decision. Of course, your version of happiness is described over here so your affirmation is pretty understandable. I would have liked to expand on my comment but on second thoughts, I don't think it would be better to spill that out and possibly create doubts on the minds of the men who are going to marry in near future.

As I said before. Whatever makes them.
                    :jkk: I would have liked to hear your reasons too, but I'll let it be too because I'm not sure where you're going with this and I really want this to be a positive thread for both men and women visiting the thread. There is too much negativity in the world, in the Marriage Section, and in daily experiences of people to not simply let this be a space for people to be happy and hope that they'll find their fairytale too In-sha-Allah as Allah is capable of all things.

Originally posted by Hayya786 View Post
                    Jazakhallah for sharing the stories, good read.
                    :jkk: I'm glad you enjoyed sis.

Comment

Well, here we go with another successful rishta story, this time of Sister Kya who had a long wait in finding her partner but Alhamdhullilah is now content.

Excerpted from UF post:

I got married 2 months ago and next month i will be 29 years old. Alhamdulilah I don't regret late marriage because it was in my destiny to get married now. That doesn't mean I haven't had my years or tears n confusion and cry. Since age 22, almost 7 years of wondering, searching, changing path, crying, praying, and hating the world. It was tough but it also taught me to value my husband because marriage didnt' come easy. It taught me a lot about sabar which i might not have had if I had married younger.

I actually met my house 5 years ago, only 2 years into my marriage search. I wanted to marry him then but he backed out. five years later and number of proposal & almost engagment later, i am back with the guy. i don't know had I gotted married to the same guy five years ago how different my marriage would have been but I do know from personal prespective, I am lot more confident.

Late marriage allowed me to grow my career, which was never in the picture for me. I never was career girl & never planned things but career came so easy to me & it gave me pride & with success my confidence grew. With time I watched friends/family in bad marriage & with time I saw more of the world. I also learned that I can change alot & nothign is set in stone.

Because of waiting longer to get married, I now am not too fussy about my husbands career/financial stability. I am comfortable with him asking me to live in his brothers house & live in a ghetto part of town when I am used to living in nicer part of neighborhood. But because I am confident with myself due to my career & life piror marriage, it doesn't bother me if people think i am poor.

For me late marriage was good. it helped me build an identity for myself which is helping me go along with my husbands plan because I know his identity isn't my identity & vice verse

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
                        Lovely thread.

I have a few that stand out to me.

One is of my friend who was engaged for many years to her cousin. She's pakistani and her cousin was from 'back home'. She's a doctor and her cousin was not only unislamic, uneducated but also abusive.
                        She broke off her engagement, despite her parents lack of support.
                        Her own family said, she wouldn't find anyone to marry her as she had a broken engagement behind her, she was on the wrong side of twenty, was too qualified and had an acne problem.
                        And within a few months she met a great religious, humble, lawyer. She married him, moved to the Middle East and now they have beautiful kids.

Another friend of mine had been in an relationship with some guy. She broke it off, repented and moved on. When she was due to get married to another guy, this ex got back into her life. He was angry that she was getting married. So he tried to sabotage the marriage by getting in touch with her fiancé and Sharing old pic he had of her with him.
                        Yet, the guy still married her and never questioned her about it.

One of my friend who is disabled. Walks with a limp and only has use of one hand. Parents wondered who would marry her. When she met her husband, he agreed to take on all the house chores and work as she can't do it.
                        Another member of my family has hereditary hair loss. When the family that was in talks with her family were told. They didn't bat an eyelid.

I know a few more.
                        Respect :up:
                        He who loses money, loses much.

He who loses a friend, loses more.

He who loses faith, loses ALL.

Comment

Alhamdhullilah, our beautiful and kind sister .Hajar. has written her rishta story on my request via PM, and In-sha-Allah it will be sadqa jariyah for her because she wanted all of us to have hope and cheer for our marital search. So, I hope all of you appreciate the time and effort she put into writing and thereby sharing her beautiful story with you because in her own words "i really spent a looong time on this and whats funny is that am not into lengthy posts at all lol," :jkk:.

i was first engaged at the age of 16 to be married 2 years later at 18, i vividly recall one of my uncles saying that i would be one of the youngest brides in our whole khandan / family..as it turned out, i was one of the oldest, if not the oldest, and the last one among my age group [of cousins] to get married lol, alhamdulilah nonetheless

so from the ages of 18 till 29, my parents and relatives and family friends and even strangers searched high and low for a suitable rishta for me, a few times i have been engaged even for extended period of time but for some reason or another all proposals would kinda get stuck, there would be little to no progress at all or there would eventually be a break up

by the time i turned 29, i was very frankly put off marriage and just thinking about men would make me bitter, i guess i was kinda depressed or frustrated or maybe both..thing that really used to peeve me was this pattern of events >> a proposal would come for me but there would be little progress and even if things did work out then it would just go south a year or two later, i mean even a blind person could see something was not right, and may Allah forgive me but there have been times when i would give up/ despair but bless my mom, she's my backbone subhanAllah, we would comfort one another when either of us would feel low and recharge our faith and seek khayr from Allah

so anyway, we were gonna visit my sis in america last year so we did, we spent a few weeks and came back home..fast forward a few months, my parents received a proposal for me from the family of a dude who lived in the same city as my sis did, the matchmaking was initiated by an uncle who knew both our families well

now check this out,

- the dude had visited dubai few times before and we of course never crossed paths, i visited his city last year and of course he didn't know i existed, even though his brother and cousins were acquainted with my brother in law

