Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mahr fatimi

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
    Just over $2000 at current exchange rates. From what I hear, mahr-e-Fatima is based on the value of 1.6kg silver; so what it costs in your country might not accurately translate out to another. You should do the figure in your local currency based on the weight of the silver for best accuracy.
    Really? I thought $100 was too much! Guess I can raise my standards now LOL.
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
      Really? I thought $100 was too much! Guess I can raise my standards now LOL.
      Your standards are too low. I'm saying that in comparison to Sunnah maximum; not the ridiculous amounts some people think they deserve.
      I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Your standards are too low. I'm saying that in comparison to Sunnah maximum; not the ridiculous amounts some people think they deserve.
        Ouch. Wait I thought I could choose whatever I wanted, even if it's a dollar.

But hey, now that I know the Prophet's (SAW) daughter had that, I guess I can't feel guilty about asking for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
          Ouch. Wait I thought I could choose whatever I wanted, even if it's a dollar.

But hey, now that I know the Prophet's (SAW) daughter had that, I guess I can't feel guilty about asking for that.
          Islamically, you can ask for whatever you like. Doesn't mean you'll get it though lol. I think you have to understand, that we can offer ayats as mahr, but also something as small as $15 I think the cost of an iron ring, as well as what's known as Sunnah maximum in the form of Mahr-E-Fatima which is the maximum financial money i'm willing to give. I'm also going to ensure the budget is not blown out like some people do.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Just because a person asks for less mahr than Fatima did doesnt mean our standard is too low.
            "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1 View Post
              Just because a person asks for less mahr than Fatima did doesnt mean our standard is too low.
              Sorry, I was trying to be tongue in cheek. Also, it isn't 'bad' in the sense if you request or set your personal standard lower you're not as pious etc. I think the standard is from the smallest sunnah amount to the highest for most that are in the know.

Comment

Hmm mashaallah. People on UF are simple people....

Or the ones that want higher didnt say anything....
                Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

She should feel lucky just because I am marrying her.

Comment

deleted ...
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Imam al-Shafii (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                      deleted ...
                      most energetic rep for a while.

Saif-Uddin. How are you my brother.

i hope you didn't quote me with something cheeky then removed it.
                      70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

Originally posted by عبد المنعم View Post
                        most energetic rep for a while.

Saif-Uddin. How are you my brother.

i hope you didn't quote me with something cheeky then removed it.
                        lol, I expect you to give your wife a Gift far better than some Halal Jellybabies ...

that post was me replying to constant hope, I realised he was joking so I deleted my reply.

Alhumdulillah i'm Good, and Alhumdulillah Allah ta'ala has saved me from taking part in a process of Kufr ... :up:

:jkk:
                        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Imam al-Shafii (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                          lol, I expect you to give your wife a Gift far better than some Halal Jellybabies ...

that post was me replying to constant hope, I realised he was joking so I deleted my reply.

Alhumdulillah i'm Good, and Alhumdulillah Allah ta'ala has saved me from taking part in a process of Kufr ... :up:

:jkk:
                          ill throw in some cola bottles if she is really pious, those fizzy ones.

don't get what you mean about kufr :scratch: either because i didn't read all the comments and it might be related to that or me tired.
                          70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

Originally posted by sawm View Post
                            Hmm mashaallah. People on UF are simple people....

Or the ones that want higher didnt say anything....
                            I like your pessimism lol
                            Last edited by Grimmjow; 22-04-14, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by عبد المنعم View Post
                              I am giving her some halal jelly babies.

i will ask her to share them with me as well (I know she doesn't have to Islamically) but it will be a test of her kindness towards me.
                              What if, inshAllah this doesnt happen, but what if she divorces you. Will you expect a full bag of halal jelly babies or half a packet(since technically you consumed half of her mahr) of jelly babies?

Food for thought.
                              Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                                What if, inshAllah this doesnt happen, but what if she divorces you. Will you expect a full bag of halal jelly babies or half a packet(since technically you consumed half of her mahr) of jelly babies?

Food for thought.

Was that a pun

Comment

Working...
                                X