Can't marry a girl that committed zina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't marry a girl that committed zina

Is it wrong for me to not consider a girl that committed zina?
    I myself have been waiting for marriage however, I just can't bring myself to marry a girl that committed zina even if she became a good Muslim.

you may ask, how will I know if she committed zina, but I'll have to make it clear to her that I don't want to marry a girl that committed fornication so if she did do it I'd hope she would be sincere and just back away from the marriage proposal.
    "The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and,.. attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency."
    -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Re: Can't marry a girl that committed zina

No it is not wrong. If you feel that you cannot marry such a girl then it is really up to you.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by ss91 View Post
      Is it wrong for me to not consider a girl that committed zina?
      I myself have been waiting for marriage however, I just can't bring myself to marry a girl that committed zina even if she became a good Muslim.

you may ask, how will I know if she committed zina, but I'll have to make it clear to her that I don't want to marry a girl that committed fornication so if she did do it I'd hope she would be sincere and just back away from the marriage proposal.
      It would probably be you, having to back away from her wali for your own safety in this scenerio.

Comment

Why would you tell someone you committed zina??
        :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

You can marry who ever you want, nobody's business really. Just keep in mind that maybe one day you will have a daughter of your own and I hope for her sake men will not treat her the same way you treating your sisters who made a mistake in the past. Just saying. :1peace:
          My heart will go on

Comment

My advice is there for yoy to contemplate upon, not necessarily act upon, because I don't know you or the girl personally..

You say she is a 'good muslim..' what more do you want?

Don't reject her simply on the basis of her past life. We have all committed sins......and how do you know that Allah liked her repentance from the sin so much that she was given guidance such that she hates going anywhere near sin..?

Remember repentance is the key factor behind humans being given a higher status than Angels.
            وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
            Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
              It would probably be you, having to back away from her wali for your own safety in this scenerio.
              I think you misunderstood. I'm not accusing her of committing zina, I'm just telling her a general statement that I would not like to marry a girl that had committed that in her past. That is all.

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
              No one is saying what they committed because that is between them and Allah (SWT), I'm just indirectly telling her that I don't want to marry a girl that committed zina, whether she has or hasn't I wouldnt know, but if she HAD I'd hope she wouldn't pursue the proposal.
              "The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and,.. attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency."
              -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

Originally posted by i.badat View Post
                My advice is there for yoy to contemplate upon, not necessarily act upon, because I don't know you or the girl personally..

You say she is a 'good muslim..' what more do you want?

Don't reject her simply on the basis of her past life. We have all committed sins......and how do you know that Allah liked her repentance from the sin so much that she was given guidance such that she hates going anywhere near sin..?

Remember repentance is the key factor behind humans being given a higher status than Angels.
                I just meant in a hypothetical situation, that even if she did become a good muslim. I'm sure Allah would have accepted her repentance but its just a preference. I don't look down on anyone that committed zina.
                -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

I dont understand why so.eone wouldnt.. imagin they had aids or some std.. if u got an std or something u would be like.. oh my giss why didnt he or she tell me...
                  Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Originally posted by FeedMEknowledge View Post
                    I dont understand why so.eone wouldnt.. imagin they had aids or some std.. if u got an std or something u would be like.. oh my giss why didnt he or she tell me...
                    We're supposed to hide our sins! STD's/AIDS is an exception
                    :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Yea I know. I'm not saying she has to outright tell me. and since you brought up STDs, it becomes more of a health issue if they do have it. I think at that point its the other person's right to know.
                      -Alhazen Ibn Al-Haythem

Comment

U can hide em.. but this is like a flat out lie when someone is expexting a virgin.And if hes asking her and her response is a lie... Imagine she had a xhild also and. Things werent biw they were first packaged.. it would be a big surprise to a guy who sqved himself for marriage... Idunno.. i would feel super hurt...
                        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

ss91, I know exactly where you're coming from, I had the same attitude before, but I changed my mind after considering potentials (who themselves told me that they have done 'bad' things in the past), even though I said it's fine as long as you repent sincerely. But they did not want to be with someone that wasn't similar to them.

Maybe you can say, that you would prefer someone that has not bee in past as it bothers you and could ruin the relationship?? In sha Allah you will find someone that meets your criteria
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
                            You can marry who ever you want, nobody's business really. Just keep in mind that maybe one day you will have a daughter of your own and I hope for her sake men will not treat her the same way you treating your sisters who made a mistake in the past. Just saying. :1peace:
                            If he hasn't committed zina himself he's going to want a sister who hasn't committed zina. The last sentence wasn't needed.
                            ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Do you bro, do you
                              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                              ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
                              “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Working...
                              X