Mahr Fatimi. Yes!!!!
    56.25%
    No, higher mahr
    0.00%
    Parents wouldn't accept
    0.00%
    Anything
    43.75%
    Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Last edited by iRepIslam; 21-04-14, 05:15 PM.
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Re: Mahr fatimi

My dad would accept a $1.. I wouldn't mind either. I'm not marrying a guy to get every penny he has so why ask for much.
      "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

I can realistically afford $500 and that too with making a face like this >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1 View Post
            My dad would accept a $1.. I wouldn't mind either. I'm not marrying a guy to get every penny he has so why ask for much.
            That is nice to hear.
            But you want to have some respect for your husband. lol

I know what you mean

Comment

Originally posted by sawm View Post
              That is nice to hear.
              But you want to have some respect for your husband. lol

I know what you mean
              But I mean if he was a millionaire a mercedes would be nice :/
              "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

Subhan-Allah

And we read in the seerah when Ali r.a. didn't have much to give Fatimah r.a. for a mahr but the Prophet s.a.a.w. told him just give her your coat of armor. Or another time a sahaba was so poor he didn't have anything to give for a mahr and the Prophet s.a.a.w. told him to teach her whatever he knew of the Quran to give to her. My have times changed......
                "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1 View Post
                  But I mean if he was a millionaire a mercedes would be nice :/
                  even If I was a millionaire, I would still want to pay mahr fatimi.

Then mercedes is extra afterwards. lol
                  Even if I am bit wealthy. would keep money for Hajj or Umrah together. Better plan

Comment

I am giving her some halal jelly babies.

i will ask her to share them with me as well (I know she doesn't have to Islamically) but it will be a test of her kindness towards me.
                    Last edited by عبد المنعم; 21-04-14, 05:50 PM.
                    70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

My parents said they wouldn't accept a single penny. I've just asked my mom & she was like, "Oh, no my dear. He just needs to take good care of you."

Oh man, I love my mom ! <33

Comment

:wswrwb:

I'm not willing as a man to pay more than Mahre-e-Fatima which is the sunnah maximum. If a person cannot understand that I want to follow in the Sunnah as much as possible for the marriage, then they're not right for me. That applies like above even if i'm a millionaire. I'll look after my future wife Inshallah with everything I have to give, but the last thing you want is an ungrateful gold digger or to end up with a woman who gets changed by the wealth and all you thought was true turned out wrong.

I applaud the sisters on the forum saying they'll accept maximum sunnah amounts.
                        Last edited by Constant Hope; 21-04-14, 08:03 PM.
                        I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

I'm not British or European so how much is that 1200 in dollars?
                          www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Mahr fatimi

:salams

yes I would alhamdulillah

and yes my mother would alhamdulillah

:wswrwb:
                            ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                            U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
                              I'm not British or European so how much is that 1200 in dollars?
                              Just over $2000 at current exchange rates. From what I hear, mahr-e-Fatima is based on the value of 1.6kg silver; so what it costs in your country might not accurately translate out to another. You should do the figure in your local currency based on the weight of the silver for best accuracy.
                              I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Working...
                              X