15000 mahr - thats decent right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xFedal View Post
    NOO! In islam the only marriage that counts in the sight of allah is Nikkah your islamic marriage once that is done your both islamically wife and husband, you dont have to get married using western laws,
    Originally posted by xFedal View Post
    She can't use western laws if ur not married accoring to kuffar law. Your immune to alimoney, and there no such thing as being rewarded anything apart from child support
    That wasn't exactly what I meant. What I meant was that after you get married, if she got married to you for money and trapped you with a "low mahr" angle, you will not be able to stop her from divorcing you using western laws if you live in the west. If she ends up being such a person, she will not think twice about islamic laws and will want to use western laws which gives her rights to 50% of everything you have.

All I am saying is, dig deep, really really deep, and don't fall for the "I am happy with a low mahr" thing. It means nothing these days, especially in the west. It may mean something in the middle east if western laws are not a choice their.

Comment

• Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
      That wasn't exactly what I meant. What I meant was that after you get married, if she got married to you for money and trapped you with a "low mahr" angle, you will not be able to stop her from divorcing you using western laws if you live in the west. If she ends up being such a person, she will not think twice about islamic laws and will want to use western laws which gives her rights to 50% of everything you have.

All I am saying is, dig deep, really really deep, and don't fall for the "I am happy with a low mahr" thing. It means nothing these days, especially in the west. It may mean something in the middle east if western laws are not a choice their.
      Yes I know what your saying I plan doing a mahr most likely the sunnah one and islamic nikkah only and not western marriage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
        Hey, it's okay to have your own opinon, but I don't agree with insulitng others.
        Sorry if I offended someone ...kheyr in shaa Allah

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
        not really

in some cultures its the norm, and so therefore you wouldn't see yoruself as being 'greedy' or 'shameless'

not saying its right. just saying that its the norm

plus what is 15,000 mahr is not JUST money. it includes the gold and possibly land (which is part of the family property, so doesn't need t be brought)
        That could be, indeed. I couldn't know, I've heard about it (idk anymore in which culture)
        Abd-Dard (radhiya Allhu anh) said:
        The one who advises his brother in secret has beautified him and the one who advises his brother openly has uglified him.
        (al-Amr bil-Marf wan-Nah an-il-Munkar, p. 39, by Imm Abu Bakr al-Khalll)
        instagram

Comment

Working...
        X