Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is marriage pre-destined in Islam ?

Assalam o Aleikum brothers and sisters,

I would like to ask .. is marriage predestined in Islam ?
    I mean I know that we have choices & a free will to choose, but what i m searching for .. is the answer to this ..

When u really want to marry someone & it does not work out despite the great understanding u had with them & how well u got along & for all the years u have known them ..
    Is this not working out thing .. a cause of Allah swt's will .. or is it just due to wrong timing even after u pray to ALLAH swt for it ?

Also, we feel sometimes that a person we have met seems so perfect & u even feel a connection with them .. but still if it doesnot work out .. then is there Hiqmat behind that ?? or is it just worldly
    decisions that we make .. ?

Re: Is marriage pre-destined in Islam ?

hello,

ive been wanting to ask this question myself - I really liked someone (a friend) i thought he would understand me like anything but all of a sudden he started misunderstanding me and i kept trying to make more of an effort and he suddenly just pushed me away. I would of done alot for him and we would of been great together but for some reason its not working out. i have been praying for god to do whats best for me so maybe god doesnt think its good for me and thats why he took it away?

newys in the midst of all this my mind replays over and over again if only i said this, if only i said that, if only i tried this or that?

so do you think its kismat or my own foolishness that didnt make it work???

Comment

They say everything happens by the will of Allah.

Try not reading too much into it, because it'll make your head spin trying to understand it. The basic reason behind that is because Allah is beyond any and all human understanding, no matter how hard we try. The best thing to do, is understand that if you do everything right you possibly can, and things don't work out, just accept that and move on as Allah has something better for you.
      I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

U r right brother .. Besides I've learned u don't have to attain the one u love .. U can make dua for them so that Allah swt keeps them safe &sound..

Comment

i like what you said - i never thought of it like that - i was just obssesed with hoping that allah makes him realise how much he wronged me :/

thanks - i like your prespective

Comment

Originally posted by xaxa View Post
            i like what you said - i never thought of it like that - i was just obssesed with hoping that allah makes him realise how much he wronged me :/

thanks - i like your prespective

sometimes sis you'll never get that realisation in another pesron.

you were wrontged by a boyfriend??
            i was wronged by teh father of my 2 children.

big difference

let me give you a little bit of advice in sha allah - if you forgive the person sis and i dont mean seeking him out to tell him you forgive him.
            i mean, just say a dua for him, and forgive him in your heart - your burden will release and you will be free to carry on with your life. i feel like (and i've read some of your posts) your stuck with this person in your herart. time to let him go i think.

in sha allah you will find someone worthy of you, someone who weren't wrong you and someone who will bring you closer to allah swt.
            after all what use is anything in this dunya if it brings us further away from allah's remembrance.
            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
              sometimes sis you'll never get that realisation in another pesron.

you were wrontged by a boyfriend??
              i was wronged by teh father of my 2 children.

big difference

let me give you a little bit of advice in sha allah - if you forgive the person sis and i dont mean seeking him out to tell him you forgive him.
              i mean, just say a dua for him, and forgive him in your heart - your burden will release and you will be free to carry on with your life. i feel like (and i've read some of your posts) your stuck with this person in your herart. time to let him go i think.

in sha allah you will find someone worthy of you, someone who weren't wrong you and someone who will bring you closer to allah swt.
              after all what use is anything in this dunya if it brings us further away from allah's remembrance.
              Excellent advice.Very practical

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

no...I don't think so.

Comment

:wswrwb:

yes, it is

every thing is pre-destined in this world
                  sigpic

Comment

:salams

Yes, it's pre-destined, like everything else.

If it doesn't work out, that too is pre-destined. We seem to think marriages not working out as something negative all the time, but there is a greater good behind it that we may or may not see (or sometime just refuse to see).

Originally posted by Spider man View Post
                    no...I don't think so.
                    Who told you that?
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Some questions that you can't google

Who will marry me?
                      When will I die?
                      ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Working...
                      X