Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Married men only, no sisters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Married men only, no sisters

    Please respect thread title thanks






















































    After years of being married I still don't feel mature. I still feel like a kid. When you do start feeling like a adult? I mean I have bills, a career, real responsibilities and all of that stuff, but yet I still don't feel like a grown up. We don't have kids and not planning on it for a couple of years. Its like when I sit in a room full of married guys, I feel like I don't belong. Its like I belong in the next room where all the kids are playing video games (I dont like video games). I still haven't changed. My Mentality is the same. I just don't feel adequate. I thought marriage would change this? Eh Is anyone else the same? I just want to feel like a grown up.
    Last edited by TurkishTatar; 09-03-14, 03:13 AM.

  • #2
    Re: Married men only, no sisters

    Salaam brother,

    I am not married but really wanted to post my opinion.

    I also feel the same as you. Everyone has matured around me but am the same guy who I was at 18. My interests are the same too. My life is the same as it was at college. I would never want to change it either as I enjoy it. In addition, I have stopped being friends with people my age and my friends consist of younger people tho am 24 years old. I just find people my age boring and feel that some of them put on a fake front to impress others and show that they are mature. They annoys me and drifts me away from them.

    I believe that I will be the same when am married too. I wont change. May be thats how we are. We are the ever young people lol :)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Married men only, no sisters

      Originally posted by LionKhan View Post
      Salaam brother,

      I am not married but really wanted to post my opinion.

      I also feel the same as you. Everyone has matured around me but am the same guy who I was at 18. My interests are the same too. My life is the same as it was at college. I would never want to change it either as I enjoy it. In addition, I have stopped being friends with people my age and my friends consist of younger people tho am 24 years old. I just find people my age boring and feel that some of them put on a fake front to impress others and show that they are mature. They annoys me and drifts me away from them.

      I believe that I will be the same when am married too. I wont change. May be thats how we are. We are the ever young people lol :)
      During Bayram, I sat next my 18 year old cousin, He sits proper, Speaks proper, its like this guy is a decade younger than me O_O


      Yea I agree, I'm more like you, when you reach a certain age. I think thats about 25. You're done.. "growing up". Its like people go through different personalities, but at 25. Its the cut off. I think.


      Also you say that now, But it depends on your wife, my wife is nice and chill Alhamdulillah. I've seen guys change overnight. :o

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Married men only, no sisters

        Originally posted by TurkishTatar View Post
        Please respect thread title thanks






















































        After years of being married I still don't feel mature. I still feel like a kid. When you do start feeling like a adult? I mean I have bills, a career, real responsibilities and all of that stuff, but yet I still don't feel like a grown up. We don't have kids and not planning on it for a couple of years. Its like when I sit in a room full of married guys, I feel like I don't belong. Its like I belong in the next room where all the kids are playing video games (I dont like video games). I still haven't changed. My Mentality is the same. I just don't feel adequate. I thought marriage would change this? Eh Is anyone else the same? I just want to feel like a grown up.
        Awesome.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Married men only, no sisters

          asalaamu alaykum. There's nothing wrong with that, so long as you're fulfilling your roles as a husband. You should make a few adult friends though who you can learn from to help you in grown up things like DIY, fixing up the house/car etc.
          visit this free Muslim marriage agency thats only for practising Muslims! >> www.puremuslimmatch.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Married men only, no sisters

            well, I'm not married yet , I want to get married soon, but when I see someone my age with kids, I get freaked out, and want to forget about the marriage idea :O

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Married men only, no sisters

              Originally posted by Osman.M View Post
              well, I'm not married yet , I want to get married soon, but when I see someone my age with kids, I get freaked out, and want to forget about the marriage idea :O
              Why's that? One of my cousins married at 15, 16 if I remember correct.

              Comment


              • #8
                Married men only, no sisters

                you're all good
                They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Married men only, no sisters

                  Originally posted by TurkishTatar View Post
                  Please respect thread title thanks...
                  In your dreams, pal.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Married men only, no sisters

                    I remember hearing that men never really grow up until like the age of 40. its who se are fam, embrace it.
                    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Married men only, no sisters

                      Originally posted by TurkishTatar View Post
                      During Bayram, I sat next my 18 year old cousin, He sits proper, Speaks proper, its like this guy is a decade younger than me O_O


                      Yea I agree, I'm more like you, when you reach a certain age. I think thats about 25. You're done.. "growing up". Its like people go through different personalities, but at 25. Its the cut off. I think.


                      Also you say that now, But it depends on your wife, my wife is nice and chill Alhamdulillah. I've seen guys change overnight. :o
                      Dude, theres no fun in being old :) Act like you are and be proud I say.

                      Well, if the 25 year old theory is correct...I got 9 months left to grow lol..Hope I really dont tho.

                      I will change my wife if she acts old and boring lol

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Married men only, no sisters

                        I married at a young age, and I can tell you for the first few years I was still acting as a 'boy'. It's when my first child was born that I realised how much immature I was (and to a certain extent I still am). But what you really require is ownership of responsibility, suffice to say bringing up a child in this world will most likely help.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Married men only, no sisters

                          Its only the sense of responsibility that gives you the feeling youre looking for. Be responsible of your family etc. inshallah it will creep up on you before you are aware

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X