Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

:start:
    :salams

Kindly share any successful rishta stories you know. "Rishta" means proposal or relationship and in the context of marital search or future marriage in this thread. The purpose of the thread is to spread cheer among marital hopefuls and - uh - also the very hopeless (tongue-in-cheek, btw).

I'll begin...

Recently, I had a cousin in her early 30s and a completely successful doctor (pursuing cardiology) whose mother was at the end of her wits because she could not find her daughter a suitable rishta; and my aunt had also become hopeless about finding her daughter a rishta in the medical field because she was sure no one would want to marry her daughter because she was not the prettiest of her daughters. However, Alhamdhullilah, through the barakah of Allah SWT and His Will, she married unexpectedly to a wonderful, handsome man with great akhlaaq who was also the doctor on which she'd long given up for finding for her daughter. Recently, my aunt visited the couple and their new baby. And Masha-Allah so wonderful an ending to a long, woeful search.

In our distant relatives' circle, there was a woman who was in an emotionally abusive marriage with a man who was less than ideal also otherwise in his treatment of her. In desicircles (and perhaps other cultures even in Muslim context), if a girl is divorced, usually her chances at second marriage prove difficult. However, Alhamdhullilah, she was also able to marry and the man she married was relaxed about her divorce because he'd been divorced himself. And recently, they traveled to Florida to engage in sightseeing and visit Disney and In-sha-Allah they'll soon be blessed with children.

So, yes, bad starts but happy endings! So, if you have any stories, please free to share too.

:wswrwb:

Re: Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

Good thread idea. Usually get horror stories. Guess it's true. More bad stories get heard of than good.
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Re: Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
      Good thread idea. Usually get horror stories. Guess it's true. More bad stories get heard of than good.
      :salams: Yes so true, it is a great idea and so true about the horror stories. I have a few to tell myself, and those are just from my own experiences. But yes, there are good people out there with good marriages. I do not have any stories i can add as i cannot think of them off the top of my head at the moment. I do look forward to hearing some from others on hear inshAllah.

Comment

:salams

:lahawla: I found a very inspiring rishta story online below that I hope you enjoy reading! Fee sabillilah. :jkk:

Excerpt taken from Ifirdous Hubpages (with minor editing for easy reading):

Few years ago when I got divorced the world around me seemed dark and unfriendly. I felt like there is nothing to look forward to. I always felt like crying, and sometimes the tears were hard to stop. I was experiencing unusual aches and pains, had persistent negative thoughts, had difficulty concentrating and I was sensing guilt and worthlessness and had become very pessimistic and my future looked blank.

My marriage to my ex husband was a big mistake. Even though I was warned by my family members, I wanted to go ahead with it. Most of them had doubts about him but I wanted to marry him at any cost. Maybe this is what is called “love is blind;” I had come to UK for higher studies, originally being from Pakistan. I met my ex when he was in UK on a business visit. After my marriage to him there was not a single day in my life when I did not cry. We got married in Pakistan and he accompanied me to UK as my dependent. We hardly lived together for six months and he wanted to proceed to USA as he did not like this country. He was always at home, sitting and chatting with girls on computer. I still did not complain. I always thought that everything would be alright one day. Then one day he said to me that he has got a Job in USA and he is leaving and would be in touch with me on phone and net and once he got a house there he would call me. He left for USA and his attitude towards me started changing day by day. He was ignoring my calls and was behaving very rudely and also mentioned that he made a mistake by marrying me. I asked him for reason and he gave all lame excuses like there is no understanding between us etc., etc.

During this time I also came to learn that he was already married to a lady in Pakistan and that he is used to gambling. I still did not want to leave him or take divorce from him. I was very much scared of this word “divorce.”

I prayed to Allah that he should stop this divorce and make my ex come back to me. Everyone one was telling me to get rid of him but I did not have to courage to do so. I was already in my early thirties and with the label of “divorcee” I was sure that nobody would accept me and would be left all alone. I remember that it was month of Ramzan, I fasted, prayed all night and when I got up in the morning I received a phone call from my mom that my ex has sent divorce notice by post. I was completely shattered. I kept on thinking that why did Allah not listen to my prayers. My mother kept telling me that there must be something good in it. Everything happens because of a reason and Allah knows better. I kept crying and was very upset the whole day.

As I could not sleep that night I was getting up again and again and was very disturbed. I was raising my hands and asking Allah for help and was calling Allah Allah all the time. Then all of a sudden I remembered that my mother had gifted me Qur'an with translation and explanation a year ago and asked me to read it regularly so that I can find some comfort in it. Then I just got up from bed performed wadhu and simply picked up the Quran and opened a page. And in front of me was these ayahs from Surah Talaq the translation of which is as follows:

[Talaq 65:3] And will provide him sustenance from a place he had never expected; and whoever relies on Allah – then Allah is Sufficient for him; indeed Allah will accomplish His command; indeed Allah has set a proper measure for all things.

[Talaq 65:5] This is Allah’s command that He has sent down towards you; and whoever fears Allah – Allah will relieve his sins and bestow upon him a great reward.

After reading this I understood that whatever happened was God’s will and all this happened because he could no more see me leading a suffocated life with my ex.

In past I spent most of my time pursuing my studies to build my career. I felt I never had time to read Quran and always felt very lazy to offer namaz too. But after that day onwards I started praying regularly and also started reciting Quran everyday. I recited following:

Surah Baqrah

Surah yasin

Namaz-e-Salatul Tazbi

Surah Kahf

Ya allah Ya rahman Ya rahim- 1200 times daily Durood-e-Shareef before and after

Ya allah hu ya salaamu – 1000 times everyday. 11 times Durood-e-shareef before and after.

