Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mahr fatimi

Originally posted by عبد المنعم View Post
    Guys, incase anyone still doesn't know what i mean. it is on my avatar.
    Haribo don't do Halaal Jellybeans though do they?

contains Gelatine, and doesn't seem to state if it is from Meat of plants ....

best avoid it :up:
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Imam al-Shafii (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
      Haribo don't do Halaal Jellybeans though do they?

contains Gelatine, and doesn't seem to state if it is from Meat of plants ....

best avoid it :up:
      wait.... what is on my avatar... is that not halal? if you get from muslim shop inside a masjid?

i just found out their real name. GUMMY BEARS
      70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

All those haribo avatars!...

Just make sure your potential wife likes haribos, you don't want to invest all your pennys on haribos goldbears, to find out she actually requested gold bars.

That will be awkward... the day you proudly walk on with the mahr in your hands.
        Bye...

Comment

wait.... what is on my avatar... is that not halal? if you get from muslim shop inside a masjid?

i just found out their real name. GUMMY BEARS
          I didn't know there was a Halaal version,

Alllahu alam,

:jkk:
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Imam al-Shafii (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
            All those haribo avatars!...

Just make sure your potential wife likes haribos, you don't want to invest all your pennys on haribos goldbears, to find out she actually requested gold bars.

That will be awkward... the day you proudly walk on with the mahr in your hands.
            just look at it... its like those bears are walking out of the bag.....and into my mouth :inlove:

SO YUMMY...

i am making myself hungry but the last place i found halal haribos in were over a 100 miles away from my home town =/
            Last edited by عبد المنعم; 22-04-14, 03:04 AM.
            70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

:wswrwb:

I never really care about mahr actually. As long as he can provide for the family, any mahr would be fine. Mahr is only a symbol in a marriage. It does not reflect anything. It's a gift from husband to wife. So, the amount should not be determined. My parents also never mention about how much mahr they want. My mom even mentioned to me, she would be fine to accept a son in law who is poorer than us, as long as he works and can provide for the family. In fact, she is not confident if her son in law is very much richer than us.

I think high mahr and everything is very much a cultural thing. It what makes muslims today materialistic.
              ~ Dont trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
                This is very good advice. I love jelly beans.
                sorry i missed this comment,

good to see i have supporters.

========

this started out as a joke but i will do this seriously i think. dont worry though. i will get one of the big bags, i am not stingy.

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

My parent is christian and doesn't believe in dowries. She considers it an insult, actually. And I personally think 1200$ is too much money, but I understand that each city and country has it's own economic standards to be met, and 1200 here wouldn't really be that much in England (for example).

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                    My parent is christian and doesn't believe in dowries. She considers it an insult, actually. And I personally think 1200$ is too much money, but I understand that each city and country has it's own economic standards to be met, and 1200 here wouldn't really be that much in England (for example).
                    without coming across as rude (my MIL is Christian) but is your mums view based on actual dowry ie Islamic version or the cultural version. Islamic being gift to wife from hubby and cultural being parensts wanting to make money off of their kids

Comment

sorry i missed this comment,

good to see i have supporters.

========

this started out as a joke but i will do this seriously i think. dont worry though. i will get one of the big bags, i am not stingy.
                      If someone tried to give me jelly beans as a mahr, I think I would seriously accept LOL.
                      www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                        without coming across as rude (my MIL is Christian) but is your mums view based on actual dowry ie Islamic version or the cultural version. Islamic being gift to wife from hubby and cultural being parensts wanting to make money off of their kids
                        She calls it a dowry even though she knows a mahr is only for the wife. She finds a man giving a woman money for marriage insulting/degrading to the woman.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                          She calls it a dowry even though she knows a mahr is only for the wife. She finds a man giving a woman money for marriage insulting/degrading to the woman.
                          I'm a bit of a history buff, and I read that dowry was called a "bride price" where the man paid the dad for his daughter, I think. It was back in the days where women were still considered property.
                          Perhaps that's where the stigma against "dowry" stems from.

Comment

I'm a bit of a history buff, and I read that dowry was called a "bride price" where the man paid the dad for his daughter, I think. It was back in the days where women were still considered property.
                            Where did you get that from? :scratch:

Dowry back in the days was something a wife paid to the husband.

That's why men used to seek out the rich ladies from high classes.

The richer she is the higher the dowry for husband would be
                            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by sabah suleiman View Post
                              Where did you get that from? :scratch:

Dowry back in the days was something a wife paid to the husband.

That's why men used to seek out the rich ladies from high classes.

The richer she is the higher the dowry for husband would be
                              I must've scrambled it in my head. Anyway, the kinda idea I was getting at was that lits of wedding traditions or whatnot actually stem from the "women being property" idea.

Like at the traditional (Christian) ceremony, the father gives his daughter away to the husband. Although many may see this as sentimental, it actually meant that the father was giving away his "property" for another man to own.

Comment

In my culture, this is still practiced to this very day.
                                تعيش وسط ماء دموعها و نار حبها

Comment

Working...
                                X