- he wanted a dubai girl and my secret wish has always been to marry a revert, guess what.. he in his own words went thru years of hell and lost path, he was effectively an atheist before he regained his emaan alhamdulillah and found his way back

- he was in usa and i in uae when our rishta was finalized, it was during our tahajjud time when our families first skyped, it was during ramadan mind you and i had just finished offering the nawafil and i remember i was sooo annoyed at the dude's and my own family for not letting me pray to my heart's content lol

- when i was first told about him, i rejected him! but my mom was like do istikhara and so i did.. subhanAllah, i had the most beautiful dream i have ever had, i don't wish to go into details, suffice to say i was content

- instead of him coming over to ours, we went to him because his parents were not able to travel this far, they are old and frail and he didn't want to exclude them from his marriage, anyway, we were married in the local masjid and the first time i actually spoke to him was after our nikah and we had met face to face in real just two days before

since we knew just the basics about one another, we have had a very entertaining time learning about each other, turns out we are opposites when it comes to personalities but alhamdulillah we share similar goals and aspirations and wit!

i cannot thank Allah enough for making my husband my husband, alhamdulillahi rabbil 'alameen, to put it in a cliche..he may not be perfect but he is perfect for me.. =)

you know what's interesting, before his proposal came for me, there was a pious soul who advised my parents to have me wedded abroad as there seemed to be sihr done over me and told us to not tell anyone [apart from my own family of course] anything until nikah.. my parents weren't exactly sold on the idea but subhanAllah when something's meant to be it happens in like a blink of an eye

before marriage, people used to ask my parents all sorts of usual nosy Qs like why are you not getting her married, especially since my younger sis had gotten married before me..i would also receive unsuitable proposals and i remember my mother would often cry too..

anyway, i have been married less than a year and it's been an interesting ride so far, alhamdulillah, i do often wonder [in amazement, i might add] the circumstances which led me to my husband..sometimes it does feel nothing short of magical, subhanAllah, Allah's ways are mysterious so please have tawakkul in Him and place your trust in Him for He knows that which we know not and try to be patient

by the way my husband is only a couple of years older than me and it's first marriage for both of us so 'being old[er] = past shelf life' is definitely not true

i feel very shy requesting for du'as but please if you could keep me and my husband in yours..may Allah also fulfil all your halal desires and protect you from fitnah and sharr, ameen ya rabb

ps. - i am neither into lengthy postings nor would i have shared practically my whole history if not for the hope that my single sisters or even brothers, take something positive from it inn shaAllah [and also cuz sis search nicely asked me to!]

please know that the wait can be or more correctly, seems to be long but trust me..in the end, it's all for best

may Allah bless you with a spouse who's a coolness to your eyes, ameen

Comment

Alhamdhullilah, I found sister JayC to have confided how the power of sincere prayer changed her life and to meet her wonderful husband. This prayer that she made sincerely from the bottom of her heart emerged from her lips during the last third of the night in Shahru Ramadan. So, please take advantage of the coming month in which Shahru Ramadan will have you being enveloped with mercy and love of Allah SWT and the sky is the limit in terms of what you ask from Allah SWT as Allah SWT has all the Treasures in the world and all the want to not disappoint His SWT beautiful and sincere slave.

:jkk:

Excerpted from
                            Sis JayC's post:

as salaam alaykum warahmatullah.

i remember going thru this... alot earlier than most, at about 15.
                            that was when i started practicing and secretly left the baatil beliefs of my family. i was paranoid of ending up with someone like them... more culture, barely any religion...

that ramadaan during tahajjud in prostration i prayed to Allah swt... everything i wanted in a man. in complete detail.... eye color, taqwa, height... and finances don't matter, pleasing to my eye and to teach me, guide me etc.
                            that same ramadaan... was the time an 18 yr old boy in USA [my now husband] took his shahadah.
                            we met 3 yrs later and within 3 weeks were married. he is exactly to the very last point everything i asked Allah for. Alhamdulillahi rabbil'aalimeen.

so pray. ask Allah. the One who listens to His slaves.... and loves that they call Him.

Comment

Originally posted by leela View Post
                              My husband and I met once then asked to see each other again to make a final decision. Both our families got overexcited and threw an engagement party instead. We decided to go along with it and got married 7 months later. Now nearly 6 years on we're still happily married and have 2 kids.

I just know my story will turn into a Hollywood rom com.
                              This is a wonderful story. So simple, so efficient.
                              If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                              There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Mashaallah.i have no stories to share bt ur stories have given me hope to a better life.it has raised my emaan n am greatful for this site.Allah ibariq

Comment

Working...
                                X