Ya musabab ul asbab - 100 times daily

Durood-e-shareef – All day and night whenever possible

Listened to Tafseer of Quran by Dr Ghulam Malik Murtaza on YouTube

Almost six months passed by and I was happy, satisfied and content with my life. I started making progress and was forgetting my past gradually. I knew that no matter what allah is always with me and besides allah I do not need anyone. Then one day a friend of my brother came to visit us and mentioned to my brother about a proposal for me. My brother discussed with me and invited the family over to our house. I was not sure weather this would finalise. I thought they would refuse after learning that I am a divorcee but by the grace of allah everything worked out well I met my future husband and after two months I got married again. Allah had put everything in place.

Today after almost five years I can’t believe I am the same person. I got all the happiness I wanted and everything I wished for came true. I am now living a very happy married life with three beautiful children and a loving and caring husband. All this happened only due to dua’s and blessings of Allah. I am very much certain now that everything that happens in this world to us is only for our own good and only god knows better what lies ahead in future. All the hardships I had gone through was nothing but a blessing in disguise. I never felt so close to Allah as I now feel. I was always doubtful weather dua could change one’s destiny or not but now I am know for sure that by offering namaz, reciting quran, making dua and placing trust in Allah, Allah can definitely change your life.

May Allah bless us all and give guidance to follow the right path. Ameen!

Comment

Masha'allah.

I hope my sisters marriage also comes into this page Insha'Allah.

And my marriage when I decide to go hunting for a wife, hahaha.

Comment

:salams:

In-sha-Allah, it will.

In-sha-Allah yours too. Best wishes for the marriage hunt in advance.

And believe it or not, it really is "hunting" for all the uninitiated peeps reading this thread. Barakallah Feek.

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
            Masha'allah.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
              Masha'allah.

Inshallah

Especially considering how much you complain about her marriage :rotfl:
              I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Lovely thread.

I have a few that stand out to me.

One is of my friend who was engaged for many years to her cousin. She's pakistani and her cousin was from 'back home'. She's a doctor and her cousin was not only unislamic, uneducated but also abusive.
                She broke off her engagement, despite her parents lack of support.
                Her own family said, she wouldn't find anyone to marry her as she had a broken engagement behind her, she was on the wrong side of twenty, was too qualified and had an acne problem.
                And within a few months she met a great religious, humble, lawyer. She married him, moved to the Middle East and now they have beautiful kids.

Another friend of mine had been in an relationship with some guy. She broke it off, repented and moved on. When she was due to get married to another guy, this ex got back into her life. He was angry that she was getting married. So he tried to sabotage the marriage by getting in touch with her fiancé and Sharing old pic he had of her with him.
                Yet, the guy still married her and never questioned her about it.

One of my friend who is disabled. Walks with a limp and only has use of one hand. Parents wondered who would marry her. When she met her husband, he agreed to take on all the house chores and work as she can't do it.

Another member of my family has hereditary hair loss. When the family that was in talks with her family were told. They didn't bat an eyelid.

I know a few more.
                https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

There was once a man and a woman, i only have met them recently... their story is amazing
                  they met... got married... there names soon changed to mama and baba

Then i came along!

The end.
                  Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
                    Lovely thread.

One is of my friend who was engaged for many years to her cousin. She's pakistani and her cousin was from 'back home'. She's a doctor and her cousin was not only unislamic, uneducated but also abusive.
                    Her own family said, she wouldn't find anyone to marry her as she had a broken engagement behind her, she was on the wrong side of twenty, was too qualified and had an acne problem.
                    And within a few months she met a great religious, humble, lawyer. She married him, moved to the Middle East and now they have beautiful kids.

Another friend of mine had been in an relationship with some guy. She broke it off, repented and moved on. When she was due to get married to another guy, this ex got back into her life. He was angry that she was getting married. So he tried to sabotage the marriage by getting in touch with her fiancé and Sharing old pic he had of her with him.

One of my friend who is disabled. Walks with a limp and only has use of one hand. Parents wondered who would marry her. When she met her husband, he agreed to take on all the house chores and work as she can't do it.

Another member of my family has hereditary hair loss. When the family that was in talks with her family were told. They didn't bat an eyelid.

I know a few more.
                    The first two stories you told I did not like

The other two were good though and they deserve good marriages. Ameen

Comment

Successful Rishta Stories - If you have any, please share... Jazkallah Khayran.

Hollah at me in 2/3 years and il tell you my rishta story if it's part of my qadr inshaAllah
                      إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

My husband and I met once then asked to see each other again to make a final decision. Both our families got overexcited and threw an engagement party instead. We decided to go along with it and got married 7 months later. Now nearly 6 years on we're still happily married and have 2 kids.

I just know my story will turn into a Hollywood rom com.
                        "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" Essay on Tolerance, Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Search View Post
                          she was sure no one would want to marry her daughter because she was not the prettiest of her daughters. However, Alhamdhullilah, through the barakah of Allah SWT and His Will, she married unexpectedly to a wonderful, handsome man with great akhlaaq who was also the doctor on which she'd long given up for finding for her daughter.
                          That was a wonderful story. I'm really happy for the couple. So basically this story is 'ugly duckling doctor finds prince charming doctor and lives happily ever after'

Comment

Lovely thread.

I know a few more.
                            i can only say Subhan Allah to these stories..I salute the guy and his family and pray that the ladies remain happy forever in their new families

Comment

Lovely thread.

I know a few more.
                              Wow. That's good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X