RE: My sister's marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: My sister's marriage

She's having a nikah with that relative guy on Sunday.

Actually the relative guy's sisters wanted him to marry some other girl in the family (who the sisters live with LOL). I had hoped that would happen, so my sister wouldn't marry him.

Unfortunately the circumstances are such that my sister and the guy are indeed getting married.

However the future scares me. What if... they get married.. have children.. and he still doesn't have a job?

Many of the immigrants have minimum wage jobs in the UK. It's not like he has a formal education (e.g. engineering degree, medical degree, pharmacy degree). I think he has a degree in commerce but I have no idea. I think he was doing accounting then he dropped out.

DAMMIT.

I'm just venting my frustrations here, really. I have no one else to talk to about this matter.

Re: My sister's marriage

maybe things will work out. You neva know bro

Comment

Let is slide and stay in Allah's hands now bro. You just worry about your own life and making sure you got your own stuff in order, and be there to help your sister if she needs it :up:
      I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
        Let is slide and stay in Allah's hands now bro. You just worry about your own life and making sure you got your own stuff in order, and be there to help your sister if she needs it :up:
        Assalamu Aleikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu, yeah I agree. I mean all rizq comes from Allah (swt) and If he is sincerely trying to make something out of himself than In Shaa Allah, no worries. Just make lots of dua for your sister and her husband to be, and leave the matter in Allah's hand. P.S If you could help a brother out even better. Do your part and leave the rest up to Allah (swt). In Shaa Allah khair, stay positive dude. :)

Comment

I am more worried about the fact he wants to come to the uk.

Anyone can see how the west is corrupt and is changing many muslims.

For a person to come here, they are risking their deen.

I would rather stay in a somewhat muslim country even though pakistan has a lot of shirk and bidah as well. But at least the adhan goes off there and you are amongst many muslims there, however terrible some may be.
          Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
          ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
            I am more worried about the fact he wants to come to the uk.

Anyone can see how the west is corrupt and is changing many muslims.

For a person to come here, they are risking their deen.

I would rather stay in a somewhat muslim country even though pakistan has a lot of shirk and bidah as well. But at least the adhan goes off there and you are amongst many muslims there, however terrible some may be.
            Pakistan isn't a great place to stay simply based on quality of life and access to healthcare. In fact, a muslim should take full responsibility for offering salah without having to have adhan signal them each time. Something not everybody in Pakistan responds to anyways.

I live here in the UK, and although we have a specific set of challenges, we've learned how to navigate them. You'd be just swapping this for having to re-learn how to navigate Pakistans. Also, as mentioned, children are more likely to be born health, have access to better education and careers giving them wealth and prosperity. Remember, we have to balance deen and dunya. Not neglect one in favour of the other, but not focus on one so much it also becomes a sin on us for not doing our duties in the dunya. E.g a father who reads qu'ran all day, but doesn't bother getting a job to support his family.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Pakistan isn't a great place to stay simply based on quality of life and access to healthcare. In fact, a muslim should take full responsibility for offering salah without having to have adhan signal them each time. Something not everybody in Pakistan responds to anyways.

I live here in the UK, and although we have a specific set of challenges, we've learned how to navigate them. You'd be just swapping this for having to re-learn how to navigate Pakistans. Also, as mentioned, children are more likely to be born health, have access to better education and careers giving them wealth and prosperity. Remember, we have to balance deen and dunya. Not neglect one in favour of the other, but not focus on one so much it also becomes a sin on us for not doing our duties in the dunya. E.g a father who reads qu'ran all day, but doesn't bother getting a job to support his family.
              your missing the point on what I said.
              Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
              ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
                your missing the point on what I said.
                I guess I can understand where you're coming from, but I don't think there's any other Muslim country I've looked at and felt i'd like to relocate there. Inshallah I am strong enough in my deen and will be granted Jannah even though I do live in the UK and we face a lot of tests.
                Last edited by Constant Hope; 04-03-14, 08:38 PM.

Comment

:salams

Make Dua'a that they have a successful marriage.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
                    She's having a nikah with that relative guy on Sunday.

Actually the relative guy's sisters wanted him to marry some other girl in the family (who the sisters live with LOL). I had hoped that would happen, so my sister wouldn't marry him.

Unfortunately the circumstances are such that my sister and the guy are indeed getting married.

However the future scares me. What if... they get married.. have children.. and he still doesn't have a job?

Many of the immigrants have minimum wage jobs in the UK. It's not like he has a formal education (e.g. engineering degree, medical degree, pharmacy degree). I think he has a degree in commerce but I have no idea. I think he was doing accounting then he dropped out.

DAMMIT.

I'm just venting my frustrations here, really. I have no one else to talk to about this matter.
                    InshaAllah things work out..why she getting married to a freshie tho? Me no understand :scratch:
                    :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
                      InshaAllah things work out..why she getting married to a freshie tho? Me no understand :scratch:
                      Apparently she had an illness she felt nobody else would want to marry her with, and she had no other choices I think. This brother tried wriggling every which way he could out of it for his sister even though she wanted to marry because she felt it was no good for her. I agree based on visa restrictions.

Comment

Apparently she had an illness she felt nobody else would want to marry her with, and she had no other choices I think. This brother tried wriggling every which way he could out of it for his sister even though she wanted to marry because she felt it was no good for her. I agree based on visa restrictions.
                        This.

Plus my sister likes him. She thinks he's such a nice guy and he will take care of her.

Comment

noooo someone should have had a proper chat with his sister and knocked sense in to her y she be putting herself down like that for, the guys marrying the passport not her, why would anyone want to be used like that??

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
                            This.

Plus my sister likes him. She thinks he's such a "nice guy" and he will take care of her.
                            Is it coz he doesn't have a back bone? There's a difference between a pushover and a nice guy..

Comment

Are u afraid that they will be a burden financially? If it ever comes to that then kick em out and tell him to go live with his sisters i.e. your aunts.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X